You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ratt35

I Used to Care About My WTR Until I Started Playing Ranked

12 comments in this topic

[VX9]
[VX9]
Members
17 posts
4,979 battles

So as you all can see, I will have a decent WTR posted as a signature. It's not by any means the best, but I'm proud of it. I have had this account since day 1 and I didn't do any of those fancy stat re-rolls either. So all of the stats contain my crazy fun rushes up the middle in Two-Brothers, all the way to back early on when I completely sucked and also didn't really give a care about stats or the game in general. Of course I evolved into caring more about them and wanting to improve them after I got better at the game and joined a clan (note that my clan mates are fantastic and not a single one of them has even thought to pressure me into improving my stats. We are all a happy family).

With that said, I started playing ranked after skipping last season due to having a focus on school and clan wars. I started out fairly strong and soon found myself as being "unicum" (not sure what that means I'm still new to the rating system).

Well. About 10 or so battles later I kissed all those lovely stats goodbye. It seems that every other match ends in disaster. I've lost 5 in a row more times than I'd care to admit. I haven't had much luck in Randoms recently either but I've also not been focusing on them as much since I really want to do good in Ranked this season.

I wonder if it is me or if I just get terrible luck with incoherent teams. Maybe I should just play with clan mates to at least reduce the chances of getting incompetent players? Maybe I'm incompetent? These recent events have me questioning my own abilities as a player now.

But to elaborate, I've been in matches where CA's will just openly sail broadside to 2 or more BB's. Or matches where BB's get dominated by a cruiser simply because the cruiser happened to have a torp armament and rushed them. Or teams where 3 or 4 players will have a cap to themselves and still sail completely around the map to take their sweet time getting in to support the remaining ships stuck behind at the other cap. I don't know guys. Maybe it's just me though. I could be the one that's terrible.

RIP WTR you were good while you lasted.

I've forced myself to not care anymore. Not only about my Ranked WTR but my Randoms too.

Goodluck in Ranked this season everyone. I hope this rant is relatable at the very least.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

Ranked shouldn't be hitting your WR like that.  And if you are losing that much in ranked you probably need to reevaluate your strategy.  It is not random.  Try again.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

What ship(s) are you playing in ranked?

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,646 battles
23 minutes ago, Ratt35 said:

So as you all can see, I will have a decent WTR posted as a signature. It's not by any means the best, but I'm proud of it. I have had this account since day 1 and I didn't do any of those fancy stat re-rolls either. So all of the stats contain my crazy fun rushes up the middle in Two-Brothers, all the way to back early on when I completely sucked and also didn't really give a care about stats or the game in general. Of course I evolved into caring more about them and wanting to improve them after I got better at the game and joined a clan (note that my clan mates are fantastic and not a single one of them has even thought to pressure me into improving my stats. We are all a happy family).

With that said, I started playing ranked after skipping last season due to having a focus on school and clan wars. I started out fairly strong and soon found myself as being "unicum" (not sure what that means I'm still new to the rating system).

Well. About 10 or so battles later I kissed all those lovely stats goodbye. It seems that every other match ends in disaster. I've lost 5 in a row more times than I'd care to admit. I haven't had much luck in Randoms recently either but I've also not been focusing on them as much since I really want to do good in Ranked this season.

I wonder if it is me or if I just get terrible luck with incoherent teams. Maybe I should just play with clan mates to at least reduce the chances of getting incompetent players? Maybe I'm incompetent? These recent events have me questioning my own abilities as a player now.

But to elaborate, I've been in matches where CA's will just openly sail broadside to 2 or more BB's. Or matches where BB's get dominated by a cruiser simply because the cruiser happened to have a torp armament and rushed them. Or teams where 3 or 4 players will have a cap to themselves and still sail completely around the map to take their sweet time getting in to support the remaining ships stuck behind at the other cap. I don't know guys. Maybe it's just me though. I could be the one that's terrible.

RIP WTR you were good while you lasted.

I've forced myself to not care anymore. Not only about my Ranked WTR but my Randoms too.

Goodluck in Ranked this season everyone. I hope this rant is relatable at the very least.

If you play DD in ranked WTR means nothing playing a perfect game where you took a couple solo caps got a kill or 2 spotted for team and get crazy spotting damage will earn you little but the win after rank 10 seriously playing DD right at higher ranks gets you little compared to cruisers or BB who can get 100 000 + pretty easy and not risk their ships don't worry about it though play for the team that's what counts in ranked

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

Prein is nuts...  but we like him; I especially enjoy blowing him up and watching him [edited] in chat.

Edited by BullHalsey

[LANCE]
Members
311 posts
3,272 battles

I’ve found in ranked that if you get on a losing streak (3-4 matches) go do something else for 20-30 mins. I’m not the best player so sometimes I get carried, sometimes I have an epic game (by my standards anyway). Thing to remember is if you keep clicking battle after loss, chances are you’ll end up with the group of same players again. Sometimes you just don’t “gel” with those players .... simple as that!

Good luck mate and keep fighting on!

[ARRGG]
Members
38 posts
6,347 battles
13 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

I’ve found in ranked that if you get on a losing streak (3-4 matches) go do something else for 20-30 mins. I’m not the best player so sometimes I get carried, sometimes I have an epic game (by my standards anyway).

This is me exactly.....sometime I hand heads to everybody and sometimes I am aced out before I get full speed. Generally in ranked if I string a couple of victories together, I will back out and go do some random or operations....then come back to ranked. On the roulette wheel of MM, this strategy seems to line me up with better team mates overall.  If I play ranked straight thru for hours it usually ends up being 2 steps forward 3 steps back.

• Cool 2

[VX9]
[VX9]
Members
17 posts
4,979 battles
16 hours ago, BullHalsey said:

Ranked shouldn't be hitting your WR like that.  And if you are losing that much in ranked you probably need to reevaluate your strategy.  It is not random.  Try again.

I am very aware that Ranked and Randoms are two separate WTR's. My randoms recent WTR is actually not that good right now because I haven't been playing it much and the little I have played, I haven't won a lot (I may have sunk in 10 matches in the last week are so and that's it).

As far as Ranked, my Ranked WTR actually was unicum until the loosing streak. As far as reevaluate my strategy? I'm confused as to what you mean considering that I usually don't have an issue with surviving matches (unless I'm a DD) and I can only do so much. I've had 2 matches that I know of where I was the only one that got the team's kills in, with one match as me playing as the Amagi taking one last desperate shot before I died to kill the other team's Amagi to help my team more.

I also don't abandon the team and go off and do my own thing.

With that said, I'm not too sure how much more I can do? One person can't win the match by themselves my friend.

To answer your question, I usually play either an Amagi or Bismarck (I some reason don't like playing Tirpitz. I feel that if I know I have torpedos I'll play more recklessly). If I'm not in a BB, I'm in my Benson or my Loyang and occasionally my Harakaze. Though I stick to Benson I little more since I worked it's detection down to 5.8

Edited by Ratt35
Had to reply to your question.

[VX9]
[VX9]
Members
17 posts
4,979 battles
2 hours ago, MentalTossFlycoon said:

This is me exactly.....sometime I hand heads to everybody and sometimes I am aced out before I get full speed. Generally in ranked if I string a couple of victories together, I will back out and go do some random or operations....then come back to ranked. On the roulette wheel of MM, this strategy seems to line me up with better team mates overall.  If I play ranked straight thru for hours it usually ends up being 2 steps forward 3 steps back.

I feel that exactly. Some days I get on and immediately lose my first two matches in ranked and then I just get demotivated and get off of Ships. Maybe I just give up to easily though I'm not sure. Honestly I think my moral hit stems from the fact that I used to have a good WTR until recently and I constantly see stupid mistakes players make and it makes me verbally say, "Oh my God" to my screen. I mean it's one thing to make a mistake that anyone could make, but I'm talking about the little mistakes. The kind that generally is broken in and done away with by the time you get to this tier.

The sad thing is that I know I'm not a terrible player. I mean, I'm not the best there is by any stretch, but I'm not terrible. So to lose because of overall team mediocrity is really what erks me. As I said above. One person can't win the match and when you only have maybe 3 players willing to work together, the match can quickly become a disaster unless you get really lucky or the enemy team is just somehow worse.

[STW-M]
Members
2,097 posts
5,894 battles

Frankly, WTR and the website that hosts it are so wonky (oftentimes there are random 10-20 point drops, and I've heard some reports of even 100 pt drops) that I've decided to follow WoWs-Numbers instead.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
On 5/11/2018 at 12:39 PM, Ratt35 said:

I am very aware that Ranked and Randoms are two separate WTR's. My randoms recent WTR is actually not that good right now because I haven't been playing it much and the little I have played, I haven't won a lot (I may have sunk in 10 matches in the last week are so and that's it).

As far as Ranked, my Ranked WTR actually was unicum until the loosing streak. As far as reevaluate my strategy? I'm confused as to what you mean considering that I usually don't have an issue with surviving matches (unless I'm a DD) and I can only do so much. I've had 2 matches that I know of where I was the only one that got the team's kills in, with one match as me playing as the Amagi taking one last desperate shot before I died to kill the other team's Amagi to help my team more.

I also don't abandon the team and go off and do my own thing.

With that said, I'm not too sure how much more I can do? One person can't win the match by themselves my friend.

To answer your question, I usually play either an Amagi or Bismarck (I some reason don't like playing Tirpitz. I feel that if I know I have torpedos I'll play more recklessly). If I'm not in a BB, I'm in my Benson or my Loyang and occasionally my Harakaze. Though I stick to Benson I little more since I worked it's detection down to 5.8

Amagi is awesome; I run a hybrid main batt/secondary build with both the dispersion module and man secs.  Secondaries with the signal flag are 6.6km and open up with truly deadly results.  I mean they will devastate a full HP destroyer in Seconds.  Seriously nasty results when they get that close thinking they are safe. Great ranked boat for T8, though I have never gone past R5.  Not that into it, i.e. not going to play 300+ ranked battles with all the frustration that entails.  I suppose that's what our discussion comes down to; do you swallow the aggravation or not?  Personally, I have to date left that for others.  I understand that there is only so much one player can do, you are correct.

Edited by BullHalsey
  • Cool 1

[VX9]
[VX9]
Members
17 posts
4,979 battles
2 hours ago, BullHalsey said:

Amagi is awesome; I run a hybrid main batt/secondary build with both the dispersion module and man secs.  Secondaries with the signal flag are 6.6km and open up with truly deadly results.  I mean they will devastate a full HP destroyer in Seconds.  Seriously nasty results when they get that close thinking they are safe. Great ranked boat for T8, though I have never gone past R5.  Not that into it, i.e. not going to play 300+ ranked battles with all the frustration that entails.  I suppose that's what our discussion comes down to; do you swallow the aggravation or not?  Personally, I have to date left that for others.  I understand that there is only so much one player can do, you are correct.

I believe I run the Amagi with the dispersion mod as well. It's like a shotgun at that tier.

Haven't played recently but I did have a decent winning streak last I played. It's always hit or miss. But eh this was just a rant post to complain about how mediocre teams have been lately (not sure as of super recent though).

One of these days maybe I'll get the reward ship for winning 3 ranked season xD