You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LordJaguar

Got Soviet Commander Victor..now what?

5 comments in this topic

[M-T-B]
Members
24 posts
4,918 battles

I finally got the soviet Commander, killing those 3 German ships was a bit of a [edited]. Now hat to do with him, is he good in  destoryers, cruiser, or put him in one of my soviet BBs?

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
40 minutes ago, LordJaguar said:

I finally got the soviet Commander, killing those 3 German ships was a bit of a [edited]. Now hat to do with him, is he good in  destoryers, cruiser, or put him in one of my soviet BBs?

Use him in ships that his upgraded captains skills will benefit.

Members
1,834 posts
17,607 battles
1 hour ago, LordJaguar said:

I' have it lucky...I just purchased the Moskva & have no $ for camo & so won't be running the cruiser line for awhile yet & I'm still at the Minsk DD wise (& have been for over a year & a 1/2 as I've always been more comfortable in stealth torp DDs...but after getting the Aigle & being able to remember what it was like in lower tiers to just continually shoot while ducking & dodging I've finally decided to give the Minsk (the actual longest grind in the game for getting elite status...not just 1 but 2 100k+ XP grinds at T7...uhg) a go & have been having a lot of fun w/it so he will go in 1 of the T8 DDs (not sure which 1 yet...only at about 40k XP so far after all module upgrades so have a while to contemplate it) & his bro will go in the other.

[STURM]
Members
298 posts
2,877 battles
1 hour ago, LordJaguar said:

I would say the destroyers first, by a long margin. The expert marksman buff helps with the bad turret speed, while PM will help keep your rudder and engine up under fire, and it's a cheap skill.

High alert has the least value to a DD but you might as well take it if you have some free points.

I would also say battleships would be good too with the high alert and expert marksman buff, and if you have a Imperator, go for it.

But the only Soviet battleship most people have is the October Revolution.

And that is the ship that gets the least out of high alert in the game.

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,652 battles

I'd put him on Moskva, maybe double up on Stalingrad and Kronshtadt. Improved PM/EM help a lot. Improved HA is kind of pointless because HA is expensive for 2 points and doesn't help much. It might work on a battleship, but most people don't have and will never get Nikolai. Gangut has the gimmick DCP with almost instantaneous cooldown in exchange for a limited number of charges, so HA is pointless there.