Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

My first game in the OKTYABRSKAYA REVOLUTSIYA.

38 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles

All I can say is WOW. If you like to play at lower tiers sometime and you are a competent battleship player, buy her before she is gone, she is worth it. In my first game, the team I was on was less than stellar. They all lemming trained out to the east side of the map leaving our base completely undefended. A Normandy, Texas, and Konig from the enemy team push into our base and start capping, it is up to myself and our CV to stop them. I nose in and close the range, they fire I take some damage and bounce a lot of shells. I uncover just enough for all my guns to punish them than nose back in. The CV is able to torpedo them perfectly because they can not maneuver to avoid the torpedoes because it will open a perfect broadside. Between the two of us, we delete the three battleships in a matter of minutes. I 100% recommend this ship if you were on the fence buy it, you won't regret it. If you heard this ship is not very good, whoever said it does not know how to play battleships, but it you won't regret it.

5af57dc5e7d8d_Screenshot(55).thumb.png.cb51ff3fe0fa8d69a5f1186e139cbb71.png

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,658 posts
25,685 battles

Ship is fugly but guns are good. Enjoy it.

I prefer Giulio at the tier, or even Texas, but Oktr is not a bad ship (have all three)

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

I have her, and she is situationally good.

But for Russian ships I prefer my Nikolai.

At Tier 5 I prefer my Ceasare.  

.... Or my Texas when I feel like sticking it to a CV.   Actually, Texas is somewhat underrated IMO, but that’s a separate thread.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
16 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I prefer Giulio at the tier, or even Texas, but Oktr is not a bad ship (have all three)

I have all three as well, Texas is AWESOME, I do not have enough games in the Guilio to have an educated opinion although early returns are promising. I know it was only one game in the October Revolution but it was such a blast.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,541 posts
3,751 battles

It's just how trollish the lack of superstructure can be vs HE, similar to the Fuso. As for GC or Oktr, the former uptiers very well, and has a very good package all around.

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,722 posts
8,237 battles

I would recommend GC since she seems to be more polyvalent but Gangut isn't bad at all. So far this ship is one of the best if not the best free ship WG gave us.

I must say, she's good against HE spam but her armor is kinda weak against AP. I really have a hard time angling with this ship . Guns are slow but they are really accurate for T5 and you have so many of them.

Alsoz don't be afraid to use HE if the ennemi is angled, it still a good fire starter thanks to the amount of shell you can throw 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
44 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I have her, and she is situationally good.

But for Russian ships I prefer my Nikolai.

At Tier 5 I prefer my Ceasare.  

.... Or my Texas when I feel like sticking it to a CV.   Actually, Texas is somewhat underrated IMO, but that’s a separate thread.

I love it when low tier carriers are determined to sink my Texas, it never ends well for them. With my Moskva captain in the October she is quite nasty lol. Grind that elite captain XP.

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

The fast cool down on the repair party is nice, I don't like that they are limited though.

Beta Testers
483 posts
3,923 battles

Ceasare is definitely the best tier 5 BB. The October Rev is alright. It's a hit or miss with me. If I had a choice between the 2 ships. Ceasare all the way. Wether they will offer that Italian beast again I dunno. Get it if they do.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
35 minutes ago, StoneGullet said:

Ceasare is definitely the best tier 5 BB. The October Rev is alright. It's a hit or miss with me. If I had a choice between the 2 ships. Ceasare all the way. Wether they will offer that Italian beast again I dunno. Get it if they do.

I had back surgery and was gone from the game for a year. When I came back the Ceasare was sitting in my port. Another reason I love wargaming.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Has it been buffed since release?  I got one through the missions last year and it didn't leave much of an impression.  Not bad, not great... just kind of meh.  Haven't played it for quite a while though.

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I would recommend GC since she seems to be more polyvalent but Gangut isn't bad at all. 

Polyvalent?

This word doesn't make any sense in this context.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
5 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Polyvalent?

This word doesn't make any sense in this context.

I have no idea what she was saying, I just assume she meant she liked the ship lol.

• Funny 1

[TASH]
Members
5,013 posts
8,076 battles

October Revolution is a perfect example of a ship that rewards good play, and at the same time, is unforgiving of poor play.   The damage control combined with the good armor (when angled, broadside and you die) makes the ship incredibly good for soaking damage up, so long as it is managed well.

[SF-3]
Members
1,502 posts
8,101 battles

I rather like the ship, lots of shells makes up for the accuracy. Low CD on the DCP is great as well. She can eat a lot of damage, but dish out the same. I don't know if I would pay for it, but I won it for free and enjoy playing it. I love the gaudy AF camo too.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
4 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Ship is fugly but guns are good. 

yup -- truely.  when u open the wiki page on ugly you'll see a picture of this beaten redheaded step child.  

Members
1,857 posts
8,777 battles

Oktober is good but Gulio is better.

AA specced Texas is also really good and almost every day at Tier 5 is Carrier Day.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
3 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Oktober is good but Gulio is better.

AA specced Texas is also really good and almost every day at Tier 5 is Carrier Day.

yeah -- no comparison.  driving Gulio is like ordering a cappuccino and cornetto, while taking in a view of the Eternal City from the Giardino degli Aranci

[IRISH]
Members
361 posts
7,192 battles

I have all 3 here is my prognosis.

Revoluskja: easy to kick [edited]in her..never get citadelled, I'm consistently landing multicits to cl's sometimes...slow guns, but you have a ton of them.got her for 12 bucks..:-)

GC: Very versatile,, maneuvers great, the better you are..the better the ship is...Guns are a little few..but they are accurate..got her for 12 bucks..:-)

Texas: I'm constantly Taunting both CV's in dual cv matches to come sink me..I laugh as I melt all those planes when players are uneducated about dont murse with Turxurse!!!! However can take forever to get to battle..and I have missed entire battles because I just couldn't get to it..slow as floch...I did pay the full 24 for her a while ago..but did get the Murica camo for 5 bucks..and the twitch camo and flag for free..plus credits and doubloons for that event...as well as Steam Supersale Doubloons for having her already in port..THNX WG!!!

WG really loves the texas....

[IXM]
Members
192 posts
3,441 battles

I do love the OR as well and that beautiful CCCP camo.  I am looking forward to putting that new Soviet commander I just got in there.  Speccing the Commander for Superintendent and Concealment Expert gives the ship a lot of survival options.  Those twelve 12" guns are amazing for punishing broadsides and if you spec for AA she can be pretty competitive, but still can't reach the Texas AA suite.

The OR is a really flexible ship and can do almost anything that you spec it for.  I really wish we could use this thing in operations.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
20 minutes ago, Kyralee said:

I do love the OR as well and that beautiful CCCP camo.

you've just verified that beauty is truely in the eyes of the beholder.  rock that CCCP camo brah -- don't let anyone tell you that it makes your butt look big.  

[WOLF9]
Members
3,239 posts
10 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Make sure you get the extra permanent camo for it!   It's SO FREAKING LOUD, that it makes the ship play better!  Honest!

To me, it plays like Lyon's mini-me, what with the funny turret arrangement, and the sheer glacial slowness of the traverse.   It is a pretty fun BB to play, though.

Sign in to follow this