You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

This weeks Port def Scenario

20 comments in this topic

[90THD]
Members
143 posts
3,741 battles

Cannot get a win

last 1 to live 120K + damage+ every time..

Completely overwhelmed at end, and we lose.. badly

Am I doing anything wrong ?

I cannot even get a win!

they all get massacred before the end

regards

J

Members
142 posts
6 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

Cannot get a win

I cannot even get a win!

regards

J

Pray your team doesn't suck. And play a BB you're good with. If you have a bit of luck, you can carry the last five or six ships on your own with a bit of care, but you won't get full stars. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
6 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

Cannot get a win

I cannot even get a win!

regards

J

Well, if you can convince players to stop bringing destroyers, it would be a big help.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles
20 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

Nope, it's just the teams, that and WG turned up the difficulty on an already difficult scenario.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
9,985 posts
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Nope, it's just the teams, that and WG turned up the difficulty on an already difficult scenario.

Did it yesterday and 5 starred it with no problem. Didn't seem like the bots were shooting as well as they are in the other scenarios.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,711 posts
8,143 battles
24 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

Cannot get a win

I cannot even get a win!

regards

J

not shooting the same target and not landing those volleys generally have grave consequences in any operation at any tier. Having an Aircraft Carrier really helps on Defense Naval Station Newport. Not having to worry about/dodge Torpedo Bombers is not only a big plus it makes it easier to monitor the spawns and aim both torpedoes and main batteries.

[TDRB]
Members
1,119 posts
4,244 battles

Cannot get a win

Sound like my son last night. Before my son joined a friend & I had won 2 of 2, one with 5 stars, the other with 3 stars. My son is the better player of our group.

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Did it yesterday and 5 starred it with no problem. Didn't seem like the bots were shooting as well as they are in the other scenarios.

5 stared it and 3 stared it yesterday but far more teams just fell apart. I wasn't necessarily playing a ship I wanted to play, due to the Russia mission. Makarov and Molotov are not bad ships for it though.

[PRDEF]
Members
80 posts
3,604 battles

This one has been a bit frustrating for me so far.  Not sure if just a lot of new players or we've all forgotten how to play it. 

Had a 5 star in the bag last night after 3 losses and a 1 star win.  Of course, we wound up with 4 stars when the final salvo from the last BB alive destroyed a shore installation just as the team killed him.

[90THD]
Members
143 posts
3,741 battles

I am on attempt #8, and not a win at all; no even a win, never mind a star

Im so discouraged right now..

sigh

JM

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,391 battles
54 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

Cannot get a win

I cannot even get a win!

regards

J

Same thing with me when I tried it last night.  Last to live.  #1 on scoreboard.  But a loss since everyone died.  Haven't bothered since.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,765 battles
1 hour ago, Doombeagle said:

Well, if you can convince players to stop bringing destroyers, it would be a big help.

You mean you wish the people bringing destroyers
1) Brought the right ones
2) Knew how to use them.

I've been top of the leaderboard in every operation so far where you are able to bring destroyers. I even got complimented by somebody one of the times I brought a destroyer into Newport yesterday.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,056 battles
1 hour ago, Doombeagle said:

2 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

2) Knew how to use them.

I've been top of the leaderboard in every operation so far where you are able to bring destroyers. I even got complimented by somebody one of the times I brought a destroyer into Newport yesterday.

Destroyers in this operation are generally a handicap.  You need high output DPM ships to deal with the hoard of ships that you need to deal with.  Most DD skippers tend to spam torps at long range and hope one or two hit. 

The irony is that I got a Torpedoman award in this scenario with a Farragut. 

[MBR]
Members
230 posts
5,685 battles
30 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

I am on attempt #8, and not a win at all; no even a win, never mind a star

Im so discouraged right now..

sigh

JM

The Scenario rewards are bringing bad players to the Scenarios, I remember that weeks ago it was easy to win 4 or 5 stars and victories were almost sure. Through the Scenarios I won all the xp necessary to research the Mahan, and sometimes I was the top player at Newport op. But now, there are many players doing some YOLO, AFKs, ignorant players and those who are playing operation for the first time.

If it's hard to win at Newport this week, for the Ultimate Frontier...

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,765 battles
4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Destroyers in this operation are generally a handicap.  You need high output DPM ships to deal with the hoard of ships that you need to deal with.  Most DD skippers tend to spam torps at long range and hope one or two hit. 

The irony is that I got a Torpedoman award in this scenario with a Farragut. 

Just yesterday I did 159k+ damage in my Anshan in the very first game I ran yesterday in my Anshan in Newport, which is probably the highest damage I've done in any ship for this operation. Playing a destroyer in Newport (and any operation) is about playing smart. You need to play smart in any ship type though as well, whether destroyer or not.

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,785 battles

I personally like to run Newport in my Bayern with AA spec, specifically manual AA.

I setup in either the west or east side of the island that covers the middle lane to work as an AA platform  for any planes that dare get close, as well as acting as a damage sponge for any enemy ships that get close.

Bayerns' guns may not be very accurate especially against bow on ships rushing you down but when you do get those bow penetrations you pretty much nuke the enemy ships.

Staying around there also allows you to act as a secondary battery station, the DDs will get close and your secondaries will hurt them.

In general the best thing you could end up having is at least one CV a few Clevelands and a New Mexico or Fuso. 

The CV can take care of far and important targets (mainly the enemy CVs and BBs), the Clevelands can spam down the enemy ships as they rush in as well as provide amazing AA screening and to finish off the New Mexico or Fuso take care the role of pure damage dealers, since they put down a lot of shots down range.

One final thing as well, if you're a BB and acting as a damage sponge near the end when the Izumo spawns, if you KNOW you're going to die, the best thing you could do is ram the Izumo to deal massive damage.

Well these are my 2 cents, good luck with the operation mate. :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
2 hours ago, Lightninger said:

2) Knew how to use them.

Yeah, but that was your mom. She has to compliment you, it's like the law. :)

[PVE]
Members
5,658 posts
18,248 battles
4 hours ago, Lightninger said:

2) Knew how to use them.

Yeah a well played destroyer is always a good addition to the team IMHO. Played a match with my Independence and watched this DD player just go waaaay to the north of the map. I thought to myself that was stupid but gave him fighter cover anyways since the bot planes spawned from up there. He did remarkably well, killing off spawning ships, knocking out carriers, etc. I was very impressed with his gameplay and skill. I think having my planes spot targets for him while he smoked up was helpful to him as well and when the enemy planes showed up, I got to slaughter them as they appeared. 

• Cool 1

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,765 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

Yeah, but that was your mom. She has to compliment you, it's like the law. :)

So now you're resorting to personal insults when you are unable to refute a rational, logical response?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
1 minute ago, Lightninger said:

So now you're resorting to personal insults when you are unable to refute a rational, logical response?

Well, no, actually it was a joke, as evidenced by the little smiley face at the end of the sentence.