Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
InventedThought

Dunkerque

11 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

Can any one tell me how much the Dunkerue is in the Tech Tree? I already have it and was wondering if I can get a good Doubloons conversion.:cap_yes:

Members
1,458 posts
12,315 battles

Buyer beware - have had the Dunkerque for quite awhile, now my worst performing tier 6 BB.  Just not hard hitting, really just an HE spammer, and if RNG is not with you for fire starting, can struggle.  Performance has dropped over time with a little power creep. 

[KNTI2]
Members
786 posts
4,299 battles
48 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Buyer beware - have had the Dunkerque for quite awhile, now my worst performing tier 6 BB.  Just not hard hitting, really just an HE spammer, and if RNG is not with you for fire starting, can struggle.  Performance has dropped over time with a little power creep. 

It hits hard enough as long as you treat it like an oversized cruiser, which it basically always was.

Trick is to leverage that as much as possible by pushing early to shove enemy DDs out of the cap with HE and then U-turning to flank to punish CAs/BBs with broadside AP hits. When bottom tier, you play like a heavy cruiser (i.e Prinz Eugen) that has decent shell velocity.

Edited by NATOMarksman

Members
1,458 posts
12,315 battles
24 minutes ago, NATOMarksman said:

It hits hard enough as long as you treat it like an oversized cruiser, which it basically always was.

Trick is to leverage that as much as possible by pushing early to shove enemy DDs out of the cap with HE and then U-turning to flank to punish CAs/BBs with broadside AP hits. When bottom tier, you play like a heavy cruiser (i.e Prinz Eugen) that has decent shell velocity.

Good advice - but given its concealment, draws a lot of fire to play like a cruiser. In the past, played regularly, but intro of French line ( Normandie plays stronger), lots of Cesare at the in 5/6 games, and of course Arizona, Warspite, Fuso, tier 7 Nelson, DOY.  Don’t play it much, have sooooo many more competitive ships at that tier that it is not much fun to play.  So, I would not recommend buying unless you are looking for a French BB captain trainer.

[KNTI2]
Members
786 posts
4,299 battles
1 hour ago, Panzer1113 said:

Good advice - but given its concealment, draws a lot of fire to play like a cruiser. In the past, played regularly, but intro of French line ( Normandie plays stronger), lots of Cesare at the in 5/6 games, and of course Arizona, Warspite, Fuso, tier 7 Nelson, DOY.  Don’t play it much, have sooooo many more competitive ships at that tier that it is not much fun to play.  So, I would not recommend buying unless you are looking for a French BB captain trainer.

I'll freely admit that there are ships that offer stronger raw firepower or better armor, and its concealment is terrible.

However its speed and low profile deck often lets it sneak around in plain sight, or forces the enemy to juggle between targeting you or the cruisers. Likewise, if they're going after your cruisers, you can do a decent job at blasting DDs with those quick swivel turrets and eight gun salvo.

Like the Spee, you could argue that it has too little firepower to justify its weakness to top tier firepower. At the same time, like the Spee, if handled deftly it can hit above its weight class on the flanks and tank more than it has any right to even if uptiered.

The Normadie is a better all rounder but isn't as good at pushing caps because of its firing arcs.

Members
9,962 posts

For under $10 I think it's a worthwhile investment.....

Steam bundle doubloons made it cheap, I needed a French BB trainer, and I seriously haven't seen any issues with the AP that people describe so far. 

Also seems indecently accurate at mid range.:cap_hmm:

Edited by awiggin

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,838 posts
4,729 battles
3 hours ago, Panzer1113 said:

Nah homie, that ship is a claymore...it's hilariously good when RNG grants you love. 

[IRISH]
Members
364 posts
7,192 battles

Was one of the first PRemie BBs IVe owned..and being primarily a BB capn..I gotta say this ship is basically aweful..I always get lit up with 15 simultaneous fires..and everyone knows this..I Get focus fired bye 4 ships..they all spamm HE @ me...even BB's......wait for me to catch fire..which is like before they even  fire..then they wait for me to repair..bam..do it again....and wait for me to burn down..BUFF its fire prevention already RNGESUS CHrist!!!!

ITs got aweful dispersion..weak guns...aside from getting the cool black camo for it..its pretty much a port queen for me...Whish I never bough it...Oh well...They cant all be zingers...

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,526 posts
4,416 battles

Good ship. I have a 64% win rate on mine.

Sign in to follow this