Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Any other premiums like Anshan?

15 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I just checked every single premium I have (which isn't everything but it's exactly thirty ships(! yikes !) ) and the Anshan has one unique feature over all my other premiums. 

It has an upgrade available to it. Torpedo upgrade to be exact. Now I never noticed it being there as the arrow pointing down to it and the upgrade image itself being rather low in the display, I never saw it. Yet I kept seeing folks saying the Anshan had 8.0km torps. "Not mine!" I kept thinking. So I went looking and sure enough, there was the upgrade. 

No cost. Just click it. 

This of course made me wonder - are their any other premiums which have a selectable upgrade available to them? 

tiafyc

Members
440 posts
12,808 battles

HSF Harekaze has a few hull options that each come with different guns.

[WPP]
Members
519 posts
5,480 battles

Saipan has 3-0-1 and 2-2-0 aerial groupings.

Edited by galspanic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well tickle me pink, elmo... so mostly dds... and the carrier(s). Humph.

Never gave it much thought but I suppose options do make sense! 

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles
17 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I just checked every single premium I have (which isn't everything but it's exactly thirty ships(! yikes !) ) and the Anshan has one unique feature over all my other premiums. 

It has an upgrade available to it. Torpedo upgrade to be exact. Now I never noticed it being there as the arrow pointing down to it and the upgrade image itself being rather low in the display, I never saw it. Yet I kept seeing folks saying the Anshan had 8.0km torps. "Not mine!" I kept thinking. So I went looking and sure enough, there was the upgrade. 

No cost. Just click it. 

This of course made me wonder - are their any other premiums which have a selectable upgrade available to them? 

tiafyc

Anshan has a free XP boost, which most other premiums do not. That to me is its useful unique feature. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

sims

lo yang

Anshan

and kinda sorta Saipan.  although in this case its just a drivers choice between AS oriented and strike oriented modules

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
16 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Anshan has a free XP boost, which most other premiums do not. That to me is its useful unique feature. 

sims also has a inflated EXP gaining ability as well.  came in very handy during the Ranked T7 season for hanging onto a star in a losing match.

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
20 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

sims also has a inflated EXP gaining ability as well.  came in very handy during the Ranked T7 season for hanging onto a star in a losing match.

Are you sure (I don't have it so can't compare)? XP to retain a star is a base XP comparison. Is the Sims XP boost added at end after base XP is calculated or is it some kind of base XP booster. I'm thinking it is probably an afterwards thing as most bonuses are based off of the base XP...but again I don't have it so can't compare.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

go back a year or so in the forum threads and u can read all about Sims and the T7 ranked season and its star retention ability due to its ease in racking exp.  do noting but cap and you'll have a nice bag of EXP in the Sims. 

however, the only time I've really enjoyed Sims was in ranked.  No tier spread.  Randoms where its facing a lot of higher tier DDs -- its kind of a meh.  

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
24 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Are you sure (I don't have it so can't compare)? XP to retain a star is a base XP comparison. Is the Sims XP boost added at end after base XP is calculated or is it some kind of base XP booster. I'm thinking it is probably an afterwards thing as most bonuses are based off of the base XP...but again I don't have it so can't compare.

heres one of the threads that talk about the Sims uncanny exp earning ability 

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/73452-does-the-sims-still-have-her-improved-xp-multiplier/

also Flamu from the last Tier 7 season.  he talks about the Sims exp thingy about 10:30 - 11 (or so) in this vid.

Members
93 posts
8,270 battles

Anshan needs something because brother, this ship is a mutt.

Sign in to follow this