Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Guest chelle516

witch is better to play Random or Co-op

29 comments in this topic

Guest chelle516
0 posts

Im in tier 1 ship ? , in witch tier  do you start to gain experance points.

Thank you:

Chelle516

Members
142 posts

Only you can answer that. Random is more hectic but gets better experience.

Co-op is easier and less stressful, but experience and credit gain is garbage.

Members
439 posts
12,734 battles

If we're talking about tier 1, even a single co-op game is usually enough to fully research it, though randoms do give more.

[PVE]
Members
5,617 posts
18,205 battles

Well if you are just starting, you have to play in co-op. You need to earn some rank before you can play PvP if memory serves me. I don't remember what rank it is, probably around 8 or thereabouts on your service record. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
17 minutes ago, chelle516 said:

Im in tier 1 ship ? , in witch tier  do you start to gain experance points.

Thank you:

Chelle516

you get more EXP in randoms.  But Co-Op is a great place for a lower key gaming learning experience.   It also is a great place to learn to shoot.  The pesky bot ships are often a lot harder to hit than human driven shipixels.

Members
4,547 posts
6,460 battles

I just play both on a whim. Random tends to stress me so I only play a few a week.  Very selective when I play random. Certain times.  Co-op can be fun but it's NOT random. Just Fun.  However bots seem to be better these days IMO in co-op.  Not an auto win.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
12,986 battles
15 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well if you are just starting, you have to play in co-op. You need to earn some rank before you can play PvP if memory serves me. I don't remember what rank it is, probably around 8 or thereabouts on your service record. 

Rank 3. 

11 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

you get more EXP in randoms.  But Co-Op is a great place for a lower key gaming learning experience.   It also is a great place to learn to shoot.  The pesky bot ships are often a lot harder to hit than human driven shipixels.

But I would stick to co-op until you get the basics of aiming and dodging.  Once you feel comfortable at both THEN give random a try.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts

Depends on how big a glutton for punishment you are, lol.   Tier 1 Random matches have very few newbs playing them- a surprising number of players are actually FAR more experienced.  Heck, some have thousands of games in just tier 1's.

Co-op is an easier place to learn in for newer players, and more casual for not-so-new players.   With only 8 other humans,  chat is usually free from crap and rage posts, too.   Players will often cut you a lot of slack, if you tell them you're new and then act like it, lol.   We do get our share of turds sometimes, just like every other online game.

[PVE]
Members
1,606 posts
6,757 battles
15 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Rank 3. 

But I would stick to co-op until you get the basics of aiming and dodging.  Once you feel comfortable at both THEN give random a try.

and for the new guy, you need to also remember that every ship and shell type is going to be different, each one has their own distinctive flight time and arc, so aiming is a never ending learning process.

You can get through the tech trees and make creds and xp in co-op, it just may take you a little longer.  It all depends on how fast you want to go and how fast you think you need to get there.

Good luck out there no matter which way you choose to go ad do not ever be afraid to come here to the forum and ask a legitimate question for help, there are many out here that can and will answer you and give you genuine help.

Guest chelle516
0 posts

Thanks everyone thats a big help.:cap_book:

[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
3,822 battles

Until you get to service record level 3 you can only play in coop

until you get to service record level 12 or play a tier 4 ship you will only play against other “new” players which means they are also service level 12 or less.

but there is nothing keeping an experienced player from creating a new account to seal club new players in the sandbox.

Members
2,500 posts
5,479 battles

In CO-OP the enemy gets to be predictable in their attacks against you. It's good as you learn to aim and get into position and learn your way around.  But after a while you should try RANDOM as human players are not predictable as a whole and will trip you up when you think you have the upper hand.  You will have to sample both and work your way up as you get more skilled and plan your moves.  

[PVE]
Members
5,617 posts
18,205 battles
52 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Rank 3. 

Ahh thanks Hampton, didn't realize it was so low. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,249 posts
17,264 battles
1 hour ago, Poharan said:

Only you can answer that. Random is more hectic but gets better experience.

Co-op is easier and less stressful, but experience and credit gain is garbage.

Wouldn’t exactly say the earnings in Co-op are garbage; I can earn decent xp and credits playing it with mid tier ships.

Starting out though? Yeah, not so much; but I’ve always played with an attitude that as long as I don’t lose credits, then that’s a good result.

’More is better,’ as they say; but the question become is the stress of Randoms/PvP worth the additional credits and xp?

For me personally? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

1 hour ago, Dr_Dirt said:

This^^^

Co-op is good for learning, testing new ships, and once you figure out how to deal with the bots, a great place to go to just ‘bash things’ when you’ve had enough with serious games for the day.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,617 posts
18,205 battles
12 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Wouldn’t exactly say the earnings in Co-op are garbage; I can earn decent xp and credits playing it with mid tier ships.

I play PvE almost exclusively now, have since I got my first tier 5 ship (thereabouts) on the tech tree so about a year and a half. I have never had a credit problem, ever. The first time I even noticed credits was right at having 100 million and thought that I should try and keep that much banked. I thought about it when I hit 200 million, then 300 million.. I am closing in on 400 million and my goal it to keep banked 500 million credits since half a billion seems a nice bank balance. I actually was excited when they said that we could sell the ARP content but then read some threads and everyone was only getting 6-8 million for them and thought, that wasn't worth it. Will keep the ships and continue to use them as shopping carts for when modules go on sale.. I really never have understood the credit crunch everyone else talks about although I suppose if you run premium consumables or run up the tiers too fast, it could be a problem. The good thing about PvE play is you never have to run signals or premium consumables. BTW I play mostly tiers 2-7, rarely 8+. I find I have more fun at low tiers in co-op.  

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,249 posts
17,264 battles
16 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

BTW I play mostly tiers 2-7, rarely 8+. I find I have more fun at low tiers in co-op.  

Bogue; especially now that she’s 1-1-1 like Langley always was; is about the most fun I have in Co-op.

As long as the player team doesn’t tank so badly there’s just no chance; I can usually be certain of a win.

Games where the team does tank; and the odds are 3, 4, or even 5 or more to 1? (me.)

Those games are REALLY fun; because a win isn’t certain; even against the bots; and I have to work my squads and carrier as perfectly as possible just to stay alive. Winning in that situation only becomes certain when all the anklebiters are sunk, and it’s down to just me and the bot carrier.

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

Randoms will almost always give you more xp/credits per minute. Co op is good for playing stock ships, ships that you aren't comfortable in, testing new mods, checking your internet to see if it is stable. 

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,039 posts

It all depends on the witch.

The ones who fly on broomsticks like random.

The ones with the black cats like coop.

Which ones have you been hanging out with?

[PVE]
Members
5,617 posts
18,205 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Bogue; especially now that she’s 1-1-1 like Langley always was; is about the most fun I have in Co-op.

Yeah the Langley used to be my "go to" carrier but with the Bogue rework, that is my baby. It is the one ship I will take into PvP play when I need to accomplish something there for missions. She really is a good ship. I really wish they gave the Saipan a 1/1/1 loadout as an option too. I get bored with the 2/2 and the 3/1 is just stupid IMHO. Wouldn't be a good build for PvP but would make for great fun in PvE.

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
328 posts

PvE/Co-Op is much better for less stress/toxic gaming.... Unless there is a mission going on that PvP mains can swamp PvE/Co-Op with their toxicity.

Cirran

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
Members
6,433 posts
2,396 battles

Kiko's Delivery Service?  Yes please.

3 hours ago, wtfovr said:

until you get to service record level 12 or play a tier 4 ship you will only play against other “new” players which means they are also service level 12 or less.

It's through Level 10 now.  It was reduced a few patches back.

[BLUE_]
Members
5 posts
5,274 battles

Definitely random,  you are going against real players, plus you get more experience and credits.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,435 posts
3,370 battles
14 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

You're right, OP. Witch IS better. I choose... this one.

16-ctek-1831-Oct-Dec_kikisdeliveryservic

What about this kind of witches? xD

Spoiler

2433511-9830_strike_witches.jpg.85a6636b03bba46f099e8f8606cf661f.jpg

Sign in to follow this