Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Which to buy First?

27 comments in this topic

Members
229 posts
4,600 battles

I want to get both the Roma and the Scharnhorst but I don't know which to buy first? I have a 15 pt captain on my Gnes and I can easily swap him back and forth since the Scharn is a premium. I don't have any Italian ships so I was thinking going with the Roma Ultimate which gives me a 10 point captain then I have plenty of xp to get him up to at least 12 points. Should I go with a survivability build with the Roma? Use things like BOS and SI? TIA

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
300 posts
9,819 battles

Love my Shiney Horse. I also vote for that one!

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,404 battles

Scharn is way better than Roma in many ways. GO for Scharn

[HYDRO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,751 battles
36 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I want to get both the Roma and the Scharnhorst but I don't know which to buy first? I have a 15 pt captain on my Gnes and I can easily swap him back and forth since the Scharn is a premium. I don't have any Italian ships so I was thinking going with the Roma Ultimate which gives me a 10 point captain then I have plenty of xp to get him up to at least 12 points. Should I go with a survivability build with the Roma? Use things like BOS and SI? TIA

First of all, no offence, but every two weeks you ask for a new premium, you make me feel so poor:Smile-_tongue:

In all seriousness, I think it's universaly accepted that Scharn is one of the best premium ships to get outside T8 and the FXP ones. Im considering getting one myself with the steam pack doubloons...

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,954 battles

Lol so many people getting the Scharnhorst, starting to get the feeling I may end up being only one without one soon. :Smile_amazed: 9,500 Doubloons is 7,350Doubloons above my Doubloon supply.

Oh well at least I still have Scharnhorst’s Nemesis, the Duke of York lol.

Wonder if I face a battle of made up entirely of Scharnhorst’s, if my DOY would feel excited over getting to hunt so many Scharnhorst or panicked that Scharnhorst ghosts have come back to take revenge lol!?

• Funny 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,551 posts

I don't have either, but I find Scharnhorst to perform better against my baguettebotes than Roma does

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I want to get both the Roma and the Scharnhorst but I don't know which to buy first?

Roma is limited time, Scharn will be on the tree for months, get Roma first, return to Scharn later.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,887 battles

Depends. Scharnhorst is much more forgiving then the Roma. Plus we have a KM BB line (she also plays well with a CA captain). The Roma is more a conventional BB. Yes, she is limited, but you can get her at least at the end of the year again.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,094 battles

Get Scharnhorst now and get Roma in Santa Crates (maybe) this Christmas. And if you buy Roma don't get the Ultimate bundle because Roma looks silly with a beer can on top her mast, IMHO.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Even without the limited time offer, Id still go Roma. Shes just a blast to play. If she had shorter fuse times (less overpens), then she would make the top 5 bb list. Scharn is fun, but its like a Gnies with more but less useful guns. 

But since Roma is only a limited time offer, its a no brainer

Members
1,018 posts
13,038 battles

I had about that many points on my G-Girl commander before I got the Shiny Horse. It soon became my first 19pt commander.

After that any game you play in these two great ships just goes into pumping up other fleet commanders. :cap_viking:

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,831 posts
11,180 battles

Buy both, why not, your going to anyway, may as well just get them both now

[FML]
Members
1,750 posts
10,116 battles
7 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I dont have a Roma, but I am adding my voice to the Scharnhorst.  It takes a few battles to get a feel for it, but it is quickly a fun ship to play, and it earns credits (and trains captains) quite well. 

Enjoy!

[4HIM]
Members
1,798 posts
4,058 battles

I'm kind of a hoarder so I have more premiums than time to play them.  I have the Shiny Horse, but nothing at all interests me about the Roma.  IMO, the Gucci Caesar is quite fun to play.  It's about the only Italian ship I play (I have the Duca Toaster as well).  But the Gucci Caesar is everything the Roma isn't.  Gucci Caesar is faster than other BBs at its tier, has accurate guns, and is pretty agile.  Take the Gucci Caesar, lose a little gun accuracy, add some armor and torps and you have the Shiny Horse.  I'd go Shiny Horse every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  The Shiny can train captains for German BB's or cruisers.  Roma is limited in this respect.  Only ship you could train a captain for would be the Gucci Caesar.  That same captain wouldn't work well in either the Duca Toaster or the Duca the Bruised.  

[TBOW]
Members
1,251 posts
10,669 battles

I have both, both are a blast to play.  Roma (I got the Roma Ultimate when it first came out) you will find hits hard.  It is more like a brawler than a long range sniper.  But angling is very important, or you don't last long.  Scharnhorst as has been said is more forgiving and you do have a 15 pt captain you can bounce back and forth.  Scharnhorst you will have more chances at getting than Roma, at least till WG decides to do a full Italian BB line.

[KRK]
Beta Testers
37 posts
6,971 battles

like others have said, sharn is the better of the 2 bb's to play with. the only counter i would add, is if you do get the roma with it's beer can camo, it will be a great money maker behind only the free xp ships and the kii with koby camo(which it's pretty much equal to). personally i own both and if i had to choose between the 2 i would take the sharn every time. it's less frustrating to play and is much more forgiving, also has a BB line to help train commanders in. 

[OPG]
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

Scharnhorst is better tier for tier

[PRU]
Members
111 posts
4,272 battles

Roma isn't a bad bote, but Scharnhorst is at a more comfortable tier and is a lot more fun. Fun matters.

Members
13 posts
2,393 battles

I would say get Scharnhorst. That is what I plan on getting on Wednesday, so I can say that I have the Historic big 4 of the German premiums. looking forward to playing it when I get it. Just hope its still there by next week.

[ICE9]
Members
811 posts
12 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

FWIW, I'd go with the Shiny Horse. More fun to me than the Noisy Cow because the 11" AP doesn't overpen cruisers as much as the 15" and seem to be a tad more accurate. Plus you get a 9-barrel salvo v. 6.

I have the Roma too, and while the guns are good, it is truly a glass cannon.

[YETI]
Members
105 posts
4,510 battles

Another vote for the Scharnhorst (especially since you have a 15pt captain already).    

I've thought about getting the Roma but with everything I've read and seen in video reviews, I can't get myself to spend that kind of cash for that ship.

Sign in to follow this