You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Uber_Ghost

Tier 10 Special Module Additions

65 comments in this topic

Members
525 posts
3,702 battles

Looks like the theory crafters have some work to do...

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,041 posts
11,246 battles

The new upgrades for carriers looks promissing.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,694 posts
3,833 battles

Just what the Yamato needs, better accuracy :Smile_playing:

• Cool 2

Members
525 posts
3,702 battles
2 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Yeah...some don’t make much sense to me. The Z-52 loses 5% detection and dispersion but gains 10% in torp reload time? 10% of the shortest reload time at T10 isn’t really that much.  They might want to polish some of these a bit more.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,694 posts
3,833 battles
13 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Yeah...some don’t make much sense to me. The Z-52 loses 5% detection and dispersion but gains 10% in torp reload time? 10% of the shortest reload time at T10 isn’t really that much.  They might want to polish some of these a bit more.

Some of the upgrades are a no brainer such as the case of Yamato. In exchange for 6% worse traverse, you get better accuracy which seems like you can stack with the slot 3 ASM1 if you choose to do so. Seems a bit of an overkill.

For the Hindenburg, I don't see how it won't ever be used, the bonuses it provides far outstrips the other mods in slot 5.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,412 posts
3,589 battles

Gearing one is nice, might make BFT more viable so you can only have a 5% penalty on reload. 

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Worcester (Slot 5)
+20% to duration of Defensive AA Fire

:cap_rambo:

[INTEL]
Members
8,604 posts
25,771 battles
17 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Some of the upgrades are a no brainer such as the case of Yamato. In exchange for 6% worse traverse, you get better accuracy which seems like you can stack with the slot 3 ASM1 if you choose to do so. Seems a bit of an overkill.

For the Hindenburg, I don't see how it won't ever be used, the bonuses it provides far outstrips the other mods in slot 5.

That one is kind of silly. 

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
1 hour ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Actually, the -5% to detection is a slight buff.

At least these modules below would be a significant buff, without any penalties. However, not sure if the existing modules are better.

Worcester (Slot 5)
+10% to duration of Surveillance Radar - Buff...
+20% to duration of Hydroacoustic Search - Buff...
+20% to duration of Defensive AA Fire - This, along with the DFAA module that takes slot 1... gives a huge AA buff.
-5% to detectability radius  ---- better stealth

Zao (Slot 6)
-20% to rudder shift time - Buff
-7% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells - Buff
+8% to main battery maximum firing range  - Buff

Conqueror (Slot 5)
+13% to main battery traverse speed  -- Buff
-80% to steering gears repair time  - Buff, but not a huge one..
-40% to rudder shift time - Huge buff

Z-52 (Slot 5)
-5% to detectability radius - slight buff, but then it takes slot 5, so sort of a nerf-ish...
-10% to torpedo reload time  - but then it gives 10% extra torp reload

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

So let's see ...

- Republique: Decent. Her max firing range is already unnecessarily monstrous.
- Grosser Kurfurst: Solid. Grosser can't hit anything at long range anyway, so this module is just pure awesome.
- Yamato: Solid. Making her already great dispersion even greater while ALSO making her guns fire faster? What's not to love?
- Montana: Solid. I'd totally sacrifice 10% concealment for an additional -30% rudder and added fire and flood recovery.
- Conqueror: Solid!. You'd have to trade in her concealment, but you get better turret traverse and better rudder. Very good tradeoff here.

- Zao: Solid. Gives you a bit of everything with no negatives. I'd absolutely take this over any other mod in that slot.
- Hindenburg: Crazy good. I already use the -40 rudder mod on this ship, and this drops it down to -30 in exchange for a hell of a lot of bonuses.
- Henry IV: Meh. Henri lives and dies by her rudder and a lot of players equip the -40% rudder mod in this slot. She already has a great range. So is the increased rate of fire here worth losing her agility and ability to dodge shells at long range? Not so sure.
- Minotaur: (edit) Garbage! I had originally misread and thought it increased dispersion when firing on this ship instead of reducing it. HEEELLL no. Minotaur is way fragile and making more shells hit her instead of less is a straight out nerf. Avoid this module like the freaking plague.
- Des Moines: Meh-ish. Solid if you like to brawl. Less so if you like to island camp where the range mod would be better in that slot. Honestly, I'm leaning towards meh unless they beef up her upper belt so that she can actually angle against BB shells instead of taking massive damage from all angles when caught out in the open.
- Worcester: Solid. Only a slight nerf to her concealment in exchange to buffing all her consumables is great!
- Moskva: Garbage. She already has a near 20km firing range. She already has great dispersion. Slowing down her turrets AND losing concealment from this slot is absolutely not worth it.

- Khab: Garbage. This is the concealment or -40% rudder mod slot. Both are much much better than this upgrade.
- Z-52: Meh. I'll concede that dropping her torpedo reload is nice, but I'm not certain losing out on her already not so great concealment (and enemy dispersion) is worth it.
- Shima: Hmmm, I'd say it's 'okay' at best, although that massive torpedo traverse nerf means this would only ever be viable for long range torps barrages. This mod would make her torpedoes absolutely useless for up close maneuvering, like trying to torp a Gearing trying to gun her down.
- Gearing: Garbage. Dropping her concealment by an additional 5% is absolutely not worth that massive nerf to her rate of fire and torpedo reload. Had it only been a 5% nerf to her guns, I'd consider it.
- Yueyang: Not so sure here since there are other mods in that slot that will individually buff her guns or torps more than this without changing her smoke. I haven't had a chance to play around enough with PA smoke to know how good or bad this could be, so others may be better off answering here. Although some have noted that this would work very well with a radar build, so I'd label this as Solid if this is the case.
- Grozovoi: Solid! Grozovoi is a gunboat first and foremost. Nerfing her torp reload is totally worth the considerable buff to her guns IMO.

- Midway: Solid! Midway's problem is that her torp bombers are fragile due to their tier. Everyone already takes the +15% survivability mod, and this mod doubles that in exchange for a mere 5% drop in plane speed.
- Hak: Mmmm, on the fence. This is good for competitive where Haks field four fighter squads for map control, but no one would ever use this for Random.

Edited by KaptainKaybe
edited for reading comprehension, lol
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts
23 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

Actually, the -5% to detection is a slight buff.

It's in the concealment mod slot, though. Which means her concealment change from the upgrade goes from -10% to -5% This is a concealment nerf.

EDIT: Although you actually corrected yourself later in your post. Damnit, stop being confusing!

Edited by KaptainKaybe

Members
1,313 posts
21,160 battles

An accuracy mod for Yammy would be awesome.  Now she can intercept incoming shells with her own double plus good rifles!  Woohoo!

• Funny 1

[SF-E]
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
7 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

It's in the concealment mod slot, though. Which means her concealment change from the upgrade goes from -10% to -5% This is a concealment nerf.

Yes, I did concede that it takes away from the -10.. but at the same time, it's adding additional bonuses, whereas the -10% concealment module is only for concealment. You can adjust to slightly worse concealment, especially when it gives you a massive boost everywhere else.

[SPTR]
Members
25,849 posts
11,141 battles

The upgrade for Henri essentially turns her into a selfish, camp at the back, no good to the team, garbage slot... if it comes to the game like that.

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts
Just now, SkywhaleExpress said:

Yes, I did concede that it takes away from the -10.. but at the same time, it's adding additional bonuses, whereas the -10% concealment module is only for concealment. You can adjust to slightly worse concealment, especially when it gives you a massive boost everywhere else.

Honestly, it's not worth it in my mind. Her torps already reload very fast as is, but losing out on not only concealment but also enemy dispersion against her? Meh.

Beta Testers
219 posts
5,459 battles

no the Gearing lose no concealment  it gets more  concealment:Smile_smile: dang i got ninja:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Outlawed87

[HINON]
Supertester
7,525 posts
7,589 battles
4 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

The upgrade for Henri essentially turns her into a selfish, camp at the back, no good to the team, garbage slot... if it comes to the game like that.

She already plays like that :Smile_teethhappy:

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
2 hours ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Looks like the theory crafters have some work to do...

sounds good and all when I'm playing Khab or Des Moines or Montana.  just thinking out loud here...but i cant help thinking about MM and Tier spread.  Tier 8s and 9s which would be required to face T10 that will now have additional umph from special modules.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[SF-E]
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
7 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Honestly, it's not worth it in my mind. Her torps already reload very fast as is, but losing out on not only concealment but also enemy dispersion against her? Meh.

Oh that's right.. dumb me.. conceal module also gives +5% to enemy dispersion against thee. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,087 posts
6,845 battles

Shima's 12km would go from 153 second reload to 99 second reload with both the upgrade and the captain skill, thats pretty good for Shima if you ask me

[NUWES]
Members
1,677 posts
5,620 battles
2 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

That was my feeling as well. 

[NUWES]
Members
1,677 posts
5,620 battles

I like Des Moines' version. -40% to acceleration helps a ton for a ship that spends a lot of time stationary shooting over islands, then needs to accelerate suddenly to escape. 

• Cool 1

Members
525 posts
3,702 battles

To equip the new mod, the Z-52 loses out on the conceal mod.  That's -10%.  Then, you get 5% of it back with the new mod.  So...the sum total is a 5% nerf...relative to the conceal mod being equipped.  You lose the dispersion bonus as well.  That's not really important on a DD.  Yet, it's still a nerf.  But, you get 10% less of a torp reload.  My ranked build does not employ TAE, but I usually run it in randoms.  Either way, the impact is pretty minimal...what...6-8 seconds?  I strongly prefer having my conceal rating as close to my hydro range as well.  That moment that you get detected and pop hydro and see nothing will last even longer with this mod.  I don't know about anyone else, but those moments are when I feel the Z-52 is most vulnerable.  Also, more time for a red DD to not show me broadside is a serious negative in my book.  A potentially more stealthy Gearing running around makes that even worse.  Now, if you're a pure torp spamming Z-52, then yes...this is the mod for you.           

The Yue Yang mod is great for radar.  It's like not having to choose between MBM3 or TPM3.  You get slightly less of a buff, but you get both mod buffs.  Straight buff if you run radar.          

Edited by Uber_Ghost

[HINON]
Members
9,062 posts
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

Shima's 12km would go from 153 second reload to 99 second reload with both the upgrade and the captain skill, thats pretty good for Shima if you ask me

Add in AR for some more shenanigans.