Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MG1962

Steam purchases...confused

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

104
[BLHK]
Members
340 posts
3,437 battles

Does anyone know if I buy one of the World of Warships bundles on Steam, can I play the ship on my regular WG account.

If you can how does my WG account know I purchased the bundle through steam.

I have tried Googling and all I seem to get are yes, no, maybe answers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
Members
9,968 posts
1 minute ago, MG1962 said:

Does anyone know if I buy one of the World of Warships bundles on Steam, can I play the ship on my regular WG account.

If you can how does my WG account know I purchased the bundle through steam.

I have tried Googling and all I seem to get are yes, no, maybe answers 

If you buy it on Steam, it's going to be linked to that account. So no,

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[BLHK]
Members
340 posts
3,437 battles

Thanks I am glad I checked first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles

I don't have a Steam account so when I purchased it through the store it just credited my Wargames account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[BLHK]
Members
340 posts
3,437 battles
26 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

I don't have a Steam account so when I purchased it through the store it just credited my Wargames account.

Was that through the steam store?

And how did the system know to credit you to your WG account? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

You can buy the Steam bundles, which don't appear until you're logged in, via the Premium shop and have nothing to do with Steam other than being offered there too. If you buy them on Steam, of course, those will be only usable on whatever account you created there.

I bought all of them (in the Premium shop with this account) because I already owned all the ships and they were good values on the dubloon conversion.

Edited by w4spl3g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[BLHK]
Members
340 posts
3,437 battles
9 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

You can buy the Steam bundles, which don't appear until you're logged in, via the Premium shop and have nothing to do with Steam other than being offered there too. If you buy them on Steam, of course, those will be only usable on whatever account you created there.

I bought all of them (in the Premium shop with this account) because I already owned all the ships and they were good values on the dubloon conversion.

Okay so that must be were I am getting confused. I dont see any steam bundles in the premium shop (even after logging in) possibly the promotion has ended. But over on Steam you can pick up the Texas for $10 which is a pretty sweet deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[BLUE_]
Members
18 posts
8,592 battles

Bought the 'steam bundle' through website last week for doubloons then just bought the wows steam dlc texas to test whether this would work yet again since i already owned Texas.  Got 5,000 doubloons for texas and 1000 for camo already owned plus captain and port slot.

You can double dip on deal if you play through steam.

Just dont make the mistake if you only play through WG client of trying to buy on steam since it discloses purchases only usable in steam client.

So now you can get Tier X perm camos for $10 per pkg when you net 5,000 doubloons.  I haven't done the other two but they should be about 5,200 doubloons each too.

Got so many doubloons i am trying to calculate if i need more to buy perm camos for all the lines i want to finish.

Absolutely great deal if you play through steam, you got the deal once through their website then again through steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178
[WPP]
Members
516 posts
5,441 battles
57 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Okay so that must be were I am getting confused. I dont see any steam bundles in the premium shop (even after logging in) possibly the promotion has ended. But over on Steam you can pick up the Texas for $10 which is a pretty sweet deal.

I just looked and they seem to be gone now.  Late last night I saw them, but now... nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×