You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gledr

atlanta costs to much

40 comments in this topic

[EREKT]
Members
57 posts
3,298 battles

Atlanta costs 9k gold while Scharnhorst only costs 9500, tier 6 cruisers cost 46-4700 with degrasse costing 5500 for who knows why. 

i would get the Scharnhorst but have Tirpitz so don't kneed it right now but Atlanta would be nice for U.S  ships . 

For same tier bb vs cruiser kii costs 12,900 and atago costs 10,700, its about an 18% difference 

With the same math at most Atlanta should cost 7,500 the most without being to greedy would be 8k why is it 9k. 

u could get Loyang for 8k for 5-7% more  u could get equal tiered bbs.

according to all their other pricings this should at higher than avg cost 8k at the most

Edited by gledr

[INTEL]
Members
8,577 posts
25,666 battles

Spend it. Once you learn how to play it, you will regard that as a modest outlay for years of fun. It's probably my favorite ship now that I have mastered it. Really tough to learn, but pays huge dividends for the team once you learn position play and how to make your shells land where you want them to.

I recommend you practice with it in Ultimate Frontier and Narai again and again. That will totally pay off in confidence in handling it, shooting skills, and positioning skills. 

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,230 battles

People will still buy the Atlanta, it is a ship that is highly desired and not available very often, so essentially wargaming is capitalizing on that.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,559 posts
3,751 battles

If I were you, I would wait. From time to time there are discounts on tech tree premium ships, and with the USN cruiser split approaching, there could be a chance some premiums will be discounted. Atlanta will stick around for a while, and you will receive prior notice before it leaves the tech tree again.

[PVE]
Members
1,603 posts
6,756 battles

Sure glad I purchased mine way back when and it was only 20+ something dollars on sale if I remember right. (could be wrong though, it may have been right at about $30.)(its been a while)(lol)

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles

Do you think there is any chance that WG would make some sort of campaign to earn one of these ships for free?

Personally, I doubt it, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

[EREKT]
Members
57 posts
3,298 battles
1 minute ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Do you think there is any chance that WG would make some sort of campaign to earn one of these ships for free?

there will be earn ops but probably more myokos. arp tier 7s seem to be the highest tiers they've had for earnables that ive seen

[ARGSY]
Members
6,266 posts
4,224 battles
52 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I recommend you practice with it in Ultimate Frontier and Narai again and again.

Last I heard, Operation Narai had been withdrawn indefinitely and was not being offered.

[INTEL]
Members
8,577 posts
25,666 battles
16 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Last I heard, Operation Narai had been withdrawn indefinitely and was not being offered.

They will bring it back after improving it.

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
1 minute ago, gledr said:

there will be earn ops but probably more myokos. arp tier 7s seem to be the highest tiers they've had for earnables that ive seen

Does Bismarck count?

[RLGN]
Members
8,243 posts
17,255 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

They will bring it back after improving it.

In other words; after making it impossible to win.

(Saw you in a fight about 2-am-ish Tai; I was driving the carrier, (Kaga, ) and I believe you were in a Okhotnik. Thought I recognized you!)

55 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If I were you, I would wait...

Until the OP has a lot more games played.

Atlanta is borderline overpowered in experienced hands, or all but useless and nothing more than a target, a detriment to a team, and a source of frustration to an inexperienced player.

High cost is an economic way of limiting the Atlanta’s influence in either case.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
793 posts
8,257 battles
14 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

They will bring it back after giving the bots laser guided napalm he shells.

FTFY

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,577 posts
25,666 battles
15 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

In other words; after making it impossible to win.

(Saw you in a fight about 2-am-ish Tai; I was driving the carrier, (Kaga, ) and I believe you were in a Okhotnik. Thought I recognized you!)

Yep, I potato'd hard. Saw Fushun in the MM but it was actually a Fujin as I found out when I charged it. Really need to read more closely.... 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
2 hours ago, gledr said:

Atlanta costs 9k gold while Scharnhorst only costs 9500, tier 6 cruisers cost 46-4700 with degrasse costing 5500 for who knows why. 

i would get the Scharnhorst but have Tirpitz so don't kneed it right now but Atlanta would be nice for U.S  ships . 

For same tier bb vs cruiser kii costs 12,900 and atago costs 10,700, its about an 18% difference 

With the same math at most Atlanta should cost 7,500 the most without being to greedy would be 8k why is it 9k. 

according to all their other pricings this should at higher than avg cost 8k at the most

Waaa... seriously? She's like devastating in the correct hands (not mine for sure). Put another way, "Look kid, the price is the price - either you want her or  you don't." 

Think of it like a fixed price, sometimes on sale. You could wait until they feel they've just about sold enough of them but that might entail you missing the chance to buy her. 

[RKN]
Beta Testers
996 posts
9,009 battles

She is pretty pricy, but I figured what the hell, most of these doubloons I got cheap anyway so she ended up only costing me like $15-$20 dollars.

[SBS]
Members
2,463 posts
2,253 battles

If you feel the ships is too expensive then you can wait for a possible sale at the US cruiser split or maybe a sale on doubloons. 

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

would you rather they didn't bring it back into the shop.  No one is making you buy it, WG may feel that those who really want it, will pay for it regardless.

[WORX]
Members
1,825 posts
12,872 battles

The Atl. she is worth it, of all the ships that WOWS made, the ATL is high in the fun and difficult to learn scale. I have never had buyers remurse in getting the ATL, always fun to play.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Get a Flint if you think she is too pricey..

For me she is worth it and it wasn’t worth the hazzle to get a Flint.

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,705 battles
2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

there is, it's called ranked

pass 3 times for a T7 premium, 5times for a T9

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

Got mine in a Santa 16 crate.  :Smile_glasses:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,048 posts
6,739 battles
8 hours ago, gledr said:

9K is worth it for the meme that IS the Atlanta

Members
9,961 posts
7 hours ago, gledr said:

No, the Takao was at Tier 8.

And yes, imho 9500 doubloons is too much for the Atlanta, but this is a business, and WG is about making money....People will pay it. 

If I were to buy it with the steam bundle doubloons it would cost about $18, much better price, but not worth it to me.

Edited by awiggin

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
8 hours ago, gledr said:

if it was cheap everyone would have one and than where would we be :Smile_teethhappy:

[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
86 posts
3,914 battles

Gled, if you get a chance ask bitterman what goes through his mind every time he sees me on the opposing team in my Atlanta. Then you'll know why its so worth the price.