You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

What causes bugged torpedo hits?

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,151 posts
3,141 battles

I was playing a ranked game in Akizuki and a wall of skill came at me. I was easily able to dodge, and the torpedoes weren't even close... according to what I saw. I'm very good at predicting and evading torpedoes, and this drop was no exception, but for some reason one hit me, and I died. It couldn't have been ping, because it was 32 at the time. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
16 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I was playing a ranked game in Akizuki and a wall of skill came at me. I was easily able to dodge, and the torpedoes weren't even close... according to what I saw. I'm very good at predicting and evading torpedoes, and this drop was no exception, but for some reason one hit me, and I died. It couldn't have been ping, because it was 32 at the time. 

Sometimes your the cat ....

Sometimes your the canary...

Members
1,151 posts
3,141 battles

Maybe I haven't offered enough sacrafices to the allmighty RNGesus, the one and only ruler of World of Warships, whom controls all things within game. 

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
2 hours ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

Probably server desync 

^ pretty much everytime with funky torps.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,361 posts
12,155 battles

Yep. Has to be desync. I've even seen hit and fire ribbons display before my first salvo hits a ship. It can be quite annoying...

[SIMP]
Members
1,020 posts

Server desync excuse = game wanted you to die to balance out teams/ make your team lose the match.

(RNG/AI felt this was a good time to 'cheat' and kill you because of number of torps thrown at you)

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

The other night I thought I was dead to a torp in my Akizuki, but it slid underneath me ( not a DW either), happened a few times that night, so I was thinking server issues, not that I was complaining.

[--V--]
Members
499 posts
10,756 battles

Had a similar issue.  2 salvos from a Fletcher the other day.  Dodged them both,, they were past me,,, then about 5 seconds later BANG,,, dead.  Hit by a torpedo from the Fletcher and sunk.   But there was no torpedo.  Go figure.