You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

New pink rules do need adjustment

40 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,773 battles

Divmate gets two cits, he's down to 5 HP and bumps into me while trying to escape. Dies because he is so low.

I'm pink through no fault of mine.

This needs adjustment. Way too sensitive.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Your pink cause you caused his death, what penalty did you get, 2 games or 3 for being pink.  Sometimes you have to just suck it up not cry on  the forums and just do your penalty.

WG will address the new system but you have to give it time instead of crying all the time.  5 HP not only were you a team killer you were also a kill stealer.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 9
  • Angry 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

How does pink affect your gameplay?

It doesn't, the OP is just crying

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[WORX]
Members
1,863 posts
12,918 battles

The only time, It effected me was in Co-Op mode. That was the only time I have been pink with the new system. AFK pinks only happens when you don;t make it back into the match in time. IF you do make it back well your not pink. So far for me the new system doesn't effect me. Meanwhile I seen less people going into my torps when I am in a torp ship which is nice. Maybe it has effected other by putting the fear of Pinky into them. As for me, nothing major so far. *knock on cyber wood*

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,803 battles
12 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Got a point there... Yes the new system needs a few tweaks. Give it time to collate data for WG to see problem areas and address them...Yes I'm sure your peeved bring a replay to the table next time or just get over it. But in no way does it nor should it affect your gameplay! :cap_yes:

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,254 battles

well i understand your pain, but the system is working

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,677 posts
9,071 battles

You are not pink because of the new rules. It has been causing the last point of damage for some time. In the situation you described you would have been pink before the change and likely for more matches.

[IRISH]
Members
368 posts
7,194 battles
5 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Divmate gets two cits, he's down to 5 HP and bumps into me while trying to escape. Dies because he is so low.

When 2 ships on the same team collide..they both scratch paint..WG warns both ships they caused DMG to the other.

I doubt that turned you pink. IT was most likely the straw that broke the camels back. Oft times ships friendly secondary fire each other without even knowing it. Which starts the buildup in the "getting_pink_jbs" script thats running in the background

• Bad 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,037 posts
3,555 battles
9 minutes ago, drakoolia said:

When 2 ships on the same team collide..they both scratch paint..WG warns both ships they caused DMG to the other.

I doubt that turned you pink. IT was most likely the straw that broke the camels back. Oft times ships friendly secondary fire each other without even knowing it. Which starts the buildup in the "getting_pink_jbs" script thats running in the background

Secondary batteries have been fixed, a few updates ago, so that they no longer count towards pink status. Or was I not reading properly?

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Secondary batteries have been fixed, a few updates ago, so that they no longer count towards pink status. Or was I not reading properly?

OP div mate only had 5 hp left, then the OP killed him 

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Bad 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,037 posts
3,555 battles
23 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

OP div mate only had 5 hp left, then the OP killed him

The person I quoted mentioned secondary batteries dealing damage. " Oft times ships friendly secondary fire each other without even knowing it. Which starts the buildup in the "getting_pink_jbs" script thats running in the background" is what he said.

I was just asking for clarification on that specifically, because I thought secondary fire no longer count towards pink status.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

The person I quoted mentioned secondary batteries dealing damage. " Oft times ships friendly secondary fire each other without even knowing it. Which starts the buildup in the "getting_pink_jbs" script thats running in the background" is what he said.

I was just asking for clarification on that specifically, because I thought secondary fire no longer count towards pink status.

Yes your correct secondaries do not hurt your own team anymore.

Members
9,979 posts
6 hours ago, alexf24 said:

That's nothing new, you always get the pink tutu for a tk, regardless of the amount of damage.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,361 battles
6 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Your damage caused your teammates death even though the damage you did was neglible.  But thats not the result of the new system.  The old system would have done the same thing.

Members
87 posts
6 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

6 hours ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

Got a point there... Yes the new system needs a few tweaks. Give it time to collate data for WG to see problem areas and address them...Yes I'm sure your peeved bring a replay to the table next time or just get over it. But in no way does it nor should it affect your gameplay! :cap_yes:

If pink does not affect gameplay, the new penalty system will not change the "objectionable behavior" it is supposed to eliminate.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,043 posts
10 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

If pink does not affect gameplay, the new penalty system will not change the "objectionable behavior" it is supposed to eliminate.

Just to clarify, pink is just a warning. Orange is the punishment status that does affect gameplay. Also it is not supposed to eliminate all the objectionable behaviors but curb them instead.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I did 10 hp worth of damage to a DM, killed him and turned pink, he knew he was dead so no issue there, no issue with working off the penalty either, not even a forum post about it.

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,773 battles
7 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Your pink cause you caused his death, what penalty did you get, 2 games or 3 for being pink.  Sometimes you have to just suck it up not cry on  the forums and just do your penalty.

WG will address the new system but you have to give it time instead of crying all the time.  5 HP not only were you a team killer you were also a kill stealer.

2 games and it did not bother me. Just that it should be improved to avoid pink by bumping and causing 5HP damage. That is just ridiculous.

Kill stealer? It was in coop - yes right. He bumped cause his rudder was shot.

There is no such thing as kill stealing. It is kill securing.

7 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

It doesn't. You misread the comments.

It doesn't, the OP is just crying

Obviously you haven't read any of my posts. I have been in this Forum for 3 years. Please point to crying which I don't do. Just asking for adjustments that are obviously needed. If it bothers you , then move along to the next thread.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
2 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I have been in this Forum for 3 years

Then I guess you should know, with all the pink threads that have been here since the patch came in, and you knew that you killed him, so regardless, it had nothing to do with being to sensitive, you turned pink for the TK, oh and you kill steal from the red team

41 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I did 10 hp worth of damage to a DM, killed him and turned pink, he knew he was dead so no issue there, no issue with working off the penalty either, not even a forum post about it.

Like this^^

• Bad 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles

kill stealer roflmao...

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
2 hours ago, drakoolia said:

2 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

The secondary battery has not been able to cause damage to friendlies for quite some time. Only player controlled weapons are able to cause team damage. While it was not intentional the OP did take the last point of health which is automatic pink status. For the average player that short period of being pink is nothing. The people that have to worry are the ones that constantly cause team like the all to common "SOME MORON DROVE INTO MY TORPS" posters.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The secondary battery has not been able to cause damage to friendlies for quite some time. Only player controlled weapons are able to cause team damage. While it was not intentional the OP did take the last point of health which is automatic pink status. For the average player that short period of being pink is nothing. The people that have to worry are the ones that constantly cause team like the all to common "SOME MORON DROVE INTO MY TORPS" posters.

Hey, how many times did you get bitten putting that tux on the wolf lol?

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Hey, how many times did you get bitten putting that tux on the wolf lol?

None, he thinks he is James Bond. :Smile-_tongue:

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

None, he thinks he is James Bond. :Smile-_tongue:

You will have to excuse me, it is the end of a very long work week. I crammed a week of online training into two days..........I am a bit punch drunk about now.

• Cool 1