You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Why can't my Kongo shells punch through OKT Revolutsia's side armor?

8 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
19,288 posts
12,830 battles

Where did you hit him? 'Center middle' doesn't tell us much. Your shells ain't gonna hit the citadel if they fly over it.

fBY5s0p.jpg

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

It's like expecting Dunkerque to pen King George V. It may literally not be possible because the armor may be bigger than the gun. I know for sure that KGB has armor over 330mm. You just gotta aim somewhere else. I know because I've shot at one with a Dunkerque within 2km and I did not do any damage.

Edited by Vangm94

Members
288 posts
3,596 battles

I picked up Oktober yesterday and every time I make the incredibly critical error of flashing my broadside, I get smoked by every ship. Most shells get my citadel as well. Those shells, however, were plunging. I guess your shells skimmed right over the top of the citadel.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

Why can't my Kongo shells punch through OKT Revolutsia's side armor?

In World of Tanks they used to call this armor Stalinium.  Very very stronk Russian case hardened armor plate.  Pretty much forged by Hephaestus.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
28 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

That was really strange. Four shells all hit center middle but no cits. Incomprehensible. 

Knowing you, and your track record of playing IJN BB as you do, HE will not citadel an OKT BB

• Cool 2
  • Funny 10

[WOLF3]
Members
6,497 posts
2,448 battles

ASSUMING AP shells <g>, sometimes it's difficult to tell what the angle of impact is. 

The other day day I would have sworn that I put 6" AP into the broadside of Aoba, to no effect.  Going back and looking at the replay, that "broadside" was actually about 57°.  (Anything over 60° will punch right through into a high cit.)   Then he torped me.