Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Panhandler62

Amagi love

13 comments in this topic

[BAWK]
Members
133 posts
6,175 battles

I was a little frustrated with my Ranked options. Bismark doesn't seem to be the beat I remember and I'm just not feeling the North Carolina lately.

I had a decent store of free XP and had a T3 IJN BB, so I went on a research spree and got, then loaded up an Amagi. I have the Yamamoto  CO from the quest and bumped him up to 19 points with elite CO experience. All I can say is that this is one badass battlecruiser. She can tank a bit if you use terrain and watch your angles, but she really excels and running and gunning.

I want a Yamoto so I'm going to have to grind the Izumo, but I'm keeping this beast in the stable after the ranked season ends.

image.png.4017519be7fc00fd65f281b0903d4645.png

image.thumb.png.4839629508c0e989a90bdcdcf58275ee.png

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,340 posts
14,835 battles

Amagi is not the new hotness that people talk about, but is an awesome ship.  Don't be in a hurry to grind out of her.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,236 posts
4,803 battles

I love my Amagi and intend to keep her around to power past Izumo. Running a full secondary build and she can hold her own in a brawl and melt DDs quite well.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,235 posts
1,817 battles

I just got my Amagi.  I didn't have the money to fully equip her with modules and just ground out the 2,000,000 for the concealment module.  What other modules are best for her?  Is rudder shift better than the duration reduction on fires and flooding or the other way around?

Members
322 posts
4,599 battles

Amagi is a really fun ship to play.  Damn she can do a lot!  I decided to give her an AA build and now, "IF IT FLIES, IT DIES."

Time for a cold one of these.....

j5V01xY.gif

[WOLF3]
Members
16,048 posts
14,440 battles

The "only" accomplishment Amagi has under her belt is that she has been consistently good ever since WoWS launched in late summer 2015.  There was never a point in this game where Amagi was considered by players as a sub-par ship.  The only thing Amagi doesn't do well is swat planes.  Everything else, she's very good at and is IMO, the most all-around IJN BB in the game.

She strikes the balance of speed, armor, firepower, accuracy the best of all the IJN BBs.

Kongo is fast, fun to sail, but her 356mm guns are kind of long in the tooth this day and age, and her citadel protection is suspect.

Fuso has awesome firepower, was one of my favorite ships in the game.  But her concealment is AWFUL and her citadel protection is also suspect.

Nagato can be good with her mighty 410mm guns, but not many like her.  She's accurate but having only 8 guns leaves very little room for error.  If you're aim isn't on point, then she is unrewarding.

Izumo actually has good gunnery but she eats pens, and her turret arrangement is awkward.

Yamato has those powerful 460mm LOLPEN Guns and properly angled, is tough.  She can LOLPEN anyone at any angle while shrugging off their return AP salvos.  Yet she has that weird citadel shape that must be protected, and has terrible turret traverse.

Izumo & Yamato as Tier IX-X BBs, sail like sh*t because all BBs in those 2 tiers sail like sh*t.

Then you got in the middle of all this, Amagi.  She's fast, has trollish protection (I remember all the Bismarck players complaining they had a tough time citadeling Amagi in a brawl), and consistent, long ranged guns.  These characteristics have always made Amagi relevant.  It took years of numerous buffs by WG to make NC better.  German BBs struggle if they can't brawl, which is a problem in a Tier VIII-X match where the Meta is "Long Range" and that's where Amagi is relevant.

Tier for tier, one of the best, most rounded Battleships in the game, which is impressive because she's a Tech Tree BB.  Only thing bad is her AA.

If my gameplay, ship choices weren't more spread out, Amagi is a solid choice to stick with.

• Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,553 posts
3,539 battles

Amagi was one of the ships I always used in PTS and I currently use now. I have found her to be one of the more nice stock grind ships also (although her original A hull was pretty bad from what I remember). If I had a single issue with her it would be her concealment because even with full concealment build she only gets to 14km. Her armor is trolly and her ability to kite is unmatched in my opinion. She is a fine balance for the tiers she sees unlike the NC and Bismark because the NC while great being bottom tier, never really feels like a bully when top tier while the Bismark is really underwhelming bottom tier is the biggest bully tier for tier when its a top tier ship. The Amagi feels somewhat like a bully while top tier and perfectly capable of handling her own while bottom tier.

She is a solid ship that can fit several types of play style, you want to brawl, sure she can do that, you want to play mid range, no problem, you want to be a chai sniping scrub, she can do that if you know how to aim and predict ship movements. She may not excel in any single area but she does everything pretty well

• Cool 2

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,553 posts
3,539 battles
On 5/11/2018 at 6:53 PM, Panhandler62 said:

image.thumb.png.4839629508c0e989a90bdcdcf58275ee.png

Oh god why do you have Incoming Fire Skill? That skill is fairly useless when you have Priority Target available

[STP]
Members
239 posts
8,453 battles
1 hour ago, Psycodiver said:

She is a solid ship that can fit several types of play style, you want to brawl, sure she can do that, you want to play mid range, no problem, you want to be a chai sniping scrub, she can do that if you know how to aim and predict ship movements. She may not excel in any single area but she does everything pretty well

Exactly, you said everything...
Amagi is the most versatile and balanced battleship of the T8, it was my first ship to have a commander with 19 points and that I maintain in it.
my secondary build: wowsft.com/...

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles

Yeah I still own my Amagi and loved using her and did well. Currently waiting for another worthy captain for her, since her captain was sent up to a Izumo, and then to Yamato. Amagi not only has decently secondary guns, but with some upgrades she can do nice enough job against planes as well. Enemy CV pays nice price in planes attacking you if they are not deterred.

Sign in to follow this