You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Sometimes, You Just Need To Call It A Day/Night

7 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,097 posts
5,894 battles

Some days, RNGsus and MM decide that you are their punching bag for today.

Battleship captains might find themselves focused down by HE spamming cruisers, damage control doing their usual "completely comatose for 1+ minutes" routine while 3 fires are raging and all of their shells overpen a broadside target at 8 km and your team has decided that the nearby island is a nice place to set up a pity party.

Destroyer captains might find the enemy team full of radar ships and carriers that constantly keep them spotted and lock them out of the caps while magically dodging every torpedo fired their way, or wonder how that Atlanta managed to sneak up on them without any of their teammates spotting it.

Cruiser captains might find themselves eating random citadels through the stern, cursing at the 200th HE shell that did not set a fire, and raging at how their teammates have abandoned the cap to chase down a lone destroyer hugging the map border.

Carrier captains might curse MM for having put an AA-spec cancer division on the enemy team while you're stuck with teammates that apparently don't carry a single charge of defensive fire and seem completely oblivious to when the enemy CV is targeting them, or the one destroyer reporting the friendly CV because they yolo'd into range of multiple AA cruisers and USN BBs and the friendly CV decides it's not worth trying to protect him.

And no matter what class you played, there's always that one guy that's doing his level best to insult everyone and everything while being at the bottom of the scoreboard.

When any of this happens multiple times in a row, when MM has placed all the unicums on the opposing team and planted all the potatoes in your team, and RNGsus ensures that every enemy AP shell hits a citadel but every friendly AP shell bounces, it's time to hang up your captain hat for the time being, and go do something else.

Read a novel, finish some work like that statistics presentation, or go out for some fresh air. Whatever you do, just get your mind off of the stress of lost games and incompetent teammates.

After you've calmed down, now is the time to come back. You're not thinking clearly when you're angry, and that will affect your mindset and decision-making capabilities.

Your ships (or shipgirls :Smile_hiding:) will thank you for being calm enough to retain situational awareness and the capability of proper decision making in order to remember to shoot the broadside Atago 13 km away instead of the angled Bismarck 12 km away).

Sometimes, it's important to just set aside the salt, and drink the cool, fresh water instead.

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,312 posts
19,645 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Some days, RNGsus and MM decide that you are their punching bag for today.

Battleship captains might find themselves focused down by HE spamming cruisers, damage control doing their usual "completely comatose for 1+ minutes" routine while 3 fires are raging and all of their shells overpen a broadside target at 8 km and your team has decided that the nearby island is a nice place to set up a pity party.

Destroyer captains might find the enemy team full of radar ships and carriers that constantly keep them spotted and lock them out of the caps while magically dodging every torpedo fired their way, or wonder how that Atlanta managed to sneak up on them without any of their teammates spotting it.

Cruiser captains might find themselves eating random citadels through the stern, cursing at the 200th HE shell that did not set a fire, and raging at how their teammates have abandoned the cap to chase down a lone destroyer hugging the map border.

Carrier captains might curse MM for having put an AA-spec cancer division on the enemy team while you're stuck with teammates that apparently don't carry a single charge of defensive fire and seem completely oblivious to when the enemy CV is targeting them, or the one destroyer reporting the friendly CV because they yolo'd into range of multiple AA cruisers and USN BBs and the friendly CV decides it's not worth trying to protect him.

And no matter what class you played, there's always that one guy that's doing his level best to insult everyone and everything while being at the bottom of the scoreboard.

When any of this happens multiple times in a row, when MM has placed all the unicums on the opposing team and planted all the potatoes in your team, and RNGsus ensures that every enemy AP shell hits a citadel but every friendly AP shell bounces, it's time to hang up your captain hat for the time being, and go do something else.

Read a novel, finish some work like that statistics presentation, or go out for some fresh air. Whatever you do, just get your mind off of the stress of lost games and incompetent teammates.

After you've calmed down, now is the time to come back. You're not thinking clearly when you're angry, and that will affect your mindset and decision-making capabilities.

Your ships (or shipgirls :Smile_hiding:) will thank you for being calm enough to retain situational awareness and the capability of proper decision making in order to remember to shoot the broadside Atago 13 km away instead of the angled Bismarck 12 km away).

Sometimes, it's important to just set aside the salt, and drink the cool, fresh water instead.

I had the day off yesterday. Had a decent day 60% win rate. I decided to give it a go after dinner. First one, literally 7 teammates within 4km of each other behind an island. It didn't end well but I did get to see Worcester in action on the red team.

Next one, almost a complete replay of tactics. After 10 minutes of this nonsense I said screw it, yolo'd into a cap with Atlanta, took a cruiser and DD down to almost nothing, was destroyed and logged off for the evening.

The game will be there later when I get home.

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,097 posts
5,894 battles
3 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I had the day off yesterday. Had a decent day 60% win rate. I decided to give it a go after dinner. First one, literally 7 teammates within 4km of each other behind an island. It didn't end well but I did get to see Worcester in action on the red team.

Next one, almost a complete replay of tactics. After 10 minutes of this nonsense I said screw it, yolo'd into a cap with Atlanta, took a cruiser and DD down to almost nothing, was destroyed and logged off for the evening.

The game will be there later when I get home.

Oh yes, nothing like finishing a session and deciding not to look at the WTR/WR drop until at least a week later for the sake of one's tranquility.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,356 posts
4,288 battles
38 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

It didn't end well but I did get to see Worcester in action on the red team.

Do I take it that these two things were very closely related to each other? :Smile_teethhappy:

I had a night of long ping times - like, greater than 1000ms the whole time. I finished a game in my Graf Spee with about 5000 damage, wondering what I might have done if I hadn't had to figure a wildly shifting one to three second lag time into all my shooting. The wonder was that I did any damage at all. I persisted, though, and things finally settled down below 500ms. It still wasn't great, but a stable ping under half a second isn't anywhere near as critical and I got a few ships sunk before packing in and going to bed.

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

i've gotten to the point if I lose 3 in a row I'm clearly in WG's MM doghouse so it's best to play another game.  bought a leningrad the other day and my teams got stomped 12-3 (despite being near the top of the standings myself) immediately signed out.  

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

Had one the day before yesterday.

I'm far from a unicum player - but I generally enjoy a solid 55% solo WR.

Played a dozen matches, and managed wins in two of them.  I'm not sure I have seen as much lemming train, island hiding, cap ignoring and yolo bum-rushing - so many matches in a row, before.

It really was something.

And self-perpetuating.  Occasionally I'm capable of putting in an effort that will help turn a losing match to victory - but as the streak got longer - and my frustration level rose - my own play became poorer.  You all know how that goes!

I finished with a handful of compliments left - but I was all out of minus ones - ha ha!

One upshot was a match in which I manged 226K damage in the Roon, which is a new record for me.  Sometimes a potato team will open up opportunities to rack some solid numbers.

Next day - right back to the usual 55%WR.

Just one of those things.

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
348 posts
8,903 battles

Yep when you keep getting the crap players on your ranked team match after match its time to stop for the day. A person can only carry these ignorant people for so long. im not talking about new or inexperienced players that want to learn either. im talking the ones that just play solo, dont care, dont play to win instead to save a star, etc.

Edited by MackDye