You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Kaiser_Sose_

May/June Missions Preview

26 comments in this topic

[SPF]
Members
96 posts
9,457 battles

From WOWS twitter: (sorry if this already has been posted)

June 1 - July 16: Indianapolis Marathon. 

May 18 - 28: John Doe Returns

Dc8WJn3V0AAF82Q.jpg

Edited by _Kaiser_Sose_

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

I wonder if that's what the duplicate George Doe is for; if you already own John Doe you get to earn a duplicate (so like a Stage 1 Requirement to play 1 match in a ship with "John Doe" as captain, like how they offered special camos for people who buy free ships that require playing 1 match in it so that you have to buy it to start that mission chain. It's a guess, but sounds like something WGing would do.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,595 posts
3,753 battles

Hmm, the Indianapolis Marathon is 2    6 weeks  long. It could certainly be a long enough time period for a relatively long Marathon, though I don't think Indianapolis will be given away that easily... 

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Members
6,414 posts
4,302 battles

"Indianapolis Marathon" sounds fun. I wonder what the requirements will be, and how it will tie in with the cruiser split.

3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Hmm, the Indianapolis Marathon is 2 weeks long. It could certainly be a long enough time period for a pretty intense Marathon, though I don't think Indianapolis will be given away for free or easily...

SIX weeks. Read the dates carefully.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[HYDRO]
Members
1,595 posts
3,753 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

SIX weeks. Read the dates carefully.

Oh damn you are right, too tired to check carefully. Then never mind, she will be given for free :fish_cute_2: .

[TDG]
Members
1,213 posts
6,065 battles

John Doe Returns matches the timeframe for the Franz von Jütland series in the updated May Mission Brief.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,414 posts
4,302 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Oh damn you are right, too tired to check carefully. Then never mind, she will be given for free :fish_cute_2: .

Another Aigle marathon. Varyag marathon was barely a run around the block, but this one is a high tier premium heavy cruiser. We're potentially looking at North Cape levels of intensity here.

[TDG]
Members
1,213 posts
6,065 battles
4 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

link? need more info

The May Missions brief is here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/may-be-its-may-belline/

I don't have a link to the Dev Blog.

EDIT: Thanks, @_Kaiser_Sose_

The photo above is the key feature of that link.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,481 posts
3,430 battles

LOL, moar grinding to do. It seems Mr. Doe is being released at the same time as Herr Jutland.

Would I need a mid tier USN cruiser for this? Or USN BB's good enough for the missions? I wonder...

Members
1,310 posts
21,139 battles

I like the Pensa the way she is, so it would be great if I could get the Indy for free with the Pepsi being whacked with the nerf bat and all.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,649 battles

Is that how bad the Indy is now? That they want to give it away for free?

• Funny 1

Members
142 posts

This more likely mean Azur Lane isn't until after June or that they just have no idea when they're going to do it?

Members
1,310 posts
21,139 battles

So I'd love to see scantily clad chicks floating around the sea for Azur Lane instead of actual ships.  Where's their citadel again?

Edited by slokill_1

[STW-M]
Members
2,113 posts
5,924 battles

So there's the possibility of a free Indianapolis?

*drooling at thought of having a tier 7 premium Pensacola with radar even after the tech tree split*

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,937 battles
12 hours ago, pikohan said:

Is that how bad the Indy is now? That they want to give it away for free?

No, she is a okish boat, Can be good if you are top tier, not so much uptiered. Got some buffs over time. Wouldn't buy if I had to choose only one ship. I take her out less then she deserves because there are so many good other premiums in my port.

10 hours ago, Zionas said:

Guess I'll buy the Indianapolis. If I do alright in Pensacola, would I have any trouble with the Indy?

Nope, she is a kind of Pensacola with Radar. Just punish those cruisers that show their broadside.

[GNAVY]
Members
30 posts
3,868 battles

Noob question, if you already have the indy, will you earn the price of the ship in doubloons as the reward or credits?

[PVE]
Members
9,881 posts
7,492 battles
13 minutes ago, Chin_Chu_Lin said:

Noob question, if you already have the indy, will you earn the price of the ship in doubloons as the reward or credits?

Since it is a premium, most likely doubloons, but I would not be surprised if it was credits. Will have to wait for the official announcement.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,937 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Since it is a premium, most likely doubloons, but I would not be surprised if it was credits. Will have to wait for the official announcement.

If you earn a ship over a ingame mission you only get credits. You only get gold if you have the ship and buy it with cash.

[PVE]
Members
9,881 posts
7,492 battles
Just now, Erebthoron said:

If you earn a ship over a ingame mission you only get credits. You only get gold if you have the ship and buy it with cash.

Ah, so I was right to not be surprised about getting credits. I can always use credits.

[AK]
Members
9 posts
5,392 battles
On 12/05/2018 at 10:27 AM, Erebthoron said:

What if you received the ship in a super container? 

Probably credits I would image.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,922 posts
10,733 battles
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Guess I'll buy the Indianapolis. If I do alright in Pensacola, would I have any trouble with the Indy?

Indi is more of a New Orleans at T7 than a Premium Pensacola. JMHO. Kind of like Belfast and Fiji. Belfast is an Edinburgh class and handles different than Fiji even though similar and both at T7. Plus the radar thing. Indi for example has the 3X3 ABY turrets like NO. Same turn radius for Indi and Pensacola but Indi has almost a 2 sec slower rudder. Etc... For me Indi feels more like NO but with Pepsi's armor (LOL = Pepsi's "armor" :Smile_amazed:).