You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Why does the shop try to sell me ships I own?

14 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,619 posts

For example, I have the regular Graf Spee but the premium shop is attempting to entice me into also buying the HSF version. What would happen if I bought it? Would I end up with the extras but with doubloons in lieu of a second Graf Spee? 

:cap_yes:

Members
182 posts
728 battles
5 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

For example, I have the regular Graf Spee but the premium shop is attempting to entice me into also buying the HSF version. What would happen if I bought it? Would I end up with the extras but with doubloons in lieu of a second Graf Spee? 

:cap_yes:

2 different ships.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

The Premium Shop doesn't seem to take into account what ships you own and as the other two said they are two different ships.

[BROOK]
Members
1,619 posts

Okay, that was not a great example.

Here's a better one.

I bought the flag bundle Abruzzi this week.

Now the shop is telling me it has an Aruzzi with the consumables for me too.

(At least I see this basically duplicate offer on my phone but not my desktop. )

Members
4,592 posts
6,543 battles

Don't be a sucker.  Regular Graf Spee is great. 

Members
4,592 posts
6,543 battles
2 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Okay, that was not a great example.

Here's a better one.

I bought the flag bundle Abruzzi this week.

Now the shop is telling me it has an Aruzzi with the consumables for me too.

(At least I see this basically duplicate offer on my phone but not my desktop. )

Well be cool and don't be an easy mark. THEY WANT YOU TO DO DUNG LIKE THIS!  $$$$$$$$

Edited by dmckay

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles

If you buy a ship you already have you get the doubloon value of the ship and also all the goodies that are in the bundle. And if it's your birthday you get a cookie.

[BROOK]
Members
1,619 posts

My question still stands, If I bought the other Abruzzi bundle with consumables, would WGsubstitute doubloons for the ship?

[LOU1]
Members
3,087 posts
8,164 battles

Yep.  Just like with the great deals from the Steam packages if you already owned the ship: $10 for 5200 doubloons + port slot and Commander...

Members
2,515 posts
5,500 battles

WOW does not let you own duplicate ships. I had asked that of they could, you could finish one battle and then go to the next battle with the 2nd duplicate ship. Play one ship uninterrupted so to speak. But as everyone has said - you would get credits if you already own the same ship.

[BROOK]
Members
1,619 posts

Looks like a cookie discrepancy issue. I normally buy using my desktop and lie in bed dreaming about which ships to get using my phone.  So

• Cool 1

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,087 battles
34 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Looks like a cookie discrepancy issue. I normally buy using my desktop and lie in bed dreaming about which ships to get using my phone.  So

The shop will always have the bundles and ships available to purchase even if you have them. It shows everyone the exact same thing with one exception: items that say 1 per account. If you buy a ship that you have in port (as in the name is the exact same as in your port) then you will get the doubloon value of the ship + whatever else was included in the bundle.