Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aardvar

Dismissed Commander XP Suggestion

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

21
[D-DAY]
[D-DAY]
Members
61 posts
22,876 battles

Suggest that the Commander XP accumulated on a commander that is dismissed be assigned to the Elite Commander XP pool.  Unlike a ship that retains its ship XP after the sale of the ship and which XP returns with the ship's repurchase, the Commander XP on a dismissed commander is just lost forever.  The player earned it so why not provide credit for it?  A 10 point commander is worth 189,000 XP and it requires 1,708,000 to get a 19 point commander so it would take dismissal of 9 10-pointers to build a new 19-pointer from zero.

Edited by Aardvar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,307
[PVE]
Members
5,636 posts
18,228 battles

This has been suggested many times before. Wargaming finally addressed it not too long ago and they have no plans to implement a way to do this. I always thought they could do something like this and charge doubloons to convert a dismissed captain's xp into elite xp. That way Wargaming could make money and the player has the option to get something from dismissing a captain. Everyone is happy. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
475
[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,116 battles

Wish they'd do SOMETHING.  The grind for captain XP is the one thing that I really do not like about this game.  Only up to 12 on one captain (which is in the Gasoline).  And with a 10 point captain you're little more than 10% of the way toward a 19 pointer.  Halfway to 19 is somewhere between 15 and 16.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Why dismiss them? If  you have extra port slots, put them in very low tier ships. If they have substantial XP to the point of you wanting to convert it, don't - just retrain them for another ship. If it is all about the commander xp grind, start making it easier on yourself with flags, camos and yes, premium time. 

We sorta/gotta give them their due - after all it does cost coins to make a game like this. Your only other option - if you want to continue playing - is just keep on keeping on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Grinding Captain Exp has stopped for me. I have 8- 19 pointers all on my fav ships with bounces to  a Few Premium for extra Exp weekends.

I just play my normal routine , About every two weeks I upgrade a lower capt. to 15-16-17. I only have 68 Ships in my port some I really never use but all of them have a min of 10 point captains.

No more effort needed to grind Captain Exp.

If you do not have a 19 Pointer yet, It will be a long row to Annapolis.

Use the Signal and Camo Boosts on your favorite Captain's Ship Every battle Only. { Till he is your top 19 pointer} 

Bounce your Captain Between the Tech Tree Ship he is assigned to and his national Premium Ship for all the EXP Daily boosts. Ship Exp is directly connected to Captains Exp.

Doing these small extra side steps  will get you to your goal of 19 points faster.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,808 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Grinding Captain Exp has stopped for me. I have 8- 19 pointers all on my fav ships with bounces to  a Few Premium for extra Exp weekends.

I just play my normal routine , About every two weeks I upgrade a lower capt. to 15-16-17. I only have 68 Ships in my port some I really never use but all of them have a min of 10 point captains.

No more effort needed to grind Captain Exp.

If you do not have a 19 Pointer yet, It will be a long row to Annapolis.

Use the Signal and Camo Boosts on your favorite Captain's Ship Every battle Only. { Till he is your top 19 pointer} 

Bounce your Captain Between the Tech Tree Ship he is assigned to and his national Premium Ship for all the EXP Daily boosts. Ship Exp is directly connected to Captains Exp.

Doing these small extra side steps  will get you to your goal of 19 points faster.

I realized one day I had over 100 of a special captain XP camo and no 19pt captains.

I also had a crazy amount of flags.

So I grabbed my favorite ship and got serious pulling in 20k-25k+ captain XP for each game.

When I was done I had 3 19pt captains and several others up to 12 & 14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,011 posts
9,069 battles

I don't think WG will let ever you dismiss a captain and have his CC XP moved to the EXP pool. As a compromise, I would like to propose having a "Naval Academy" option along with dismissal. The idea is the commander goes to teach at the academy. The way this will be implemented in game is he still will take up a reserve slot, but his XP is moved to the EXP pool and he can't be assigned to a ship. If you dismiss him after moving him to the academy, your EXP pool gets deducted by the amount he put in there. If you have less EXP in your pool than he supplied you will get a negative balance. You can also return him to the fleet where he would return to his previous status (skills, xp, ship); however, your EXP pool will still be deducted by the amount he supplied to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,307
[PVE]
Members
5,636 posts
18,228 battles
1 hour ago, SavageTactical said:

I don't think WG will let ever you dismiss a captain and have his CC XP moved to the EXP pool. As a compromise, I would like to propose having a "Naval Academy" option along with dismissal. The idea is the commander goes to teach at the academy. The way this will be implemented in game is he still will take up a reserve slot, but his XP is moved to the EXP pool and he can't be assigned to a ship. If you dismiss him after moving him to the academy, your EXP pool gets deducted by the amount he put in there. If you have less EXP in your pool than he supplied you will get a negative balance. You can also return him to the fleet where he would return to his previous status (skills, xp, ship); however, your EXP pool will still be deducted by the amount he supplied to it.

That is a great idea, just seems a bit complicated. Allowing conversion of captain xp from dismissed captains for doubloons at least "fits" into how Wargaming does things now with conversion of Free XP to Elite XP and from Ship's XP to Free XP, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,011 posts
9,069 battles
12 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

That is a great idea, just seems a bit complicated. Allowing conversion of captain xp from dismissed captains for doubloons at least "fits" into how Wargaming does things now with conversion of Free XP to Elite XP and from Ship's XP to Free XP, etc. 

Its not complicated at all. It simulates an instructor leaving the fleet to teach at the academy or a tech school; where he passes on everything he learned to his students. The more "Experience" he has the more he can pass on.

I would love it if they did what you suggested, but I serious doubt WG would give you the EXP for a dismissed captain without it costing you anything. That would go against how WG does things. If they did you would get half or it would cost you gold (probably at a rate of 1 gold/25 EXP, no thanks). My suggestion introduces a cost/benefit factor where you don't get something for nothing and would be more amiable to the developers. Considering how many commander reserve slots they hand out in crates most players would be more willing to accept this method than exchange gold for the dismissed commander's XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,267
Members
3,725 posts
15,042 battles

 You can buy commanders, so no. Grinding XP is far too easy in this game anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×