You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
foehammer273

Pink for 5 Games

29 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
37 posts
7,939 battles

Wargaming has really [edited] up the teamkill rules now.  My computer crashed while waiting to join a battle and I log back in and am pink for 5 [edited]games!?!

So, basically pink means absolutely nothing.  Doesn't mean someone actually TKed anyone, doesn't mean crap.  Trouble with your computer?  You're a TKer...

I should torp some team mates so I actually earn the pink...

Bravo Wargaming...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,795 battles

WG replaced the auto-team damage/TK system in 0.7.4 with a new auto anti-abuse system:  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/

How the new Anti-Abuse System works in WoWs:

In version 0.7.4, WG's new anti-abuse system is supposed to counter unsportsmanlike conduct and unfair play to a whole new level. From now on, players acting disrespectfully toward teammates by attacking them, being inactive in battle, or fleeing a battle will get a foul conduct warning first and will be banned from certain types of battles (except Co-op and Clan Battles) in case of repeated violations.

The status of a player's account will be indicated by the color of their nickname:

WHITE color meaning lack of violations.

PINK color meaning the player has received a warning. No restrictions. You can play any battle mode.

ORANGE color meaning the player is under penalty and is restricted from entry to certain types of battles.

Any penalty will be "served" in Co-op Battles, where each battle played without violations is one step on the way back to the "white" status. The exact penalty will depend on the number of violations and the frequency of their recurrence. Repeat offenders will "go pink" faster and face an ever increasing penalty for repeated acts of unsportsmanlike conduct. This significantly reduces the chance for all players to be matched in a battle with a "hardcore" offender.

Edited by daVinci761st

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

in the end it means nothing, play the game have fun and don't worry about it. If I had a dollar for every time I was pink or chat banned I could buy better beer

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,795 battles
7 minutes ago, foehammer273 said:

daVinvi - I understood the change and I understand the logic - its just stupidly strict

10-4 and aye. I think WG really needs to tweak the system for AFK. Maybe allow for 3 AFKs in a 24-hour period before you get a pink warning or something like that. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
28 minutes ago, foehammer273 said:

My computer crashed while waiting to join a battle and I log back in and am pink for 5 [edited]games!?!

Obviously, this is NOT the first time this has happened to you.

19 minutes ago, foehammer273 said:

I understood the change and I understand the logic - its just stupid

Fixed that for you.

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,886 battles
26 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Work it Brother work it off

Tw9fDLM.gif

That's hilarious!

[FOG]
Beta Testers
215 posts
3,771 battles

Of course, it happens with accidental damage as well, especially when some douchenozzle decides to NOT repair flooding damage, fire, etc.  So in essence, yes.....pink status means nothing. Stuff happens, but too many idiots want to abuse the anti-abuse system.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Just relax. If it means nothing you shouldn't be so upset.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
6 hours ago, daVinci761st said:

10-4 and aye. I think WG really needs to tweak the system for AFK. Maybe allow for 3 AFKs in a 24-hour period before you get a pink warning or something like that. 

I think you are illustrating why they made the change.. 3 afks in 24 hours before discipline?

I have only been afk twice (enough to go pink now) in my whole time playing. That includes bathroom breaks, answering door, answering phone, game crashes, computer crashes, internet failures.

Edited by c3shooter
misstated

[PVE]
Members
1,608 posts
6,767 battles

PINK really does not mean to much, its when someone that may be a devoted PVP player turns ORANGE is when the cackles will rise, because then they will not be allowed to play PVP until their penalty battles are done in PVE.

Members
2,433 posts
7,746 battles
3 hours ago, foehammer273 said:

Wargaming has really [edited] up the teamkill rules now.  My computer crashed while waiting to join a battle and I log back in and am pink for 5 [edited]games!?!

If your computer crashed than its your fault, and not WGs fault...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles

Its not an issue, it is not too strict, and pink never really meant much anyway...

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I love these pink threads

So one person argued he was never afk due to the fact he was still at his kb while trying to get back into the game.

You were AFK so you got a penalty, so what, people who start the game and see an AFK are just getting sick of it, so WG introduce a system to penalise you if your AFK.

Again people run to the forums to complain they turned pink, what I find funny is that you have 5 pink games, and most here who have complained said they have had 2 or 3, so is it really, your AFK more than you realise and the penalty system is working as intended.

Will it be the more you go AFK and receive a penalty you get more and more games pink, eventually turning orange.

People need to understand, your turning pink for a reason, that reason is you, and your own actions.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,447 posts
4,302 battles

The penalty should have been for people who deliberately push the exit battle button before their ship is destroyed. This part of it is what requires fixing.

And no, @Xlap, your computer's failure is not "your fault". It is an unpredictable thing that is beyond the user's control, and punishing them for it IS AN INJUSTICE. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NOBS]
Members
552 posts
5,979 battles
15 hours ago, daVinci761st said:

Why should players get 3 every 24 hours when the majority are never AFK?

Members
2,433 posts
7,746 battles
55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The penalty should have been for people who deliberately push the exit battle button before their ship is destroyed. This part of it is what requires fixing.

OP was AFK, his team was at disavantage due to that.

55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And no, @Xlap, your computer's failure is not "your fault". It is an unpredictable thing that is beyond the user's control, and punishing them for it IS AN INJUSTICE. 

Yep it is. You are the responsable for the maintenace of your equipment. 

With a good maintenace you can reduce the chance of "unpredictable" thing happen. My PC is not even a great one or new, yet i dont remember when it was the last time it just crashed.

You are the responsable for your equipment. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles

So the other day I’m tootling around in my Yueyang trying to cap A and friendly Torps go wizzing close by coming from the rear.. to close, I look at the DD that fires em and then ....make an error by looking to see who the hell he’s shooting at..which is nobody that I can see ...which causes me to miss his second set of Torps,1 hits me ...I yell..

3F69B70B-5779-4E62-A1B5-5B3487F11D19.jpeg

[ARGSY]
Members
6,447 posts
4,302 battles
48 minutes ago, Xlap said:

OP was AFK, his team was at disavantage due to that.

Yep it is. You are the responsable for the maintenace of your equipment. 

With a good maintenace you can reduce the chance of "unpredictable" thing happen. My PC is not even a great one or new, yet i dont remember when it was the last time it just crashed.

You are the responsable for your equipment. 

You are taking this too seriously.

Are YOU responsible if the power fails?

Are YOU responsible if your cable company has service issues that are beyond your control?

If YOU think players should be made responsible for these things and asked to bear a penalty because events beyond their control cut them out of the game, then YOU have a REALLY bad attitude problem.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are YOU responsible if your cable company has service issues that are beyond your control?

If YOU think players should be made responsible for these things and asked to bear a penalty because events beyond their control cut them out of the game, then YOU have a REALLY bad attitude problem.

^^See this is what I am talking about, "I am not AFK I am still sitting at my keyboard, trying to log back in" how is that being AFK? 

• Cool 1

Members
2,433 posts
7,746 battles
49 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yep they are. The "issue" is on their side.

The player is responsable to have a stable enviroment. You can take some precautions to reduce the chance of unpredictable thing happen to you. Keep you PC running clean and updated, get a Nobreak. You can reduce the chance of being AFK to the point where if it happen once or twice a year is not a big thing. 

When you go AFK you might be f**ing the game of other 23 players. And some of us have limited time to play the game, maybe only one or two games a day. When that limited time you have if f**ed because there was a AFK on your team isnt nice. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[12-AF]
Members
19 posts
13,133 battles

while there are good reasons to have people turn pink, ones where a dd sails directly front of another dd as he is shooting taking only 1200 damage should not be one of them it should not be based on a percentage of damage but on a total of damage i mean i didnt deserve this, as the guy i shot, i didnt even know he was there.

so i would suggest changing the system from a percentage to a total, or add some sort of warning to let you know when an ally is in the line of fire, the line of fire is already in place for islands.

i know this seems like a broken record  but at this point you would think they would have fixed it!

shot-18.06.24_22.16.16-0927.jpg