Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Vangm94

Richilieu Class: Jean Bart

21 comments in this topic

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

If Jean Bart were to be added into WoWS, what would you think will make her different from Richielieu? Or rather what would you like to see her have?

Edited by Vangm94

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

the second turret?

• Funny 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, nagasakee said:

the second turret?

Wrong ship and class, that is Alsace.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

no it was a joke.  When the USS Massachusetts fired on the Jean Bart, only one turret was functional on the Bart,   so I'd want the other turret in game :)   Sorry...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
896 posts
5,932 battles
15 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

If Jean Bart were to be added into WoWS, what would you think will make her different to Richielieu?

Jean Bart was still under construction when she fled Toulon to Casablanca to avoid capture by the Germans just before their surrender.

She only had 1 operational turret when she engaged the Allied fleet, including USS Massachusetts. Return fire from Massachusetts knocked out her only operational gun turret.

It looks like significant upgrades to her anti-aircraft batteries, fire control, and even radar were installed in later years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_battleship_Jean_Bart_(1940)

Perhaps a air defense BB similar to the IJN Kii?

#fetenationale

#anchorsaweigh

dark.png

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, Gneisenau013 said:

Jean Bart was still under construction when she fled Toulon to Casablanca to avoid capture by the Germans just before their surrender.

She only had 1 operational turret when she engaged the Allied fleet, including USS Massachusetts. Return fire from Massachusetts knocked out her only operational gun turret.

It looks like significant upgrades to her anti-aircraft batteries, fire control, and even radar were installed in later years.

#fetenationale

#anchorsaweigh

dark.png

I was just reading that. Basically... Jean Bart will be a Richilieu that has strong AA but with even stronger and a lot more AA.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

Being able to switch operator firing controls between main guns and secondaries is a feature I often hope for.

After all, a Baltimore is just an Atlanta with more armor and 9) 8" guns.

If a DD shows up, I'd rather switch main control over to the 5" secondaries and machine gun away until that DD is a little red cloud of pain.

Same goes with kiting on the Richelieu and Jean Bart with those nice sets of fast-firing guns.

Basically puts an Atlanta inside every T8+ US BB too.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,489 posts
3,435 battles

If Jean Bart were to appear in-game, she'd likely have to be T9 FXP Premium; with her AA pushing T10/T11 levels while her overall stats aren't much better than Richelieu at T8 (just more HP due to greater displacement and tiering, and greater TDS as a result of the larger bulge she got to maintain a certain draft). Give her Republique's long secondary range, and she'd be perfect. Natural weaknesses being only 8x 15" guns at T9, which is a sizable one due to overmatch immunity breakpoints for many T9 and T10 ships. But it could be made up for with slightly better accuracy than Richelieu too.

[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,982 battles
44 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

I was just reading that. Basically... Jean Bart will be a Richilieu that has strong AA but with even stronger and a lot more AA.

Lol the second hull on Richelieu already removed the aircraft in exchanged for some nice 40mm quay Bofors emplacements.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Perhaps as a premium with her upgrades, or if that makes her too powerful, perhaps ,again, with all her upgrades as a tier 9 Free XP ship, like @YamatoA150 said in the previous post.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Honestly? I'd like it if she came out after the whole Ise/Tone problem is sorted so she can be a French battlecarrier.

[NUWES]
Members
1,658 posts
5,567 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

After all, a Baltimore is just an Atlanta with more armor and 9) 8" guns.

In about the same way that Iowa is an Atlanta with more armor and 9x16" guns. 

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles
4 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

In about the same way that Iowa is an Atlanta with more armor and 9x16" guns. 

I want this alternate Atlanta hull that gives me Iowa armor and 14 16" inche girls.

[NUWES]
Members
1,658 posts
5,567 battles
Just now, Akeno017 said:

I want this alternate Atlanta hull that gives me Iowa armor and 14 16" inche girls.

That would be great wouldn't it? lol

Members
1,936 posts
3 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

If Jean Bart were to be added into WoWS, what would you think will make her different from Richielieu? Or rather what would you like to see her have?

That's  easy

As a premium ship it has to be better than the tech tree ship, so it will have updated American  AA as per her refit and some tiny 'negative' and sold in a 70$ bundle

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,067 posts
6,768 battles
3 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

im thinking maybe more AA then Ricky?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,067 posts
6,768 battles
2 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

If Jean Bart were to appear in-game, she'd likely have to be T9 FXP Premium; with her AA pushing T10/T11 levels while her overall stats aren't much better than Richelieu at T8 (just more HP due to greater displacement and tiering, and greater TDS as a result of the larger bulge she got to maintain a certain draft). Give her Republique's long secondary range, and she'd be perfect. Natural weaknesses being only 8x 15" guns at T9, which is a sizable one due to overmatch immunity breakpoints for many T9 and T10 ships. But it could be made up for with slightly better accuracy than Richelieu too.

i think that would be a while because WG said they didnt want to do anymore Free XP BBs for a while, but i DEFINITELY see Jean Bart becoming a premium at some point, if its a free xp premium or not is yet to be known

Edited by tcbaker777

[TBOW]
Members
1,252 posts
10,689 battles

How about Torpedoes.  All BBs should have some Torpedoes to mess with people.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles
3 hours ago, nagasakee said:

the second turret?

I got your joke and laughed accordingly.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

I want the alternate Wyoming hull that gives me 10 5"/38 guns in 4 twin and 2 single mounts, with heavy bias toward the starboard side.

Tier IV Armored Atlanta, anyone?

Yes, please

Edited by DerKrampus

[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,982 battles
On 5/10/2018 at 1:19 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

#fetenationale

#anchorsaweigh

dark.png

Radar!?!? Sorry guys Project cancelled for WOWs, lol we already have more than enough Radar in battles.

Sign in to follow this