You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kapri25

World of Waships PS4/Xbox?

32 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles

They are missing out on a HUGE market. The interface is simple enough to where it could be adapted to a PS4 or Xbox One Controller. Plus it would be fun to club the console peasants as a representative of the PC master race hehehehehehe

• Funny 1

[ICE9]
Members
844 posts

Consoles have to run too much stuff server-side due to their limitations.

And like Belthorian alluded to, any decent gaming PC has a huge speed and resolution advantage over the best console.

• Funny 2

[NG-NL]
Members
5,032 posts
8,285 battles

This game is not designed for console players yet.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,098 battles

What is the population like on the Xbox/PS4 server compared to the WoT PC server? At a guess it is less and it would likely be a similar difference for a console version of WoWS.

Members
14 posts
274 battles
12 minutes ago, TF77 said:

Consoles have to run too much stuff server-side due to their limitations.

And like Belthorian alluded to, any decent gaming PC has a huge speed and resolution advantage over the best console.

Not true. Playing on PS4 World of tanks and not only is my resolution great but I barely get any sort of lag or game breaking mechanics when on PC. Consoles don't run as many programs as a PC does. So your statement is blindly put.

10 minutes ago, Reymu said:

This game is not designed for console players yet.

The games made by Wargaming aren't made for a lot of people. Yet they play. If you meant your statement literally, why did you say it? My post is obvious about it not made for consoles yet. You're going to elaborate more.

7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

What is the population like on the Xbox/PS4 server compared to the WoT PC server? At a guess it is less and it would likely be a similar difference for a console version of WoWS.

You're right on that. But if they can make Blitz for both Tanks and Warships then they can make Warships for consoles.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

An influx of angst filled teenagers is just what this game needs! Emo themed camo on the way.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,687 posts
9,098 battles
9 minutes ago, kapri25 said:

Not true. Playing on PS4 World of tanks and not only is my resolution great but I barely get any sort of lag or game breaking mechanics when on PC. Consoles don't run as many programs as a PC does. So your statement is blindly put.

The games made by Wargaming aren't made for a lot of people. Yet they play. If you meant your statement literally, why did you say it? My post is obvious about it not made for consoles yet. You're going to elaborate more.

You're right on that. But if they can make Blitz for both Tanks and Warships then they can make Warships for consoles.

Who knows, they may be working on a console/blitz version. WG is pretty good about keeping things to themselves except when they want the information out there.

Members
14 posts
274 battles
7 minutes ago, Praxz said:

An influx of angst filled teenagers is just what this game needs! Emo themed camo on the way.

Kind silly to think that angry teenagers only play on consoles. Top off the fact that if they do make a console version you would never see them as they would have their own servers.

Members
14 posts
274 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Who knows, they may be working on a console/blitz version. WG is pretty good about keeping things to themselves except when they want the information out there.

They do have a World of Warships Blitz out. Need a powerful phone/tablet but it's out there. True enough on the tight lips.

[HINON]
Members
9,047 posts

Getting onto consoles is very expensive.  Wows is more niche than wot and I don't see it going to consoles any time soon.

Members
14 posts
274 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Getting onto consoles is very expensive.  Wows is more niche than wot and I don't see it going to consoles any time soon.

Wargaming has the money. If they would stop pouring it into Russian tanks! lol

• Bad 1

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles
1 minute ago, kapri25 said:

Kind silly to think that angry teenagers only play on consoles. Top off the fact that if they do make a console version you would never see them as they would have their own servers.

Nice, separate servers would be great. And yes, on average PC gamers are older than console gamers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,687 posts
9,098 battles
2 minutes ago, Praxz said:

And yes, on average PC gamers are older than console gamers.

Particularly WoWS and WG's red headed step child WoWP where the average age is much higher than the typical PC gamer.

Members
14 posts
274 battles
3 minutes ago, Praxz said:

Nice, separate servers would be great. And yes, on average PC gamers are older than console gamers.

I play all three WoT iterations. Not one plays on each others server. So I would hope it would be the same for WoWs. Not worried about the age of someone in game. Just their ability to operate. If they know how to play and not die within the first minute of the game then they can listen to Bieber, complain about Gluten, etc etc. Met many adults who already act more like spoiled tweens then some of the kids that act way to mature.

• Bad 1

[WOLFB]
Members
339 posts
3,503 battles
34 minutes ago, kapri25 said:

If you meant your statement literally, why did you say it?

LOL!

1,266 posts
13 battles

I personally think it would be pretty cool to have the game available on consoles. 

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

One of the last videos or interviews, can't remember.  It was brought up but they said it wouldn't be possible right now with the way carriers work. 

*Edit*

found it, it was Zoups interview with Jingles.  Thought it was in the waterline video from the devs my bad

Edited by vonKaiser
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,433 posts
9,584 battles

Sadly, that article was published in 2016. And here we are almost halfway through 2018. Either really tight lipped or abandoned. I hope they're being quiet about it.

Yeah possibly. It is a lot of work to do , took WOT a long time and WOT is much more popular than WOWS is.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles

I don’t see it ever happening. I played wot on console for a bit to see how it was and I remember having to hop servers based on the time in order to be able to play. It seems like a lot of games get played per week (which is probably true) but they are almost all at peak times. 

Also I would hate to see the graphics on console... wot looks extremely different and they are much smaller maps. I just don’t see it happening. 

Members
14 posts
274 battles
2 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

I don’t see it ever happening. I played wot on console for a bit to see how it was and I remember having to hop servers based on the time in order to be able to play. It seems like a lot of games get played per week (which is probably true) but they are almost all at peak times. 

Also I would hate to see the graphics on console... wot looks extremely different and they are much smaller maps. I just don’t see it happening. 

The maps might be smaller but look at the detail that goes into them. In Warships you have a lot of water. Some islands that don't go into much detail. How many trees does tanks have in each given map? The grass? The rocks? Each one detailed and programmed. On Tanks console you deal with weather effects. It snows. It rains. Dust storms. The only issue I do see is the population. 

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles

The maps might be smaller but look at the detail that goes into them. In Warships you have a lot of water. Some islands that don't go into much detail. How many trees does tanks have in each given map? The grass? The rocks? Each one detailed and programmed. On Tanks console you deal with weather effects. It snows. It rains. Dust storms. The only issue I do see is the population. 

Have you played wot on console? Granted I haven’t played in a year or so, there are not many trees and a lot do not render because of render range. Grass is very low quality and there are few bushes. I remember light rain and you could see it but it is console quality. The ships have way more detail than tanks which is going to be the first major thing to deal with. I think world of tanks a big draw is tanks and not many people are huge on graphics. World of warships has less of a draw but one of the biggest things to me is how amazing the game looks. It is just a ton of effort and they would end up cutting into their wot population on console. 

Members
14 posts
274 battles
4 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Have you played wot on console? Granted I haven’t played in a year or so, there are not many trees and a lot do not render because of render range. Grass is very low quality and there are few bushes. I remember light rain and you could see it but it is console quality. The ships have way more detail than tanks which is going to be the first major thing to deal with. I think world of tanks a big draw is tanks and not many people are huge on graphics. World of warships has less of a draw but one of the biggest things to me is how amazing the game looks. It is just a ton of effort and they would end up cutting into their wot population on console. 

I'm playing right now. lol Check it out.