You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

Premium ships, benefit or disadvantage

21 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
533 posts
5,877 battles

Would a tier 10 premium ship have any benefits or disadvantages over a ship that a player would get through the tier tree? 

I haven't seen any real benefit from the lower tier ships except some of the bonuses that came with them, but I can buy slots, camo and train captains. 

[NOBS]
Members
533 posts
5,877 battles

Also, I spend money anyways, it's not about the costs. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

More money, more xp, slightly better stats, no different from any other Prem Ship.

[SIDE]
Members
1,409 posts
2 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

NwMore money, more xp, slightly better stats, no different from any other Prem Ship.

Easy way to train captains. Many times premium ship outperforms tech tree equivalent. There is no downside with most of them. A few are really bad but mouse does thorough reviews on all of them so avoiding the turds is easy.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
387 posts
11,701 battles

With Permanent Camo, you can racked up just as much credits/xp as regular premium ship.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
11 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Would a tier 10 premium ship have any benefits or disadvantages over a ship that a player would get through the tier tree? 

I haven't seen any real benefit from the lower tier ships except some of the bonuses that came with them, but I can buy slots, camo and train captains. 

Most likely the XP and credits would be the same as a tier 10 with the permanent camo. It would probably be on the same level stats wise but might have a gimmick. The big benefit toa tier 10 premium would be the ability to train commanders. You could rotate any command penalty free into the tier 10 premium and get the daily bonus. You can do this with any premium but tier 10 tends to earn more XP than tier 8.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,841 posts
12,880 battles
19 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Well IMO, The reason why a tier 10 Premium whould not work is because there is nothing above it to grind or strive for. Premium ships with premium time (Get premium time over premium ship), you can cut your grinding to get a tier X ship in half or more. OR some just get premium ships as

1. A collectors item
  2. Museum piece in there port
  3. There is one guy that only sails Kamikazie R to pad his Win rate %.
  4. You REALLY love the ship
  5. Your goal is to own ALL 260 total ships that has ever done in the live server (some ships never make pass Beta testing).

What would really benfit anyone that wants to spend there money, is in Premium time. you can never go wrong with that.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,467 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Well IMO, The reason why a tier 10 Premium whould not work is because there is nothing above it to grind or strive for.

That hasn't prevented T9 or T8 premiums, or even T10s in general, from being incredibly successful.

The only grind on premiums is anything that would not be any different between tiers. IE Commanders/Credits

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,841 posts
12,880 battles
7 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

That hasn't prevented T9 or T8 premiums, or even T10s in general, from being incredibly successful.

And you;re right, I mean it was my opinion. Tier 8 premium ships if its good it sells same as Tier 9, tier 10 if they make it good it can sell as well. For me I just don;t see a tier 10 premium being useful like other people might. Just an opinion 

[CK5]
Members
802 posts
6,555 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

There is one guy that only sails Kamikazie R to pad his Win rate %.

I have run into that guy.  I believe he has more than 4K matches in the Kamikaze.  I'm not judging (seriously), but it is interesting.  

[SCREW]
Members
118 posts
6,726 battles

Every premium ship has advantages and disadvantages to the tech tree ships. It's easiest to compare same class ships, like the Iowa and Missouri. Missouri has slightly better armor and AA than Iowa, but I feel like the Iowa is more accurate in its shooting. The Alabama and North carolina aren't the same class, but are still close as far as build type and playstyle. The Alabama has much better torpedo defense, and a much better turn rate, but the north Carolina has better accuracy and AA defense. In general, all premium ships earn more of everything, I think the only exception is the ARP line. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,841 posts
12,880 battles
9 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I have run into that guy.  I believe he has more than 4K matches in the Kamikaze.  I'm not judging (seriously), but it is interesting.  

I know right a one trick pony lol But in all honesty, IF I had the Kami I would probably do the same thing lol.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

You want a tier 10 premium, just buy the permanent camo and with the bonuses that has you will effectively be driving a premium.

[NOBS]
Members
533 posts
5,877 battles
51 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You want a tier 10 premium, just buy the permanent camo and with the bonuses that has you will effectively be driving a premium.

Not that I want a tier 10 premium, I was just wondering if there was a big advantage to buying one. I don't mind grinding out the tier tree. But if I bought one, that would be money I wouldn't be using on camo, flags etc 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,667 posts
3,824 battles

I do wonder though if a tier 10 premium ship gets added, would the permanent camo that comes with it have the same stats as the other tech tree permanent camo?

Cause the premium ship itself will have bonus xp, credits, and reduced service cost hard coded in it. Then to add the bonuses of a tier 10 camo would just make it very profitable that might make it earn credits inbetween the Musashi and the Missouri while spending extremely little in the service cost.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles

Making credits and free XP. I don't care about the captein retrain since I usually sit at 1mio elite XP and 200mio credits. Pay half the retraining by credits, the other half by XP. Oh, most of it comes from the credits and elite XP I made with droping an 19 point captain into my premiums.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles
2 hours ago, xTrowax said:

Every premium ship has advantages and disadvantages to the tech tree ships. It's easiest to compare same class ships, like the Iowa and Missouri. Missouri has slightly better armor and AA than Iowa, but I feel like the Iowa is more accurate in its shooting.

LWM made some statistics about the accuracy and it isn't true. The only real difference is that you exchange the planes against radar. And the Missouri has a build in credit muliplier that makes Bill Gates envy you.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

Not that I want a tier 10 premium, I was just wondering if there was a big advantage to buying one. I don't mind grinding out the tier tree. But if I bought one, that would be money I wouldn't be using on camo, flags etc 

There are no tier 10 premiums and I doubt there ever be and the big benefits with a premium of any tier is captain training and credit earnings.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

Yea sure, lets give useless noobs more ways to get into tier X matches when they dont even know the basics/mechanics of the game ... what could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Ulthwey
  • Angry 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,088 posts
4,161 battles

I see many comments in this forum about less than average skilled players buying premium ships to the detriment of the team. Personally I would like to see matches for players in the top 35% match against each other with T9 & T10 ships & 15pt+ commanders so they can test their skills against other top players. That being said I think it is best not to offer T10 premium ships. We do need to earn rather than buy a top tier ship for the betterment of the game.

• Cool 1