Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

US DD - last 3 points

10 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,020 posts
8,259 battles

I got all the important 3-point skills except DE. Thinking of getting AR for better torp reload time instead of DE since fire chance is so low anyway.

Reply below has my build and playstyle.

Edited by Reymu

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

LS?  Isn't that the Level 2 Last Stand, a must have for DDs?

TAE (Torpedo Armament Expertise) gives you better reload time.

You can checkout the ShipComrade Captain Skill Calculator (I picked the Benson as an example):

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000000011010001000000001119?sid=4286461936

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

I got all the important 3-point skills except DE. Thinking of getting LS for better torp reload time instead of DE since fire chance is so low anyway.

Can't believe you are at 16 spent points already & don't have both Last Stand & Torpedo Armament Expertise already...they are both in my 1st 10 points (w/priority Target & Concealment Expert) on any DD that can even remotely have a stealth torping ability.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,020 posts
8,259 battles
9 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

LS?  Isn't that the Level 2 Last Stand, a must have for DDs?

TAE (Torpedo Armament Expertise) gives you better reload time.

You can checkout the ShipComrade Captain Skill Calculator (I picked the Benson as an example):

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000000011010001000000001119?sid=4286461936

9 hours ago, Flashtirade said:

What's your current build and playstyle?

8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Can't believe you are at 16 spent points already & don't have both Last Stand & Torpedo Armament Expertise already...they are both in my 1st 10 points (w/priority Target & Concealment Expert) on any DD that can even remotely have a stealth torping ability.

[bangs head on desk] Gonna fix OP, didn't notice the errors since typed it up between matches w/ clanmates last night.

Ok. Current build: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000001011010000000000119

If have support, contest caps fiercely. One of the few smarter DD captains that knows value of charging a just-smoked DD so teammates can open a can of whoop-[edited]on him. Rest of the time I spot and stealth torp, though certainly happy to BANZAI right at an inattentive cruiser or BB for easy torps.

For most part I rarely get a situation where having an extra smoke would matter, so JoaT doesn't seem that important . LS appeals since I always take damage.

[LHG]
Members
1,193 posts
4,972 battles
9 minutes ago, Reymu said:

[bangs head on desk] Gonna fix OP, didn't notice the errors since typed it up between matches w/ clanmates last night.

Ok. Current build: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000001011010000000000119

If have support, contest caps fiercely. One of the few smarter DD captains that knows value of charging a just-smoked DD so teammates can open a can of whoop-[edited]on him. Rest of the time I spot and stealth torp, though certainly happy to BANZAI right at an inattentive cruiser or BB for easy torps.

For most part I rarely get a situation where having an extra smoke would matter, so JoaT doesn't seem that important . LS appeals since I always take damage.

I do believe you mean SI and AR, respectively, in that last sentence.

If you're mainly gunfighting DDs and using torps on the bigger ships, I'd suggest AR and PM. 

• Cool 1

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,609 battles

Personally I take Vigilance. 

There are a lot of fast and stealthy torpedoes in T10 games and gearing turning circle becomes quite a bit larger than previous USN DDs. If torps pop up right when you are making a turn, you are very likely to take a torp w/o vigilance.

In addition, Gearing is a ship that can charge and hunt down other DDs in the right circumstance. You can do so more confidently with vigilance so you dodge those panic torps with ease.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,540 posts
25,060 battles

This is my go to USN DD build:  http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000011010010000000001119

However, I know that many DD players don’t think Radio Location is worth 4 points. Or worth anything at all. 

In your case, Demo Expert for sure!  Your shells have a 5% fire chance. DE boosts that to 7%. That is a 40% increase in the fire chance per Shell. You WILL notice a difference!

[CAST]
Members
1,428 posts
5,968 battles

Throw in one more vote for Adrenalin Rush + Preventative Maintenance. 

If you really do want to work Demo Expert into the mix, you can consider re-spec'ing into it instead of BFT.  With a base reload time of 4 seconds on your (Mahan) guns, even lower in subsequent ships, BFT is reducing that by less than half a second per salvo, and in most games with your play style AR will end up making up for that "loss" anyway.  Dropping BFT will leave you more vulnerable to aircraft as you move further up the tiers, but this will be offset somewhat by equipping Defensive AA once you get past the ships that require you to lose a turret for it.

Alternately, you could consider dropping both BFT and PM and picking up Radio Position Finding instead.  Someone with your overall experience can probably do without it in Random battles, but if you're going to be using these ships for Ranked/Clan Battles then RPF is a very good skill to have.

Sign in to follow this