You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

What will happen if I only have stock Baltimore at the time of US cruiser split?

12 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
Members
467 posts

I may finish grinding New Orleans soon but I won't finish researching all upgrades of Baltimore. 

If I don't want to use FXP, what will happen after US cruiser split?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,201 posts
12,724 battles

Wait until the official announcement goes out ... Most likely though you'll gain a slot, the stock Baltimore down at T8 and the Buffalo stock, but we won't know for sure until the official announcement goes out.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,614 posts
9,004 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

Wait until the official announcement goes out ... Most likely though you'll gain a slot, the stock Baltimore down at T8 and the Buffalo stock, but we won't know for sure until the official announcement goes out.

Just having the ships that are moving with the split is more important than how well researched they are.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,103 posts
47 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I may finish grinding New Orleans soon but I won't finish researching all upgrades of Baltimore. 

You will be killed, and forced to play the Pensacola for all eternity.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[WOLF2]
Members
243 posts
4,358 battles
14 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

This made me chuckle.  Although T6 Pensacola isn't "as" bad apparently?

[TDRB]
Members
1,085 posts
4,141 battles

Do I have this correct?

I have a New Orleans, If I purchase the Baltimore the consensus is I will get the Buffalo with a port slot & the mods & upgrades I place on the Baltimore. While this has not been announced by WG, this opinion is based on prior splits.

I already did my penance by grinding through the Pensacola.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Do I have this correct?

I have a New Orleans, If I purchase the Baltimore the consensus is I will get the Buffalo with a port slot & the mods & upgrades I place on the Baltimore. While this has not been announced by WG, this opinion is based on prior splits.

As a few others have stated, and let me preface this by stating this is still speculative based on the last two line splits that have occurred in WoWs (IJN DD split and Russian DD line split) and from what Community Contributors have stated from the Dev Blogs on the USN cruiser split, but you will most likely get the stock replacement ship at tier 9 for the Baltimore, which will be the Buffalo, and a port slot. You also keep the Baltimore, which is moving to down one tier to 8. If you have premium camo on the Baltimore, you will also get premium camo for the Buffalo. As for as the mods and upgrades for the Baltimore, not 100% sure on that one.

[RLGN]
Members
8,245 posts
17,255 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Just having the ships that are moving with the split is more important than how well researched they are.

Meaning I’ll have to buy NO back, (which I’m very ‘meh...’ on,) and Baltimore, (which I loathed,) to benefit the maximum amount.

57 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

17 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I already did my penance by grinding through the Pensacola.

In keeping with the tradition of ‘bad’ ships usually working for me; I actually like Pensacola, and kept it. NO and Balty were sold without a second thought.

[TDRB]
Members
1,085 posts
4,141 battles

As a few others have stated, and let me preface this by stating this is still speculative based on the last two line splits that have occurred in WoWs

Thank you and I understand that this is speculative but based on prior splits.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,614 posts
9,004 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Meaning I’ll have to buy NO back, (which I’m very ‘meh...’ on,) and Baltimore, (which I loathed,) to benefit the maximum amount.

In keeping with the tradition of ‘bad’ ships usually working for me; I actually like Pensacola, and kept it. NO and Balty were sold without a second thought.

Yeah, having to actually have them can be a pain but that is how WG has always done it and you don't have to keep them afterwards.

The Pensacola was never actually a bad ship, just completely different than the preceding ships making for a huge shock in the change in play style that is required to do well with it.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

Modules (by which I mean MBM1 etc etc) will likely be dismounted (for free) and placed in inventory, so you can remount them on the new ship if you choose.