You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nhf

Stuck on island?

22 comments in this topic

Members
243 posts

I got stuck in a DD on a island for 2+ minutes until spotted and killed.  Could not move forward or back, regardless of rudder.  Anyone else have this happen?  Fix your game WOW.

Edited by nhf
  • Funny 1

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

Called a Notzer to some.  I parallel parked my Missouri perfect last 2 minutes of a game. Could not move. But killed their last 2 ships to win game. I was lucky their BB was a very bad shot.  The cruiser came around the corner to a shot from my rear guns and he died. It is amazing how these ships fit perfect into some of these spots. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,269 posts
17,307 battles
17 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

I parallel parked my Missouri perfect last 2 minutes of a game. Could not move.

Did that against the docks in the area the Nassau comes from in Killer Whale with my Ryujo...

...took five minutes to get free...

There’s been other ships in other places, but ‘parallel parking’ while trying to make a turn is usually the reason it happens... :Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF5]
Members
277 posts
5,232 battles

Yup, did the same thing in a cruiser, in the repair zone of the operation Ultimate Frontier.  You need another ship to bump and push you off or you'll never get out.  Luckily, there is no damage to either ship in operations and I got out when another ship pushed me.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles

I've done that in a DD; and I want to tell you, it's a VERY stupid feeling!

• Funny 1

[5D5]
Members
2,286 posts
14,372 battles
24 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

Yup, did the same thing in a cruiser, in the repair zone of the operation Ultimate Frontier.  You need another ship to bump and push you off or you'll never get out.  Luckily, there is no damage to either ship in operations and I got out when another ship pushed me.

Basically this otherwise you can be stuck for an undetermined amount of time moving forward and reverse and steering to your left or right to dislodge yourself.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles

Send a report to WG, I heard they where trying to remove the parallel parking spots like that. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
244 posts
4,379 battles

As said above, try to send a report to WG.  I've found that for the most part, when apparently stuck and can't get free by doing the forward/backward rock, that leaving the vechicle in either full forward or full backward seems to break me free.  Only when I've powerslided into a true parallel parking spot and I'm fully stuck.

Members
1,308 posts
21,107 battles
19 hours ago, Buzzardsluck said:

I parallel parked my Missouri perfect last 2 minutes of a game.

LOL.  I've drifted myself into that situation a few times.  Staggeringly frustrating.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,849 posts
13,067 battles

It's not as bad as it used to be.  WG has fixed a lot of the sticky sands.

Members
3,470 posts
6,176 battles

The tip that flash up on the screen before a game warns players that ships displace water and the hull continues down into the water and to watch where you drive or you might get stuck.  Nothing to fix - works as ships really do work that way in real life - see the news reports on the Costa Concordia.  The game can warn you of a collisions - I suggest you make sure it is turned on.

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles

Yeah, its frustrating.  You can try to avoid the islands, but the ramped up speed of the ships due to time compression makes them act a bit like a drifting car when going around corners at higher speeds.  That sideways drift can push you into some of those tight spots that are hard to get out of.  Usually there is a way out, but unfortunately it takes time, which ruins the game experience.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,788 battles
On 5/12/2018 at 3:37 PM, nhf said:

I got stuck in a DD on a island for 2+ minutes until spotted and killed.  Could not move forward or back, regardless of rudder.  Anyone else have this happen?  Fix your game WOW.

Send in a bug report, hopefully you have a screenshot... or let them know exactly which island on which map.

Also, I'd didn't realize World of Warcraft had DDs. ;)

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

90% you, 10% WG. Gotta watch where you are going. "Situational Awareness" is a skill that apparently no one has.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,840 battles
On 5/12/2018 at 4:37 PM, nhf said:

I have had this happen a few times. There is no need to fix it because it is our own fault for driving a ship and get it perfectly wedged in where we can't get it off the island. There are consequences for poor situational awareness. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,840 battles
On 5/12/2018 at 4:37 PM, nhf said:

Also what DD were you in, I killed a beached DD that couldn't get free. If it was you, thank you for the damage and free kill lol.

Members
18,252 posts
5,220 battles
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM, 1SneakyDevil said:

Basically this otherwise you can be stuck for an undetermined amount of time moving forward and reverse and steering to your left or right to dislodge yourself.

Yup, I've asked for (and given) a push from time to time.

Members
3,470 posts
6,176 battles
1 hour ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Yup, I saw him do this on his stream.

It seems he does it almost every game he puts up... :)

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

What a feeling when the entire red team notices you've done it.

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
1,661 posts
5,587 battles
7 hours ago, Murcc said:

Yeah, its frustrating.  You can try to avoid the islands, but the ramped up speed of the ships due to time compression makes them act a bit like a drifting car when going around corners at higher speeds.  That sideways drift can push you into some of those tight spots that are hard to get out of.  Usually there is a way out, but unfortunately it takes time, which ruins the game experience.

Did that in a Montana of all things a few months ago. Could not get unstuck for the remainder of the game. It's annoying but  it's just an artifact of how the game words. You just have to live with it and try to avoid doing it. I've always been able to get my cruisers and DDs unstuck by rocking. So far it's been a bigger problem for long-hulled BBs  with me because they don't have the acceleration or rudder shift to get themselves unstuck while rocking the ship back and forth.