You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

1st time since started playing WOWS in 2016...

23 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,854 posts
10,641 battles

...got a ship in a Super Container!!!! :Smile_great::Smile_great:

I have been pretty lucky with SC's since I joined. Have got more than my fair share of them and many with really good stuff but never got a ship (only ships have come in Santa crate SC's) until just now on a TYL. Got Murmansk which is actually fine with me as I like the Omaha ships. 

Very happy with this. Thanks WG. I almost went for a credit container as I have been doing mostly TYL for a while now and haven't got a super container in quite a while. Was my 3rd and last crate of the day and said screw it let's try TYL for all 3 and BINGO! LOL

SIXJk3Q.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 10

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,046 posts
10,456 battles

Congrats!

Murmansk ( and for that matter al of her Omaha related brethren ) was all the rage when the game was in closed and then open Beta.  Lke all tier 5 cruisers currently, it is a victim waiting for a random 3 citadel drive by to dev strike it.  Best tier 5 cruiser by far though, and it is fun to play.

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles

Gratz Thunder! I am surprised you didn't own the Murmansk, it is a fun ship and one of the first premiums I purchased. The thing I like best about all the Russian premium cruisersis you only need one captain (I use my Chappy captain) to pilot all of them and they still function quite well. Heck I even use him in my premium destroyers too, his skills transfer to all of them nicely. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,001 battles

Congrats AT (+1)

I hope you have better luck with her than I do.  I have a 54% WR with Omaha, 52% WR with Marblehead, and 37% with Murmansk (small sample, but still...)  I must be the exception to the Russian-bias thing.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
37 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have been pretty lucky with SC's since I joined. Have got more than my fair share of them and many with really good stuff but never got a ship (only ships have come in Santa crate SC's) until just now on a TYL. Got Murmansk which is actually fine with me as I like the Omaha ships. 

Very happy with this. Thanks WG. I almost went for a credit container as I have been doing mostly TYL for a while now and haven't got a super container in quite a while. Was my 3rd and last crate of the day and said screw it let's try TYL for all 3 and BINGO! LOL

Murmansk in-tier can really wreck Havoc. Congratulations for she is a very good ship! All the best!!

[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,984 battles
42 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

SIXJk3Q.jpg

So happy for you! :Smile_Default:

1,266 posts
13 battles

Congrats! I'm glad that you actually got a ship that you would enjoy. :)

Members
1,304 posts
21,078 battles

Well done.  I always pick TYL and have NEVER gotten a ship.  NEVER EVER EVER. 

[WOLF9]
Members
266 posts
3,893 battles

SC are like bigfoot.  Lots of tantalizing pictures that *may* prove their existence, but until I see one I will remain a skeptic.

Congrats on the ship though!

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
Members
946 posts
5,108 battles

All that luck with Santa and now this??   Can only be chalked up to clean living.  Congrats!

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,802 posts
9,845 battles

now I know where are all my good luck stolen goes to .... cursing!

congrat

nnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...... with super jealous shout voice at the corner!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles

Definitely Congratulations! I've played since CBT and have only gotten one ship from a super-container; so I know what a truly rare treat that is!

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

I'm still waiting for my first ship. I only get the defensive fire mod, radar mod, or AA flags in supercontainers. I really want the engine boost mod though :Smile_playing:

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,132 battles

I got a Giulio Cesare in a super container two nights ago.

I've now received three ships in super containers - the Krasny Krym, and the Leningrad to go with the Giulio. I am pretty damn lucky. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

SIXJk3Q.jpg

Congrats on the ship , Murmansk The big DD on steroids...it was my first premium and I own about 8 premium ships a bunch of Tier ships and 2 X ships , Murmansk is still my favorite ship to play ,2600 games in it and with a 52% win rate that’s not changing much now

have gotten 2 solo warriors in her a bunch of Krakens and other stuff

the Murmansk has the best rudder shift of any Cruiser any tier in Game, that’s it’s strength avoiding shots at 10 k+ and “must” be played with this in mind,run the speed flag that gives 5% speed increase and helps with maneuvering,she is fradgile that’s its weak spot, I use the spotter plane and gives you just over 17 k range and is great for campers, run as much stuff to start fires , I’ve got the special Captain in her now so it’s the best she can be when at 19

the one negative is this MM sucks so many games your facing Vll ships and have been in many battles with Vll Cruisers and I’ll get 30 40 hits they get 15-20 and I’m sunk, such is life, still a fun ship .. enjoy!

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles
1 hour ago, NotoriousRNG said:

I got a Giulio Cesare in a super container two nights ago.

I've now received three ships in super containers - the Krasny Krym, and the Leningrad to go with the Giulio. I am pretty damn lucky. 

You realize the rest of us hate you now.......

J/K congrats on a great streak of luck!  The KK gets lots of hate but she is super fun in PvE IMHO.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,802 posts
9,845 battles
8 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Very happy with this

since there are a positive energy flowing around, i decided to also try TYL at the last container of the day .... and BOOM 750 FREEXP

I only normal get 500 FreeXP here and there, so very happy with today pick from the TYL

n0zQxZr.jpg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,854 posts
10,641 battles

Thanks all. As I said I have been blessed with more than my fair share of regular daily crate SC's but never got a ship from one. I absolutely killed in in the Santa crates last year on ships  but that is different. Was shocked to see a ship come up truth be told and as I did not expect one (always in your mind hoping = come on Konig Albert LOL) was hoping for 50K FreeXP which I get quite often. I about fell out of my chair when the ship came up LOL.

10 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Gratz Thunder! I am surprised you didn't own the Murmansk, it is a fun ship and one of the first premiums I purchased. The thing I like best about all the Russian premium cruisersis you only need one captain (I use my Chappy captain) to pilot all of them and they still function quite well. Heck I even use him in my premium destroyers too, his skills transfer to all of them nicely. 

Before the Santa crates this past year I had 4 Premiums in port. Just never bought any really. Got Hood as soon as it was offered the 2nd time (missed it originally when I was sick and not playing) and then bought HSF Graf Spee in a deal I couldn't pass up and Tirpitz on sale. That was it other than Vampire which I won, Katori I won and sold, and Emden from earlier Santa crates I sold. Just didn't get into the Premium thing. I now have like 50 Premium ships LOL. Should have got into them long ago as it is a huge help for PVE players with the increased rewards and elite XP. 

Played Murmansk one game last night. 1st place, excellent rewards, and a fun game. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,255 battles

I hardly ever get SC’s.  I can count on one hand the number I’ve gotten in 2018, and still have fingers left.

But it’s ok.  It’s a nice treat when I get one. I don’t think it’s something I’m entitled to.  My favorites are the 50k Free xp.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

Congrats Thunder for getting a ship, and for getting a good ship to boot!   Well-deserved

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
12 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Congrats!

Murmansk ( and for that matter al of her Omaha related brethren ) was all the rage when the game was in closed and then open Beta.  Lke all tier 5 cruisers currently, it is a victim waiting for a random 3 citadel drive by to dev strike it.  Best tier 5 cruiser by far though, and it is fun to play.

I will take the Kirov over the Omaha or any of its brethren any day. That said the Omaha can dominate a match, people give it no respect because she is a WW1 era ship.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

Congrats Admiral Thunder, you will have a lot of fun with her.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

Cool I got mine in a Santa 16 crate ... Cone to think of it a lot of others as well. :Smile_great:

And those forward firing guns :cap_rambo:

Edited by InventedThought