Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Starbuck

Bonus Assignments Cost Money

7 comments in this topic

[2347]
Members
180 posts
5,057 battles

It's nice to get the Personal Assignments packaged with certain premium ships until you realize that they actually add to the final cost of your purchase. It's a good business model, granted, and I don't blame Wargaming for it's recent implementation, but I think that once they get paid for a premium package they shouldn't try to milk the cow quite so hard. What I mean is that the XP Boost Missions generate 200% Experience per battle, which sounds good, except that the player can't actually do anything with that experience except spend doubloons to convert it into Free Experience. There are no upgrades to purchase nor tech tree ships to research, so the XP just accumulates until it's converted. And I'm not saying that isn't useful, only that it's an additional cost for something that has already been purchased with real money.

My suggestion to Wargaming is that they can add much greater value to their products by changing the Boost from Ship Experience to Commander Experience. The Premium Packages almost always come with 6 or 10 point captains and it's often desirable to advance them as quickly as possible, especially for those nations which cannot use the premium ships as trainers - such as the Italians, for example, as there is no Italian line at the moment. A 200% Commander Boost would be much more useful in this instance, obviously, and while my opinion may not be shared by the majority of players, I hope Wargaming will at least take my point into consideration as they develop future products.

Thank you!

• Cool 3

[NG-NL]
Members
5,032 posts
8,271 battles

Unnecessary if you carefully hoard Restless Fire camos, Confederate flags, Red Dragon flags, and Hydra flags.

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,323 battles
3 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Unnecessary if you carefully hoard Restless Fire camos, Confederate flags, Red Dragon flags, and Hydra flags.

It's no more necessary than the large amounts of experience that can't be used. I, personally, would rather not waste those flags or camoflauge schemes on a premium that has a bonus for it existing camoflauge.

I like the idea OP but I'm not sure they would go for it but perhaps a compromise of +100% experience and +100% commander experience. That way they don't feel like they're feeding us 19 point captains for free.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

Ship experience (i.e. the silver experience you earn in battle) feeds directly into commander xp; the reverse is not true.  It also is the basis of the calculation of free xp earned in battle.  So you can certainly use the commander boost missions to train up a captain, if that is what you need, while leaving the ship xp parked on the hull.

Essentially, it is always better to have ship xp bonuses than commander xp bonuses, given bonuses of equal magnitude.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,063 posts
8,155 battles
1 hour ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Ship experience (i.e. the silver experience you earn in battle) feeds directly into commander xp; the reverse is not true.  It also is the basis of the calculation of free xp earned in battle.  So you can certainly use the commander boost missions to train up a captain, if that is what you need, while leaving the ship xp parked on the hull.

Essentially, it is always better to have ship xp bonuses than commander xp bonuses, given bonuses of equal magnitude.

This ^^.  It also goes towards earning daily containers - useful if you can only play a short session and want to get all three daily containers.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles

Like two people before me: ship experience is by far more preferable than Commander Experience. Any experience bonuses gained by the ship, is also given to the commander, this ensures a commander from ever earning less experience than the ship.

Free experience is also calculated from the total experience earned by the ship. So by having the experience given to the ship rather than the commander, not only does the commander get more experience, but you also get more free experience on top of that.

Which is better:

500 Ship experience, 1000 Commander Experience, 25 Free Experience <---- +100% Commander Experience
OR
1000 Ship Experience, 1000 Commander Experience, 50 Free Experience. <---- +100% Ship Experience

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,686 posts
3,832 battles

200% xp boost or 200% commander xp boost is exactly the same thing in the purpose of training captains

The 200% xp boost gives additional perks of accumulating ship xp for optional choice of converting and farming free xp of which I did for the Duke of York and the Gascogne by playing the operations.

Sign in to follow this