Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

Betting this ship never gets sold again.....

23 comments in this topic

Members
9,962 posts

Not only is it the top performing tier 5 BB in every category, it's out performs all tier 6 BB's too...:Smile_teethhappy:

I5TaKjM.png

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles

I've said this before.

The problem with the GC is that they created a version of this ship based on the 1930's full reconstruction that has a speed of around 27-ish kts (don't remember the exact number and 10 guns), rather than its original 1910's version which had a speed around 21-ish kts and 13 guns.  The GC is arguably a tier 5.5, or possibly even a tier 6 with that combo of speed and guns.  The only tier 5 BB that can match its speed is the Kongo, which actually started life as a battlecruiser.  All of the legit tier 5 BBs are all 21-ish kts in speed.

That said, yes, the GC is outpacing some tier 6 BBs in the data above, but remember that it gets to face some tier 4 opposition on occasion, and I'm sure that a good player in a GC can really kick some behind when top tier.

• Boring 1

[WPP]
Members
515 posts
5,421 battles

Maybe they will give them out to players who haven't logged on in 3+ months... again.  That's how I got mine.
And yeah, I don't want to see more of them ever.

(My GC win rate is 6% higher than my overall win rate.  That's statistically a lot)

Edited by galspanic

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

I don't always drive Italian Ships...but when I do I prefer Giulio Cesare

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Yeah, I figured that out within my first few games of playing her right after she came out.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,421 posts
2,387 battles

I figured that out right after facing a few of them.  Nasty bote.

But what about Texas?  Not enough battles for the list?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles

GC is one of those ships that doesn't click with me. I know everyone loves it and thinks it is OP and all but it is just meh for me. Much prefer Konig and NY/TX at T5.

[LOU1]
Members
3,030 posts
8,125 battles

I am not a BB main, but got one of my six Kraken's with her in our first battle.  Only six battles total with a 50% WR.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,451 battles

Several of the guys in my clan are in the top15 for winrate in the GC at 100 matches on Warships Today.  One of them has a 90% win rate, I have a 74% @ 265 battles in it.  Yet, several guys in my clan who are clearly better overall players than myself, simply can't make it work.  It's a battle cruiser play style that involves a lot of closing in and kiting out, it doesn't fit how they like to play their BB's.

The average win rate in it would be closer to 60% if not for a bunch of guys with 600 matches in it and a 44% win rate with sub 500 wtr ratings.  As others have said, it's not so much that the ship is OP - it's a good ship for sure - but a lot of people have figured out how to leverage it's strengths and mitigate it's weaknesses to a much higher level than with other ships.  I only fire AP in it, even against higher tier BB's, because I have figured out how to maximize the accuracy and put the rounds into a tight grouping by the proper angling of my ship while firing.  Most people wouldn't think to do it, and so they don't get that same result.

To repeat what everyone else has said, it's the performance of the operator, not the boat itself.

[LOU1]
Members
3,030 posts
8,125 battles
19 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Several of the guys in my clan are in the top15 for winrate in the GC at 100 matches on Warships Today.  One of them has a 90% win rate, I have a 74% @ 265 battles in it.  Yet, several guys in my clan who are clearly better overall players than myself, simply can't make it work.  It's a battle cruiser play style that involves a lot of closing in and kiting out, it doesn't fit how they like to play their BB's.

The average win rate in it would be closer to 60% if not for a bunch of guys with 600 matches in it and a 44% win rate with sub 500 wtr ratings.  As others have said, it's not so much that the ship is OP - it's a good ship for sure - but a lot of people have figured out how to leverage it's strengths and mitigate it's weaknesses to a much higher level than with other ships.  I only fire AP in it, even against higher tier BB's, because I have figured out how to maximize the accuracy and put the rounds into a tight grouping by the proper angling of my ship while firing.  Most people wouldn't think to do it, and so they don't get that same result.

To repeat what everyone else has said, it's the performance of the operator, not the boat itself.

That playstyle is probably why I am passable in it.  I tend to like BBs that drive like cruisers.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,451 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

That playstyle is probably why I am passable in it.  I tend to like BBs that drive like cruisers.

That is what makes it work in my experience, Boom and Zoom - then show your tail and let them, try and hit your 1/4 exposed profile.  When Broadside you are very very soft, and an easy citadel machine for even tier 4 BB's. You can't bow tank either, and if three HE cruisers fixate on you, you will get burned down.  So the best defense is a high speed offense that makes them forget about you and go dump rounds into a plodding New York.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Not only is it the top performing tier 5 BB in every category, it's out performs all tier 6 BB's too...:Smile_teethhappy:

I5TaKjM.png

Wargaming would have told us if they were removing it entirely. They did it for Kutuzov, Belfast, Perth, Nikolai, Konig Albert and Gremy.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,324 battles
2 hours ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I still wouldn't willingly play tier 5.

If I was more whale-y I'd skip it every time with fxp.

Why? There are some great ships at T5

Members
34 posts

I have this ship but not sure how I got it. I took a break at the end of 2015 and when I logged in recently it was in my port, along with the Atago. I'm pretty sure I didn't purchase any ships back in 2015 when I started playing so again no idea how they got there. 

I never really played it too much but it says I have 10 games played and 60% win rate in it.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,426 posts
3,370 battles
7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

GC is one of those ships that doesn't click with me. I know everyone loves it and thinks it is OP and all but it is just meh for me. Much prefer Konig and NY/TX at T5.

Try running and gunning, admiral. It's more of a hit-and-run kind of a ship, than a tanky Momma-Mia-Pizzeria kind of ship, lol. Leverage the noice accuracy, good speed & mobility, and the decent concealment to pepper targets at range, and then turn tail and wiggle away~. xD

Members
9,962 posts

Even more entertaining data.....

GC is out performing all but three of the tier 7's, and is out preforming them all in winrate/average kills and k/d.....:Smile_teethhappy:

Think about that....a tier 5 that sees far more tier 7's that a 7 does 9's..and it's still OP....

MFJmVRK.png

Edited by awiggin

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,335 posts
3,946 battles
On 5/10/2018 at 2:31 PM, Crucis said:

I've said this before.

The problem with the GC is that they created a version of this ship based on the 1930's full reconstruction that has a speed of around 27-ish kts (don't remember the exact number and 10 guns), rather than its original 1910's version which had a speed around 21-ish kts and 13 guns.  The GC is arguably a tier 5.5, or possibly even a tier 6 with that combo of speed and guns.  The only tier 5 BB that can match its speed is the Kongo, which actually started life as a battlecruiser.  All of the legit tier 5 BBs are all 21-ish kts in speed.

That said, yes, the GC is outpacing some tier 6 BBs in the data above, but remember that it gets to face some tier 4 opposition on occasion, and I'm sure that a good player in a GC can really kick some behind when top tier.

Heck!  I've seen GCs lay waste to Tier VII vessels pretty easily.  She has good maneuverability and strong guns.

Members
9,962 posts
6 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I don't see what the problem is. The GC dies gloriously to a Fujin...

Yes, which should say that it's out performing, even though it was given away by the ton, and sold cheap. Considering the high number of less skilled players playing it, the stats aren't just OP, they qualify for absurd...:Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this