Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Ranked?

11 comments in this topic

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles

Never played ranked just random, co-op, and missions. Thought about it however but there are sooo many negative threads about it.  What IS the problem and can it really be as bad as I sometimes hear?  People do often complain just to complain.  Just curious.  Tks

• Bad 1

[-WPG-]
Members
799 posts
3,310 battles

Some people just like to complain. As long as you're not an idiot and can play the objectives, you'll be fine. To me it's like all battles should be, (usually) good communication and everyone working together.  The rewards, mostly a bunch of flags, are well worth it IMO. I don't have any T10 ships, and have mostly been playing to grind through the New Orleans while avoiding T9/10 MM. Almost have the Baltimore with only 6 random battles in the NO. I like it.  I don't see a lot of salt in games, maybe there's more in rank10+.

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,201 battles

Only one way to find out, go play. If you go to have fun, you'll be fine. If you are trying hard and focusing on advancing, it can be infuriating at times. 

Members
2,557 posts
12,392 battles
54 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Never played ranked just random, co-op, and missions. Thought about it however but there are sooo many negative threads about it.  What IS the problem and can it really be as bad as I sometimes hear?  People do often complain just to complain.  Just curious.  Tks

The simple reality is its a pressure cooker, you do well and advance, you do poorly you wont. If you don't advance, its less stressful, if you do it's more so..by doing well, you can get invited to a high tier clan if that's important to you......which in reality has the best opportunity to teach you more about the game.

[LUCK]
Members
1,295 posts
19,488 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Rule #1 - ignore most people and assume they are idiots; that way you are pleasantly surprised when you find someone who knows what they are talking about, is competent or has an informed opinion.

So...give it a try.

It taught me to be more patient and deliberate in battle. What's the worst that can happen? You might lose. Big deal. Have fun with it.

[DAY]
Members
1,177 posts
11,654 battles

people care about losing in rank more than in random because of stars you lose

that naturally equals more ranting

level of horrible game play and stupidity is pretty much the same across the board

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

People are much more high strung. If you do something they disapprove of it's much more likely you'll hear about it, and they will rarely be nice about it. Everyone has a slightly different idea of how the game should be played, so you can't play in such a way that you please everyone all the time, if for some reason that would be your goal.

If you play how you want, which some people certainly either won't see the sense in, or just disagree with tactically/strategically, you're going to be insulted pretty regularly. Perhaps the insults won't be so direct sometimes, but the negativity, the insertion of negative thoughts into your mind, will be present in almost every match.

There's a culture of negative thinking developing in the community, and the source is more or less unrealistic expectations. People expect too much from other players. They have an idea - more like a fantasy - of how the game's meant to be played, and if others don't play that way they feel negative emotion toward them and often give voice to it.

• Cool 2

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles
3 hours ago, RichelieuKaiNi said:

People are much more high strung. If you do something they disapprove of it's much more likely you'll hear about it, and they will rarely be nice about it. Everyone has a slightly different idea of how the game should be played, so you can't play in such a way that you please everyone all the time, if for some reason that would be your goal.

If you play how you want, which some people certainly either won't see the sense in, or just disagree with tactically/strategically, you're going to be insulted pretty regularly. Perhaps the insults won't be so direct sometimes, but the negativity, the insertion of negative thoughts into your mind, will be present in almost every match.

There's a culture of negative thinking developing in the community, and the source is more or less unrealistic expectations. People expect too much from other players. They have an idea - more like a fantasy - of how the game's meant to be played, and if others don't play that way they feel negative emotion toward them and often give voice to it.

Excellent Dr Freud. +1

• Cool 1

Members
3,468 posts
6,156 battles

More pressure with less players on each team and many take an extreme angle on the games as if it is the only thing that matters in life.  I played it casually and don't try to get to #1 as I don't have the time and I am not that good.  I play to get the rewards and pretty much no other reason.

Members
15 posts
4,712 battles

I'm fairly new to the game and I have no ego invested in it. Also, it is not a religion to me as it seems to be for some. I just want to have fun shooting ships with beautiful graphics on my PC, and I play Co-op (so far).

That being said:

If there are no planes to deal with, I just might like it no matter what.

I HATE the planes, they suck the fun out of the game for me when I play ships with little to no AA defense. Planes made battleships obsolete in real life much like guns made swords and bows obsolete.

Pls view this comment only as feedback from a new customer...I mean player, no wait custo....well, both.

This is only my own personal two cents.

Peace!

Edited by SoupDaddy
mis-spelled or incomplete words....ummm....."TYPOS" hehe

Sign in to follow this