Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
madkiwidave

The new pink rules.

19 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts

While I agree with the new pink rules insofar as the widened scope of infractions it covers, I don't agree with making pinked players play co-op until their time is up. There are quite a few players who play co-op out of preference, they prefer the more relaxed, toxic free environment. They are now going to be forced to play with every player who has broken the rules in the other modes. And while the pinked players will, if they are the ones with brains, be on good behavior there, most will probably not contribute much to the games, they will treat it as jail time, something to be endured. If WG, in their infinite wisdom, feel like preventing players from playing in their usual mode as punishment for minor infractions, they should create a mode to specifically cover that, maybe call it the penalty box or something like that. The mode would be exclusively for pinked players to serve out their pink time. Players who choose to play a particular mode should not be treated as if they are being punished for others transgressions, they have the same right to play in peace as any other player.

Edited by madkiwidave
I added a bit.

Members
9,957 posts

Only repeat offenders are sentenced to co-op gulag.... 

They show as pink but are actually orange...pink alone does not restrict your game type.....

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,019 posts
3,491 battles
3 minutes ago, madkiwidave said:

While I agree with the new pink rules insofar as the widened scope of infractions it covers, I don't agree with making pinked players play co-op until their time is up. There are quite a few players who play co-op out of preference, they prefer the more relaxed, toxic free environment. They are now going to be forced to play with every player who has broken the rules in the other modes. And while the pinked players will, if they are the ones with brains, be on good behavior there, most will probably not contribute much to the games, they will treat it as jail time, something to be endured. If WG, in their infinite wisdom, feel like preventing players from playing in their usual mode as punishment for minor infractions, they should create a mode to specifically cover that. The mode would be exclusively for pinked players to serve out their pink time. Players who choose to play a particular mode should not be treated as if they are being punished for others transgressions, they have the same right to play in peace as any other player.

Pink is now just a warning. When a player turns Orange, that is when they are restricted to Co-Op. From my understanding, don't know how true it is, only the player that turns orange, sees the orange coloration, while everyone else still sees the offending player as pink.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

If you turn pink you can still play randoms, its when you get enough infractions against you, it sends you to co op, but really the penalty is so easy to work off, they wont be in co op all that long.

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
10 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

If you turn pink you can still play randoms, its when you get enough infractions against you, it sends you to co op, but really the penalty is so easy to work off, they wont be in co op all that long.

I just think it's funny how your name is "Criminal" and you're saying it's easy to work off offenses in the game :Smile_teethhappy:

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles
Just now, Rpkscout1 said:

I just think it's funny how your name is "Criminal" and you're saying it's easy to work off offenses in the game :Smile_teethhappy:

Ironic isn't it

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles

If you turn pink I think you should be put in irons below decks on a prison ship docked in the tropics where the temps are over 110 degrees below deck.  Fed only a bit of water and moldy ship biscuit full of worms. Heh. :Smile_Default:  That there would teach you a lesson. :Smile_izmena:

"Naval tradition? Don't talk to me about naval tradition! It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash".......Winston Churchill

Edited by dmckay

Members
81 posts
20 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Do you have any specifics to support your assertion, or is it just a happy assumption on your part?

[WORX]
Members
1,809 posts
12,846 battles
35 minutes ago, madkiwidave said:

I don't agree with making pinked players play co-op until their time is up.

your whole post is misinformed, but I highlighted the one where I can lend you some education on.  Pink players don;t go to Co-Op against there will, They choose to go to Co-Op to work off there warning. Now ORANGE players are the ones that don;t have a choice and do need to work off there orange in Co-Op. The only way we're going to find out they're orange is to self tell on themselves that they are working off there orange status. To us, everyone is pink. Only the user knows he is orange. Co-Op is voluntary, but then again you don;t know who is there for being bad. Now we can Assume. But the problem with that is, well, in a Facebook connected society people just think they have the right to be nosy. It is what is it, as for me I only been pink in Co-Op ironically since the new system was up. Two days pink no problem.   

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts
29 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

IRL, he is Santa's cousin Ralph Clause. He sees you when you are showering.

• Funny 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles
36 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

Do you have any specifics to support your assertion, or is it just a happy assumption on your part?

Yes I do have specifics as a player posted on the forums today showing they were orange and relegated to co op for a whopping 10 games

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
884 posts
7,195 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

your whole post is misinformed, but I highlighted the one where I can lend you some education on.  Pink players don;t go to Co-Op against there will, They choose to go to Co-Op to work off there warning. Now ORANGE players are the ones that don;t have a choice and do need to work off there orange in Co-Op. The only way we're going to find out they're orange is to self tell on themselves that they are working off there orange status. To us, everyone is pink. Only the user knows he is orange. Co-Op is voluntary, but then again you don;t know who is there for being bad. Now we can Assume. But the problem with that is, well, in a Facebook connected society people just think they have the right to be nosy. It is what is it, as for me I only been pink in Co-Op ironically since the new system was up. Two days pink no problem.   

And that's too bad we don't see folks as orange.  It'd be even be fun if friendly fire was allowed on orange players.   Not only do they have to go to co-op, they're open targets for red or green.   Some would say team killing could impact your team size and may cost you  the game.   In co-op, the loss would be minimal, and frankly, losses are rare.    I play co-op from time to time, and fully agree that they shouldn't get the dregs forced upon them.  But if they must, it'd be some stress relief to friendly fire the orange guy next to you.    Just dreaming, I know.... 

Edited by DiddleDum

[NAVY]
Members
1,007 posts
3,756 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

1 hour ago, C14Alpha said:

@C14Alpha , while I don't always agree with @CriMiNaL__ , he is correct here. All you have to do is read the rules regarding WG's new anti-abuse system, https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/, and you can also read about it on the WoWs wiki in the changelogs, http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.7.4

The status of a player's account will be indicated by the color of their nickname:

WHITE color meaning lack of violations.

PINK color meaning the player has received a warning.

ORANGE color meaning the player is under penalty and is restricted from entry to certain types of battles.

Any penalty will be "served" in Co-op Battles, where each battle played without violations is one step on the way back to the "white" status. The exact penalty will depend on the number of violations and the frequency of their recurrence. Repeat offenders will "go pink" faster and face an ever increasing penalty for repeated acts of unsportsmanlike conduct. This significantly reduces the chance for all players to be matched in a battle with a "hardcore" offender.

• Cool 1

Members
81 posts
22 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Yes I do have specifics as a player posted on the forums today showing they were orange and relegated to co op for a whopping 10 games

16 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

At first it bothered me, then I just ran my Hosho ten times or so in Co-op (with all the other pinkies).  You are orange but still show in game as pink...strange?  I wanted to flaunt my Orangeness!    damn it!

A casual anecdotal approximation ("ten times or so") is not very specific, nor does it address the circumstances leading to the particular penalty, nor does it address escalation for repeated offenses as promised by WG.

Members
81 posts
9 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

@C14Alpha , while I don't always agree with @CriMiNaL__ , he is correct here. All you have to do is read the rules regarding WG's new anti-abuse system, https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/, and you can also read about it on the WoWs wiki in the changelogs, http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.7.4

We clearly have different ideas about what constitutes "specifics."

WoWs is a computer game, every aspect of which is driven by programming.  The automated penalty system is absolutely precise.  Its programming defines what actions trigger evaluation and defined levels of damage or inaction result in pre-determined levels of warning or punishment.  All of those factors are part of a decision tree and each factor is known to WG with absolute certainty and specificity.  WG chooses to not share most of those pieces of information with players.

Nevertheless, since you believe the rules are so clear, complete and transparent, please enlighten everyone as to the exact punishment resulting from "going orange" twice in one month.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles
1 hour ago, C14Alpha said:

Yes, ive been pink 2 times from nonlethal shell hits, no restriction. A team mate killed himself by torping me, he didnt get the restriction either. No specific knowledge on when the team mate is killed.

There is a thread on the devblog from suboctavian saying that orange players that are limited to coop only show pink to prevent mischievous blue falconry by teammates.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles

Ah, nevermind i see others already posted it. Sorry shut my phone off before sending message.

[TDRB]
Members
1,070 posts
4,100 battles

While I agree with the new pink rules insofar as the widened scope of infractions it covers, I don't agree with making pinked players play co-op until their time is up.

I think the new rules are a step in the right direction. I agree there is still room for improvement. Hopefully WG will continue to work on this.

[NAVY]
Members
1,007 posts
3,756 battles
30 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

A casual anecdotal approximation ("ten times or so") is not very specific, nor does it address the circumstances leading to the particular penalty, nor does it address escalation for repeated offenses as promised by WG.

16 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

We clearly have different ideas about what constitutes "specifics."

WoWs is a computer game, every aspect of which is driven by programming.  The automated penalty system is absolutely precise.  Its programming defines what actions trigger evaluation and defined levels of damage or inaction result in pre-determined levels of warning or punishment.  All of those factors are part of a decision tree and each factor is known to WG with absolute certainty and specificity.  WG chooses to not share most of those pieces of information with players.

Nevertheless, since you believe the rules are so clear, complete and transparent, please enlighten everyone as to the exact punishment resulting from "going orange" twice in one month.

Your original post did not read as if you were looking for specifics on the number of games a person served a pink warning or an orange penalty for nor what the increase in penalty was for repeat offenses, but it read as if you thought players with pink warning were restricted to co-op based on Criminal__'s post.

2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

2 hours ago, C14Alpha said:

I simply posted the info WG released to confirm what Criminal__ stated.

I don't know if WG has ever come out and stated how many games a person would be punished for under the old anti-team damage/TK system, nor, did they state how much more severe the "pinkage" got for repeat offenders. Most of that info came about through what players posted on the forums and WoWs Wiki contributors posted in the wiki. I also don't remember WG promising to release that info in their Dev Blogs. That hasn't changed under the new-anti-abuse system; although, this time, WG did give examples of what would cause a player to get a pink warning and go from pink to the orange penalty;  however, no hard and fast numbers.

Does the new anti-abuse system address repeat offenders? Yes. More than the old system did. While there will be "grievers" that will find ways to "milk" the system and get away with doing team damage and TK's. Under the new system, they should not be able to so as often.

Again, the only thing we lack on info is how much team damage and/or many TK's over "X" amount of games or day will result in the harsher penalties under the new system, but why should WG give that info out so that the trolls can grieve other players up to the point of a ban until the counter resets? That doesn't make sense to me.

But here is some more "anecdotal" evidence for you, from what I've read of people who got the pink warning from going AFK during battle, team damage, or a TK, which is a 2 to 4 game limit, is that if you TK a friendly while pink or go AFK, you will receive an orange penalty for approximately 10 games for your first offense of the system. I can confirm the pink warning part as I have been pink twice. The first "pinkage" was 2 games for an AFK when my power went out 3 minutes into a match, and the second was for 3 games for when I made a bad decision to fire torps and they hit a friendly for approximately 5,000 damage but did not kill him. I cannot confirm the orange penalty time limit as I haven't gotten Oompa Loompa status and don't plan on doing so.

Edited by daVinci761st

Sign in to follow this