You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

37 comments in this topic

[RO-I]
Members
340 posts

Many issue and wg/wows fail to see many issue and seem to never fix the big ones. (sorry or so it seems:-)

I have well over 200 ships in port. Most all people on the planet (except Russia I'll assume) expect a warranty of use, usability and durability (among others). You refuse to offer anything to your customer.

A 7 day return policy should be started. Digital items have no inherent value to begin and with wordy salesmanship tactics and vague promises of fun and proportionate use, you sell items that many people will not or can't enjoy.

Of course I've checked in your own forums, YouTube and other sources and find a return policy is really needed. Of course, I see if offering a steam of mediocre ships might kill the business. So it might be better for all to limit the mediocre and offer 'fun' and 'entertaining' ships.  One ship or type of ship will never please everyone, but 'game' makers need to appear to be trying on this gamesmanship  front.

I'm very offended to read 'your' new ship reports and find, that the ship is actually quite awful. Then find some reviewer saying what you know about the offending ship. My money is gone and I've learned to hate and mistrust Wargaming/World of War Ships. When customer pays 'YOU' $40/50/60/70/80/90 or a $100 dollars for single digital ship...it can become a real hate.

A 7 day return policy...is that reasonable?

Any thoughts.....

Thanks

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

You ARE allowed a refund if you haven't played in the ship yet. WG customer service is actually quite good. 

If for some reason you're having buyer's remorse, that's your own fault. There are plenty of reviews  available and ways to evaluate what you're getting before you pull the trigger. 

Some have suggested a rental system. While I wouldn't be opposed to that, WG might have determined that it hurts sales. They're still in the business of making money... as all businesses are. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,784 posts
9,801 battles
1 minute ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

ARE allowed a refund if you haven't played in the ship yet

it the same for any other items, if you don't use it, it can be refund. But if already used, it could be abuse and sorry no refund. I agreed!

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,438 battles

There are SO MANY reviews about a ship, sometimes several are done by the same reviewer as it moves through development until final release.  @LittleWhiteMouse is very meticulous in documenting changes to a ship during development, and tries to offer more than just opinion or "feel" in regards to a ships performance.  I just bought the Asashio, based on not just one review, but three written reviews and two video reviews.  It's performance is almost exactly in line with my expectations after reading trusted review sources, but if I didn't like it, I wouldn't be demanding a refund, because I had every opportunity to check it's stats and performance before I bought it. 

I am actually sorry that you got a ship that you didn't end up liking, maybe they will eventually allow people to do a 50% trade in like they did with World of Tanks on unpopular premium tanks.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,039 posts
17,659 battles

It's really simple.  Never blindly buy a premium ship without reading a number of written reviews (particularly LittleWhiteMouse's) and watching some video reviews.

Members
1,786 posts
5,663 battles

Exactly that is why they release ships to testers, to review. BUYER BE WARE!!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
1 hour ago, tincan_SC said:

No; it is not reasonable.

[SOFOP]
Members
228 posts
3,510 battles

Let people rent ships for a day or so.  Say if the ship costs 9k...you can rent it for a day for like 300.  Give it a try and see how you like it.  Not for you?  Don't buy it.

Video reviews are all well and good, but hands in experience can not be beat.

This also may make them MORE money over time.  I know I won't be buying those 20..30..40 dollar ships.  But if a mission requires, say a T6 Russia boat and I don't have one...I may pay a little to rent it for a day or two. 

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles

The policy should be changed to allow for one battle and if you don't like then it can be returned. I honestly like the 7 day return policy the op is proposing here. I am suggesting 1 battle as that is likely what Wg would do if anything. I do read and watch videos , but does the average wows player do this? I would think not sadly. So hat could be done is that Wargaming links the CC videos of it's most trusted CC's to the sales announcement articles they put out and of course include a link to the Littlewhitemouse reviews. I am very surprised that there isn't a Littlewhitemouse and Lert corner on the main website. This is just me trying to think of a solution here, take it for what you will.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
2 hours ago, tincan_SC said:

If there is no ability to test the ship via either the PTS or, as Baldy above suggests via a rental period, than its completely reasonable.  

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

until there is a rational approach to the sales of virtual products in this game -- ie via something as simple as a test driving capability -- I would suggest to anyone thinking of spending cash on a premium to take a look at the various forum reviews by folks like white mouse.  also get onto youtube as there are typically a lot of community contributor videos reviewing premium ships.  do your Due diligence before spending your money.  its not a guarantee that you'll like the ship, but at least you've reviewed what info is available on these things before purchasing them.  

[RO-I]
Members
340 posts
15 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

until there is a rational approach to the sales of virtual products in this game -- ie via something as simple as a test driving capability -- I would suggest to anyone thinking of spending cash on a premium to take a look at the various forum reviews by folks like white mouse.  also get onto youtube as there are typically a lot of community contributor videos reviewing premium ships.  do your Due diligence before spending your money.  its not a guarantee that you'll like the ship, but at least you've reviewed what info is available on these things before purchasing them.  

Reviews are useless to 'YOU' the buyer. Many things may or may not work for you; at all. Would you buy a car (automobile) without driving it? I like Fords but many do not. Take any ship, say the Missouri. Some say its a great ship and really earns the 'coin'. Others, its a mess, an Albatross of a ship.

But wow...to keep protecting and supporting a company with so many issues. For me and others: Customer service is flatly useless and non-supportive. Their answers are just 'cut and paste' and have little to no understanding of English and what's being asked for the most part. All seem to be able to read English but understanding it, is over most of their heads. Most of customer service dialogue is stilted and rehearsed (the cut and paste business). Some is painfully funny. 

Again, this is digital fantasy stuff, it has no value in any real world scenario. Renting for a dew days would work but this blind unjust, dishonest, and immoral edict from any company is wrong to follow. All things need to adjust. 

Remembering: turning off your device and its all gone. Asking to 'test' before taking my $100 dollars is sensible, reasonable and necessary. Believing a seller words is none of these things. 

Edited by tincan_SC
change seems to seem

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 minute ago, tincan_SC said:

But wow...to keep protecting and supporting a company with so many issues. For me and others: Customer service is flatly useless and non-supportive. Their answers are just 'cut and paste' and have little to no understanding of English and what's being asked for the most part. All seems to be able to read English but understanding it, is over most of their heads. Most of customer service dialogue is stilted and rehearsed (the cut and paste business). Some is painfully funny. 

if you're suggesting I'm some how defending\supporting WGs decision to not allow play testing of premiums I'd say you have a reading comprehension issue.  But whatever.  Don't buy premium ships if your so angry about you pixel choices.   

[RO-I]
Members
340 posts
16 hours ago, Umikami said:

No; it is not reasonable.

You're positively wrong, mate.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
1 minute ago, tincan_SC said:

You're positively wrong, mate.

Well, that's certainly an opinion. Remember, opinions are like buttocks; everybody has one, and everyone else's stinks.

[RO-I]
Members
340 posts
1 minute ago, Dr_Dirt said:

if you're suggesting I'm some how defending\supporting WGs decision to not allow play testing of premiums I'd say you have a reading comprehension issue.  But whatever.  Don't buy premium ships if your so angry about you pixel choices.   

Test or trying out before buying....the word from its maker is far from an honest and impartial one and its not just premium. Comprehension issue?: sorry mate, is US English a second language? Where British English needs an interpreter assigned to it. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

RESEARCH 

This one word is key to satisfaction.

In my Opinion the ships should be available for a test ride in the Premium Shop not on your account. {1 Test drive per account per ship} 5 min run through the gauntlet.

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
348 posts
8,806 battles

horrible is all eye of the beholder. No ship is bad. Its player or captain can be bad. Most people think ships are horrible because they dont play them correctly.

So NO, 7 day return is not needed. There are plenty of review sources so check before you buy or else feel buyers remorse.

I have well over 200 ships in port. Most all people on the planet (except Russia I'll assume) expect a warranty of use, usability and durability (among others). You refuse to offer anything to your customer.

- No one cares how many ships you have in port. It does NOT mean your opinion is more valid then anyone else. No one cares if your a "whale" and spend lots of money on the game. Your opinion is the same as anyone else's. 

A 7 day return policy should be started. Digital items have no inherent value to begin and with wordy salesmanship tactics and vague promises of fun and proportionate use, you sell items that many people will not or can't enjoy.

-Every item they sale can and will be used by any and all players. Dont know where your getting this lie from. This right here makes your entire argument invalid as your clearly bat crapcrazy.

Of course I've checked in your own forums, YouTube and other sources and find a return policy is really needed. Of course, I see if offering a steam of mediocre ships might kill the business. So it might be better for all to limit the mediocre and offer 'fun' and 'entertaining' ships.  One ship or type of ship will never please everyone, but 'game' makers need to appear to be trying on this gamesmanship  front.

- A return policy is not needed. This isnt Sears or Walmart. Digital goods work differently then physical goods.

I'm very offended to read 'your' new ship reports and find, that the ship is actually quite awful. Then find some reviewer saying what you know about the offending ship. My money is gone and I've learned to hate and mistrust Wargaming/World of War Ships. When customer pays 'YOU' $40/50/60/70/80/90 or a $100 dollars for single digital ship...it can become a real hate.

-WG is probably offended you read their review and didnt understand what it meant and then sucked playing the ship in a way its not meant to be played. WG probably is offended that your blaming the ship for bad play from teammates.

All OP is doing with this post is trying to start a riot to strong arm WG into something. I see this on Reddit all the time. Crap like this is why developers see peoples feedback and then promptly ignore it. ROFL. Life isn't fair and you dont run the world. Get over it and get used to it. If OP was WG he wouldn't be acting this way. He'd be counting his money like Scrooge while finding more ways to gouge money out of players.

Edited by MackDye

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

Buyer Beware.

Many a review, many a comment in the forums when it is first released.  It is on you who pressed the button to buy, no one else.

If a ship fails to live up to your expectations, then I can see where you are coming from, but seeing as you have used it, WG covers themselves by "if used no refunds"

So what do you do?   More research before you press the buy now button.

[RO-I]
Members
340 posts

Pointless to ask or point out anything in a wargaming forum. Just hate and [edited]. You people.....(I chuckle but have nothing for ya)...Bill Burr is on point: thin the herd, the planet only needs about 30,000 people.

[RO-I]
Members
340 posts
6 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

RESEARCH 

This one word is key to satisfaction.

In my Opinion the ships should be available for a test ride in the Premium Shop not on your account. {1 Test drive per account per ship} 5 min run through the gauntlet.

Yes...works for me and others I'm sure. Tks mate.

[WORX]
Members
1,823 posts
12,861 battles

Considering there is about 265 ship? total now in WOWS? From tier 1 -10 including premiums and that number is more when you include ships that never made it pass beta testing. That said, I never had an issue where I wanted to return a ship after i used it.  A 7 day return policy maybe good for 

• clothing item,
  • kitchen item, 
  • a office item.

WOWS has a return policy in place which is efficient and very good from those who used it. So to answer your question, IMO there is no need for a 7 day return policy on WOWS services. In other games, sells are final. So I think WOWS at least give you (if you follow the guide lines on there return policy) the opportunity to return a ship you don't like. 

GL/HF.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
16 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Let people rent ships for a day or so.  Say if the ship costs 9k...you can rent it for a day for like 300.  Give it a try and see how you like it.  Not for you?  Don't buy it.

Video reviews are all well and good, but hands in experience can not be beat.

This also may make them MORE money over time.  I know I won't be buying those 20..30..40 dollar ships.  But if a mission requires, say a T6 Russia boat and I don't have one...I may pay a little to rent it for a day or two. 

I'd like to caveat off this idea. WGing could make it a one time rental. That way they are still making money and we players can't abuse the system by say renting the Atlanta for when a favorable OP of the week comes along for which it's suited to.

Members
1,866 posts

I can't test drive the ships, but I fight against them and see how the do in battle. Few premiums are really bad ships. If I love the history of the ship, actual performance is less important. Some are OK, but I just don't like the way they play. I have a bunch of ships already, so at this point, a premium has to be pretty special or fun for me to buy it.

[SOFOP]
Members
228 posts
3,510 battles

Really not sure why people are so adamant against a rental or "after use" return policy.  Is it because you are already beyond the point of return on the ships you have, and would be jealous that other's may get to try before they buy? Serious question.  Seems odd that a real world return policy at a store (where the costs to produce the product is much higher) is more lenient than a virtual goods market, where everything can be reproduced for free at will (note I said reproduced, I understand there are production costs).  I see no legitimate reason why a return policy or rental couldn't happen.  For the rental, heck, restrict them to co-op or the training room, no XP or credits...whatever.

I understand that its buyer beware, and this is a big reason I have not purchased a ship here.  I know I can't return it, so I have decided to not spend (except for what I spent on the Texas, and only then because I knew I'd get doubloons for it because I already got the Texas from an invite thing).

Almost every real world product let's you touch and feel it before you buy it (maybe not off Amazon, but us old folks remember when you had to actually go to a "store").  I don't see why I shouldn't be able to give a ship a test drive before buying it...see if I like the feel.  The rental program is already in game, so no programming required (or at least not much).  My bet would be they would see an increase in purchases if they did this, which benefits us all.

Youtube and reviews are all well and good.  Some of them are great and insanely helpful.  You just can't not beat first hand experience.