You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

Made it to the Kongo!

21 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
149 posts
2,120 battles

Just made it to the Kongo class! 

Played a few games to get the feel for it (and got some utterly obscene opinions from some random team mates of what they thought of my command of her). :Smile_amazed: 

She is a bit less nerve wracking then the Myogi was with her slow to move turrets and I love having the extra turret. 

I can see why a lot of players keep her in their slots and like to go back playing her in the mid tier games. 

• Cool 4

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

Congrats to getting her, she is a good ship, good speed and so on, you will have fun.  Do not worry about the others and what they say to you as sometimes you have to get a feel for a new ship, and its upgrades, but remember with its speed you can find yourself to far in front of the team and get yourself deleted/focused.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,606 battles

8GcDPBC.png

Something something DESU

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
14 minutes ago, Aurora_7 said:

Played a few games to get the feel for it (and got some utterly obscene opinions from some random team mates of what they thought of my command of her). :Smile_amazed: 

She is a bit less nerve wracking then the Myogi was with her slow to move turrets and I love having the extra turret. 

I can see why a lot of players keep her in their slots and like to go back playing her in the mid tier games. 

gratz!

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
149 posts
2,120 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

......but remember with its speed you can find yourself to far in front of the team and get yourself deleted/focused.

A problem I've had with typically when captaining in all my ships.

Often I've gone ahead with what seemed like I was part of a 3-4 ship squadron and only to find when the shooting starts is that while they've entered evasive maneuvers , I've left my self out in front as if I was a volunteer decoy. 

I've slowly caught on that a lot of my best XP scoring sessions does not involve sinking of any ships but as long as I've inflicted heavy damage, survive to the end AND our team winning the round.

[LHG]
Members
1,652 posts
4,919 battles

Congrats!!!

Kongo is a good solid ship, one of the best at T5 (though the Guilio Cesare is a bit better).  Her speed and her exceptionally powerful long range 14 inch rivals are great at this tier. 

Have fun with her!!!

[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,405 battles

Congrats on getting past that POS Myogi <ptui>.

A word of advice on Kongo.  Don't let the new speed go to your head.  It's all too tempting and easy to get out in front of your support and get focused.  OTOH, don't hang and snipe.  The guns have range, but not great dispersion.

Enjoy!

• Cool 1

Members
3,563 posts
6,872 battles

Congrats. She's my favourite tier V BB along with the Giulio Cesare of course. Good luck with her

5af5cc6cd513f_IJNKongo.jpg.68076aa4966c5d10d2f97a090ded6629.jpg

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles

Battleship Kongo in Kirun harbor, Taiwan with Crown Prince Hirohito on board, 27 Apr 1923

kongo1.jpg.342567f1918cf5a325020ca1006ababf.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,405 battles

Good pic, Dawg. 

One thing I've long wondered:  What are all the diagonal pipes along the hull?

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Good pic, Dawg. 

One thing I've long wondered:  What are all the diagonal pipes along the hull?

They look like poles to hang anti-torpedo nets from.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
1 hour ago, Aurora_7 said:

Hold onto her, she is worth keeping. A fast battleship at tier 5. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
10 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

You are correct sir.

Members
18,235 posts
5,205 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Hold onto her, she is worth keeping. A fast battleship at tier 5. 

Yup. If you think you like it now, having just got it, wait until you have a few thousand matches experience under your belt, and then go back and play it.

Edited by Skpstr

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Yup. If you think you like it now, having just got it, wait until you have a few thousand matches experience under your belt, and then go back and play it.

To add what Skpstr said imagine having a 19 point captain in one......that is downright evil hehehehehe

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,904 battles

Take care. They got a ebola outbreak there! :Smile_hiding:

360 posts
194 battles

Congratulations, and as others have mentioned, keep an eye on the speed. I often run at 3/4 until the battle begins in earnest. Also, protect those sides and have fun!

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
2 hours ago, warpath_33 said:

yup

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Congrats on getting past that POS Myogi <ptui>.

A word of advice on Kongo.  Don't let the new speed go to your head.  It's all too tempting and easy to get out in front of your support and get focused.  OTOH, don't hang and snipe.  The guns have range, but not great dispersion.

Enjoy!

Yes, I made both these mistakes.  Kongo offers the experience of two "just because" equations of the IJN line, i.e., "just because you can run ahead of everyone doesn't mean you should" and "just because you can shoot 21km doesn't mean you should make that your offense."

Although on the 21km thing....sometimes the game does gift you with a stationary Bogue in the distance - or a Bogue moving at full steam, what's the difference really? - and you get to make Bogue cake.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles

Run a full AA build on Kongo and div with a random T5 CV, and you get some free fireworks that sound really cool. 

The Kongo is a great ship, make sure to stay angled, never click the 1 key in a T5 match, and stay at a range of about <14km, and if you are outnumbered, then feel free to use that range to shoot the ships chasing you, as you outrange all but another Kongo/Fuso.