You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
why_u_heff_to_be_mad

Is there any reason to think Kron or any other FXP ship will make Missouri credits?

25 comments in this topic

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

If you keep mentioning the credits the Missouri makes,WG might just put a stop to that

Members
1,459 posts
12,328 battles

Missouri is unique as a credit generator ( without having to pay extra for special camo), also have the Musashi and Nelson, not even close on earning potential.  

[DD214]
Members
757 posts

FXP and Elite Ships w/ Premium camo can all make hefty returns, and even more with a premium account. The basic game is free and WG offers bonuses to those that support funding the game.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles

Not likely to happen again. 

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
2 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Or that just never going to happen again?

If if happens again, it will be accident.

Missouri was removed because it broke the economy.  It was just too good at printing credits.  (You still have to be good enough with her, but equal play generated more credits.)

I expect Musashi preforms about like WG would like in the area of credit returns.  In general, ALL Premium ships have enhanced credit returns (some even in addition to the reduced service cost).

I track a crazy amount of data.  Right now at Tier 8 and up, all of my Premium ships with more than 10 Random battles return more credits than all of my tech tree ships with more than 10 Random battles.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles
Just now, YeOldeTraveller said:

If if happens again, it will be accident.

Missouri was removed because it broke the economy.  It was just too good at printing credits.  (You still have to be good enough with her, but equal play generated more credits.)

I expect Musashi preforms about like WG would like in the area of credit returns.  In general, ALL Premium ships have enhanced credit returns (some even in addition to the reduced service cost).

I track a crazy amount of data.  Right now at Tier 8 and up, all of my Premium ships with more than 10 Random battles return more credits than all of my tech tree ships with more than 10 Random battles.

This ^^^ +1

WOWS as nearly wrecked my enjoyment of WOT lol because of the economy. The credit grind in WOT feels so much worse because of how much easier it is in WOWS.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,844 posts
11,558 battles

I would be surprised to ever see a money maker like MO again.

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
18 minutes ago, paradat said:

This ^^^ +1

WOWS as nearly wrecked my enjoyment of WOT lol because of the economy. The credit grind in WOT feels so much worse because of how much easier it is in WOWS.

No experience with WOT beyond videos.

The key part is that Premium ships should have enhanced earning, and they do.

Premium ships, and Premium Time, are intended to help your progress.  This is the incentive to spend the money WG needs to stay in business.

On topic, Missouri was sufficiently good to reduce the incentive to buy Premium Time where enhanced (+50%) credit earning is one of the key benefits.

This is a sample of my most recent results.  The limits are Tier 8+ ships in Random Battles.  MAX, MEDIAN, MIN, and AVERAGE (mean) are the respective value in thousands of credits of the results of Base Earnings minus all expenses.  Earnings are before any buff from camouflage, flags, signals, missions, and bonuses.  (It does include the +50% for Premium Time.)  The expenses do include the reduction in Post-Battle Service from camouflage, flags, and signals.

Ship Battles MAX MEDIAN  MIN
AVERAGE
JP9BBF 25 391 166 37 167
US9BBF 42 506 153 51 176
PA8DDP 24 280 126 -4 142
DE8BBP 19 258 122 38 125

This is a single data point for a single player.  Note the Missouri range of results is shifted relative to the Musashi range.  The AVERAGE also reflects this to some extent.  I don't do as well in Missouri vs Musashi looking at other stats.  (Likely, I keep getting too close to the action in Missouri.)

My point is that Missouri clearly is better, but other ships can do quite well in earning credits for players that do well enough  in them.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller
Fixed light text on light background
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
19 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Missouri was removed because it broke the economy.

I'm not entirely convinced this was the reason, at least not the only reason.  

I do agree in principle with most everyone else.  I do not expect to see anything nearly as prolific a credit mint as Missouri hitting the shop again.  

I do expect that she'll eventually return to the shop, but it'll be a good long while.

-R

[DAY]
Members
1,182 posts
11,751 battles

seeing "too much credit income" being the reason missouri is no longer available....

no, WG would never let that happen again

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

I saw that Flambass posted a replay vid this morn of the most current iteration of the shipixel.  The gun accuracy seems to have been severally buffed from the last version -- at least based upon Flambass hooting and hollaring during the match the guns seemed to be handling pretty well. 

Post match screen indicated:

213107 Damage

894014 Credits  

Course I wasn't watching to see if he had any credit multiplier flags and/or etc.

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles
17 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

No experience with WOT beyond videos.

The key part is that Premium ships should have enhanced earning, and they do.

Premium ships, and Premium Time, are intended to help your progress.  This is the incentive to spend the money WG needs to stay in business.

On topic, Missouri was sufficiently good to reduce the incentive to buy Premium Time where enhanced (+50%) credit earning is one of the key benefits.

This is a sample of my most recent results.  The limits are Tier 8+ ships in Random Battles.  MAX, MEDIAN, MIN, and AVERAGE (mean) are the respective value in thousands of credits of the results of Base Earnings minus all expenses.  Earnings are before any buff from camouflage, flags, signals, missions, and bonuses.  (It does include the +50% for Premium Time.)  The expenses do include the reduction in Post-Battle Service from camouflage, flags, and signals.

Ship Battles MAX MEDIAN  MIN
AVERAGE
JP9BBF 25 391 166 37 167
US9BBF 42 506 153 51 176
PA8DDP 24 280 126 -4 142
DE8BBP 19 258 122 38 125

This is a single data point for a single player.  Note the Missouri range of results is shifted relative to the Musashi range.  The AVERAGE also reflects this to some extent.  I don't do as well in Missouri vs Musashi looking at other stats.  (Likely, I keep getting too close to the action in Missouri.)

My point is that Missouri clearly is better, but other ships can do quite well in earning credits for players that do well enough  in them.

Agreed. WOT has the same basic model. WOWS is just even easier and the Missouri made it even better.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,009 posts
9,037 battles
36 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Missouri was removed because it broke the economy.  It was just too good at printing credits.

I disagree she broke the economy. While she is good at earning credits, I have found you have to have really good games to make monster credits. I can usually make more credits with the Musashi because I’m able to do much higher damage in her (68k vs 99k average). That 18” overmatch and 26.4 reload really helps.

Members
1,936 posts
21 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

I saw that Flambass posted a replay vid this morn of the most current iteration of the shipixel.  The gun accuracy seems to have been severally buffed from the last version -- at least based upon Flambass hooting and hollaring during the match the guns seemed to be handling pretty well. 

Post match screen indicated:

213107 Damage

894014 Credits  

Course I wasn't watching to see if he had any credit multiplier flags and/or etc.

Bummer, Kutuzov will do that with a Zulu signal,

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,071 posts
6,780 battles

i think most premium ships make good credits, but Missouri is on a WHOLE different level of credit printing

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Or that just never going to happen again?

There are no reasons to think any other ship will print credits like Missouri, and more than a few reasons to think they won't.

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
348 posts
8,865 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

This ^^^ +1

Except its the same. Tier x ships costs 20 million. Tier x tank costs 6 million. Thats why the gains per match are way lower in tanks.

[WORX]
Members
1,855 posts
12,893 battles

The MO was taken away because Steven Seagal contract had expired. It had nothing to do with the economy, only if your a good BB player yes you can print credits with the mighty MO. You can print credits with other premium ships as well, is it possible it still is :). 

[RKLES]
Members
7,211 posts
8,988 battles
27 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

i think most premium ships make good credits, but Missouri is on a WHOLE different level of credit printing

Yeah Missouri is a lot like IS-3 Defender in WOT Blitz

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles
34 minutes ago, MackDye said:

Except its the same. Tier x ships costs 20 million. Tier x tank costs 6 million. Thats why the gains per match are way lower in tanks.

I can earn 20 million in WOWS in 20 battles with the Missouri, at 1 mil per battle. That would translate into 300k per battle in WOT I never even get close to that. A 100k battle in WOT is very good, 300k is way out of reach for me. A 200k credit game would be a best of the best type result in a tier 8 premium.

[-THOR]
Members
591 posts
3,246 battles

Missouri's credit earning potential was just broken ** lol

I played like crap in a game one time in a loss and still got more money than I would've gotten, have I had an average "good" win in a t8 premium

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,860 battles

Missouri will be back, only she will likely be called Wisconsin :cap_cool:

• Cool 1