You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Ranked Season 9 Survey

What is your opinion on Ranked Season 9?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, how satisfied are you with Ranked Season 9?

• Fantastic! Best Ranked season yet!
    • It's been pretty good
    • Meh
    • Disappointing
    • I don't play Ranked/haven't participated this season
  2. 2. What do you think about T10 ships being included into this season?

• Great! Love T10 ships!
    • Indifferent
    • Dislike; save T10 ships for Clan Battles
    • Don't have any T10 ships, so can't play T10 Ranked
  3. 3. Should future Ranked seasons be multiple tiers, like Season 9?

• Sure, variation is good and keeps the grind interesting
    • Doesn't make a difference
    • No, keep Ranked as a single tier only
  4. 4. What ship classes have you preferred for T10 Ranked play?

• Destroyer
    • Cruiser
    • Battleship
    • Aircraft Carrier
  5. 5. Regarding XP earning, do you prefer the current shift more towards raw damage dealt or more like the tactical plays of previous seasons?

• Raw damage - easier to save a star (don't have to play DD just to save a star in a loss)
    • Tactical play - raw damage is too easy
    • Meh, don't really care either way
  6. 6. For the next season of Ranked, what tier(s) would you prefer to see?

• Low tiers only (T4 and below)
    • T5
    • T6
    • T7
    • T8
    • T9
    • T10
  7. 7. Why do you choose to play Ranked game mode?

• To reach Rank 1, of course!
    • For the rewards of flags/modules, etc
    • Just for something to do
    • I don't play Ranked

39 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,134 battles

Hey everyone,

Since we're probably getting near the half way point of Ranked Season 9, I just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are on it (especially with the inclusion of T10 ships for the first time).  I've heard both ends of the spectrum on it, from "best Ranked season ever" to "worst season ever".

I haven't had much time to play past Rank 10 so far, but the omnipresent radar in conjunction with the damage-reliant XP shift has definitely tuned down the high DD population of past seasons.  Still trying to figure out what Ranked ship(s) will work for me as I'd still like to rank out and get USS Black.

What are your thoughts?

• Cool 4

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

In a nutshell, less enjoyable even than usual.  Got my rank 15 participation flag and noped out on the rest.

• Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,316 battles

Number 5 is a bit of a loaded question. I am getting a bit of a: 'Do you enjoy real tactics, or are you a damage scrub who betrays his team to farm damage and save his precious little star instead of playing the game how it is supposed to' vibe.

Edited because I misspelt raisins.

Edited by senseNOTmade

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,878 posts
11,603 battles

Ranked is [edited]. The game mode (the star system) needs to be completely reworked and until it's not total garbage... I have trouble getting myself to actually play it.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,328 battles
18 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Hey everyone,

Since we're probably getting near the half way point of Ranked Season 9, I just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are on it (especially with the inclusion of T10 ships for the first time).  I've heard both ends of the spectrum on it, from "best Ranked season ever" to "worst season ever".

I haven't had much time to play past Rank 10 so far, but the omnipresent radar in conjunction with the damage-reliant XP shift has definitely tuned down the high DD population of past seasons.  Still trying to figure out what Ranked ship(s) will work for me as I'd still like to rank out and get USS Black.

What are your thoughts?

you left out one answer:

I don't really care about your poll and neither does WG

• Funny 1
  • Bad 8

Members
1,641 posts
7,482 battles

As much as I love T10. Ranked is awful and I can never bring myself to go further then R14.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,411 posts
3,583 battles

I enjoy Season 9 , its been very fun. I ran the Kidd from 18 - 10 with extreme success. I have been running the Hindenburg from 10-8 atm and its been going very well. 

I do feel for my DD bro's... Even with the increased number of BB's which i figured would help the DD's out it seems they are having a rough go this season. But I am enjoying my cruisers heavily. 

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,491 posts
15,057 battles

Good news: I've gone further than before. R10 was the highest I've gotten previously. I'm at R9.3 and going for the assault on R8. 

Bad news: The "Save A Star" meta on going is undermining tm play. It's now "How I prevent from losing a star" instead of "How does the tm win?" What you have is the crab mentality right now.

Edit: Been playing DD's rather than CA's. Loyang and Kidd T18 to T11. Had to figure out what works for me before I settled on the Gearing. Also focusing on 1 star advance at a time from  R10 is working for me. Ration the sanity and the salt. 

Edited by Bill_Halsey

Members
1,641 posts
7,482 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

you left out one answer:

I don't really care about your poll and neither does WG

The poll isn't for you, its directed towards the forums in general.

Just move on if you don't care so much as you say.

• Cool 5

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,328 battles
Just now, Akeno017 said:

The poll isn't for you, its directed towards the forums in general.

Just move on if you don't care so much as you say.

facts are facts, WG honestly does not care about the poll. Its a numbers game even if you hate ranked you played it a few times and to WG that means you were interested like it or not

• Bad 7

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,134 battles
3 minutes ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

facts are facts, WG honestly does not care about the poll. Its a numbers game even if you hate ranked you played it a few times and to WG that means you were interested like it or not

I didn't create the poll for WG.  It was just a curiosity on my behalf to see how everyone felt about it.

If you don't like the topic, you don't need to participate.  We don't need that kind of negativity on this forum.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
5,411 posts
3,583 battles
38 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I didn't create the poll for WG.  It was just a curiosity on my behalf to see how everyone felt about it.

If you don't like the topic, you don't need to participate.  We don't need that kind of negativity on this forum.

In my experience the devs like polls.. 

[LOU1]
Members
3,072 posts
8,161 battles

Would have been nice if:

Question 2 had “Like Tier 10 ships, but aren’t good enough to drive one competitively”

question 7 had “Enjoy the increased challenge and teamwork”

Alpha Tester
1,969 posts

I used ranked to grind towards Izumo and get the 250 doubloons. Every doubloon counts. Stopped after I reached ranked ten and went back to playing scenarios. The paltry rewards after rank ten are not worth it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
196 posts
5,803 battles

Just haven't been interested in playing tier 10 ranked...  It seems a bit redundant when you have tier 10 clan battles.  That and probably ranking out for the 4th time gets you what..?  a flag I'll never use?  cool. oh and the rewards past Rank 10 are still quite bad. 

I feel like T6 would probably be the best with the smoke changes.. (since they weren't in place for that season) and better rewards past Rank 10 and a different star system...  now that would actually be interesting.  

[SIDE]
Members
1,443 posts

Would like to see tier 5 or 6 next season. No gimmick boats or modules. Tactical play more than raw damage. I prefer 10 for clan battles . 

Def prefer to have team voice comms in ranked.

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,134 battles
46 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Tier 1 next season.  With stock captains. 

You bet!  Zero point captains, full domination mode.

Would probably actually be kinda fun if it was done using the pre-nerfed T1 ships.

18 minutes ago, Simers72 said:

Just haven't been interested in playing tier 10 ranked...  It seems a bit redundant when you have tier 10 clan battles.  That and probably ranking out for the 4th time gets you what..?  a flag I'll never use?  cool. oh and the rewards past Rank 10 are still quite bad. 

I feel like T6 would probably be the best with the smoke changes.. (since they weren't in place for that season) and better rewards past Rank 10 and a different star system...  now that would actually be interesting.  

Agreed on the redundancy of T10 with Clan and Ranked battles.  And the only real reason to keep going is if you want USS Black.

T5 or T6 I feel would be pretty fun.  More purity of gameplay with fewer gimmicks to muddle it.

[D12]
[D12]
3,085 posts
9,013 battles

Hit 8 and I don't think I have the motivation to push it more with the release of Conan Exiles that I was playing during early access and school.  That game I can play without my blood boiling.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles
2 hours ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

I’m sure they do care ,it’s not just rank battle interest Wows would want to know but rather is there a declining trend of players let’s say going past 10, when the reward flags dry up, I’m at 12 or 13 rank at the moment don’t really care to go further, going back and forth is just to boring

[ARGSY]
Members
6,452 posts
4,302 battles

I did say "one tier only", but I would not mind a two-tier split where the highest was no more than 7 or 8. That would enable a Tier 6 player, for instance, to top out at Rank 10 and then get themselves a suitable Tier 8 premium to continue with if they felt they were good enough. Players with Tier 8 ships and no way to get to Tier 10 (raises own hand) hit an absolute wall at this point; in a T5/T7 or T6/T8 split, there would be ways to get into the higher tier immediately and they all put $$$ (or ultimately rubles) into WG's pocket. Alternatively, a T6 ranked grind would be a good way to get you at least to Tier 7 if you were free-to-play, and the climb to 8 from there is not as long or difficult as the climb from 8 to 10 would be.

[T8ERS]
Members
40 posts
8,717 battles

Tale of two seasons for me. I really had fun playing Prinz Eugen for most of my ranked games up through rank 11.

Rank 10-6 was not fun at all, so I stopped at 6 and probably wont continue. 

For me the best part of ranked play is playing same tier matches, no bottom tier shenanigans. That is lost at tier 10 (since they are never bottom tier anyway) Tier 10 is also played at extreme ranges and in general is played very passively which I find boring. DD are also at a tremendous xp disadvantage in this format. I consider tier 10 ranked a failed experiment. 

There is way more ship variety at tiers 6-8. Hopefully we never see tier 10 ranked again.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,860 posts
13,076 battles

Win Place 1:  two stars

Win Place 2 - 4:  one star

Win Place 5 - 7: no star

Lose Place 1 - 2: 1 star

Lose Place 3-7:  no star

The number of stars required to advance at each rank can be increased to ensure an appropriate grind.  There really is no need to go backwards, and it seems to be one of the "aggravating" mechanics.  

The key to the above is it does not reward a star to poor performers on the winning team, and it rewards a star to the top two on the losing team. 

• Cool 4

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,603 posts
4,057 battles

Ranked has nice rewards (at least up to rank 10), but it's just too grindy for a casual player of average skill.  I tried it a few times during earlier seasons, made rank 15 season before last.  Last season I started at rank 19.  Played four games.  Ended at rank 19.

Not worth my time or effort anymore, even in the lower tiers.  When they announced the tiers for this ranked season, I adopted an ignorance is bliss policy.

So far, I'm pretty happy with that.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,355 battles

Get rid of the ability to save a star from Rank 5-1?

I have otherwise enjoyed it and enjoyed all the conversations about it.

The real issue of farm damage and save a star did not start really coming into play until I reached Rank 5 and that seems to be all the craze right now.

So in the future id suggest just they remove that once you get to Rank 5 for high tier.

Along the way you got a bonus star and then you did not,  so along the way you got to save a star and at some point you cannot.

Seems fair to me.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND