You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Yamamoto lost his special captain bonus

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,027 posts

for example, his Expert Marksman should be (and has always been 1s/degree), but right now is 0.7 like an ordinary captain

please fix, thanks

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
42 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

for example, his Expert Marksman should be (and has always been 1s/degree), but right now is 0.7 like an ordinary captain

please fix, thanks

Yamamoto only had the First Blood and Kraken buffs (and several visual effects) at launch.

If there is a change, it would be in the most recent patch, but I did not see it in the Notes I found.  (I did see an update to the Wiki adding the Enhanced Skills, so it is likely it should have been there.)

This will be a welcome improvement when it is received.

[FADES]
Members
152 posts
3,800 battles

YeOlde is correct, I think they announced two buffs coming to Yamamoto, but have not put them in the live game yet.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,027 posts
17 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Yamamoto only had the First Blood and Kraken buffs (and several visual effects) at launch.

If there is a change, it would be in the most recent patch, but I did not see it in the Notes I found.  (I did see an update to the Wiki adding the Enhanced Skills, so it is likely it should have been there.)

This will be a welcome improvement when it is received.

strange, i have yamamoto for months, i remember he has EM buff, and others, and on EM you can see the green (+) sign

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
38 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

strange, i have yamamoto for months, i remember he has EM buff, and others, and on EM you can see the green (+) sign

I checked the original announcement and the last several Update Notes.

I'll check for myself when I get home, but do I understand correctly that the Enhanced Skill tag is on the relevant skill, but the skill doesn't show the improvement?

[WOLF1]
Members
2,027 posts
8 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I checked the original announcement and the last several Update Notes.

I'll check for myself when I get home, but do I understand correctly that the Enhanced Skill tag is on the relevant skill, but the skill doesn't show the improvement?

the "+" sign is on any improvement for special commander, you can check others they show those

i remember yamamoto has those before, but now all gone, without those, what's "special" about him

Edited by Happy668

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

the "+" sign is on any improvement for special commander, you can check others they show those

i remember yamamoto has those before, but now all gone, without those, what's "special" about him

Thanks.

One thing was getting him at 15 points.

Most of the rest was cosmetic, but you do get two real benefits:

1. When you get First Blood, you get a extra count on all consumables.
  2. When you get Kraken Unleashed, you get an immediate damage recovery like a Damage Repair Party.

There are now a few folks who have received the Dreadnought achievement in the Kamikaze.

As I said earlier, I will be happy to see the EM buff.

Members
1,567 posts
9,993 battles
1 hour ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Thanks.

One thing was getting him at 15 points.

Most of the rest was cosmetic, but you do get two real benefits:

1. When you get First Blood, you get a extra count on all consumables.
  2. When you get Kraken Unleashed, you get an immediate damage recovery like a Damage Repair Party.

There are now a few folks who have received the Dreadnought achievement in the Kamikaze.

As I said earlier, I will be happy to see the EM buff.

I'm most certain he came with special skills too and I don't see any plus icons next to any of them in the game. Take a look below 

Captureee.PNG

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
4 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm most certain he came with special skills too and I don't see any plus icons next to any of them in the game. Take a look below 

Captureee.PNG

Did you look at my earlier statement in this thread?

Or look at the edit history on the Wiki (like I did before making my earlier statement)?

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
5 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

No he didn't come with EM or PM, just some abilities not on the skill tech tree. Olde is right, the new skills he is getting are coming in an upcoming patch. Hardly surprising the Wiki is incorrect but given some time it will eventually be right. 

Members
1,567 posts
9,993 battles
7 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Did you look at my earlier statement in this thread?

Or look at the edit history on the Wiki (like I did before making my earlier statement)?

Nope and nope. Me bad?

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
58 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Nope and nope. Me bad?

Only that the items you highlighted were added last week.

The thread included that fact (though I did not include how recently) and that I didn't find it mentioned in the original announcement or the Patch Notes I reviewed.

I cannot find an authority for that update.  (I don't doubt that it is correct for the intended state of things, though timing might be off.)  The edit comment mentions 0.7.4, so it could have been inadvertently been released with that patch and the point release removed it again.  I just got Yamamoto and trained him up Wednesday.  I didn't notice anything when I did, but I wasn't looking for it.  I could easily have missed it.

It is also possible that the buffs have been there a while and the Wiki only just got updated.  I do that myself when I find discrepancies.

You bad?  Nothing worse than I have done in the past.

Also, it was good seeing you battle last night.

Members
1,567 posts
9,993 battles
15 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

It is also possible that the buffs have been there a while and the Wiki only just got updated.  I do that myself when I find discrepancies.

You bad?  Nothing worse than I have done in the past.

Also, it was good seeing you battle last night.

Hi. The screenshot above was literally taken from Wiki and saved minutes before I posted. Me bad because I didn't have my glasses and didn't take the time to read your post more carefully.

You saw me last night? When?  I was having a losing streak and left the game early. 

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
5,998 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Hi. The screenshot above was literally taken from Wiki and saved minutes before I posted. Me bad because I didn't have my glasses and didn't take the time to read your post more carefully.

You saw me last night? When?  I was having a losing streak and left the game early. 

Thursday night.  I was in Missouri or Musashi.  I'm grinding credits for Gearing.

Fair winds!

Members
1,567 posts
9,993 battles
5 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Thursday night.  I was in Missouri or Musashi.  I'm grinding credits for Gearing.

Fair winds!

I must have been grinding Richelieu and doing awful. That ships just doesn't like me!