You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Can I Heavily Mod the Game?

6 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles

Just curious after some of the recent teams if I would be allowed  Mod the game code so heavily that at first sign of a questionable team I can hit a special key sequence that changes what what my team sees...

If they are wanting to not leave spawn then I simply transform the appearance of enemy ships into large piles of floating piles of  credits, XP, and Free XP.... My teams would be free to ram of obliterate those “ Floating piles of credits” either way would work for me lol.

And just in case the above is still not enough to get clueless teams moving I will need to create an illusion of Armageddon closing in from outside the white lines to scare my team off the back white lines and into action. If they find that too intriguing and get curious instead of frightened, I will just quickly switch the illusion to other side of map to get them heading that direction instead lol.

Although still will have to hope my teams still know how their weapons function, know not to Torpedo green ships, know how to use steering, ect.  But hey at least they might do something by actually get off white lines or the spawn.

Just would need the above options for the Summer, once school is back in session things will be better again.

While I am at it might as well debug main server code before the new personal feature of mine could get added without destabilizing my gamd further or anyone else’s games. Of course before even seriously considering this idea much less doing anything towards it I would need moderator / Dev approval... Or maybe Dev Team could just secretly add this above features for  me next update or better yet an emergency hotfix patch?

On more serious note how is everyone dealing with the Summer Teams?

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,558 posts

As someone who is constantly looking for more and more ways to expand my modding... there's an EULA to keep in mind, and messing with the code of the game itself isn't really a safe idea legally. You could make texture and model mods for the ships, make them look like they're made of gold for example, but anything really crazy could get you banned

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
4 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

As someone who is constantly looking for more and more ways to expand my modding... there's an EULA to keep in mind, and messing with the code of the game itself isn't really a safe idea legally. You could make texture and model mods for the ships, make them look like they're made of gold for example, but anything really crazy could get you banned

This, and they would only be visible to yourself.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,538 posts
7,540 battles
18 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Just curious after some of the recent teams if I would be allowed  Mod the game code so heavily that at first sign of a questionable team I can hit a special key sequence that changes what what my team sees...

If they are wanting to not leave spawn then I simply transform the appearance of enemy ships into large piles of floating piles of  credits, XP, and Free XP.... My teams would be free to ram of obliterate those “ Floating piles of credits” either way would work for me lol.

RAM MODE ....  Hmmm I think I just found our new Clan Battle Tactic!! :cap_viking:

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
24 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Hence the reason I am joking, and said I would need Dev / Moderators approval. And not like any combat changes would be made lol. It would simply show some of the kids in battles at moment what enemy ships are... piles of credits and XP if they take them out. Of course the ships would still have to retain their shape and everything, so actually it would be more like a hallowennor Space camo transformation.

I would never dare even suggest the idea of a mod that diminished or increased any ship performance. But might enhance the players performance by getting them heading in the right direction lol.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Summer teams, weekend teams, potatoes, winter teams, autumn teams, noobs, spring teams, evening teams, morning teams...

Getting confused with all these different names for the same playerbase.