Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Khabarovsk in Ranked

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
34 posts

R5-R1 is havy DD meta as well.  Bu tin cases where I was the only DD in my khaba, you play for a stalemate at the neutral cap, and try to DPM them on the flank with a Khab as distraction, keeping an eyeon the cap for the enemy DD....or you get the entire team to ignore the neutral cap and glob to the enemy base cap.  either strategy works okay in the rare matches when you are the only DD in a khab.  Still, my WR in one DD games is def lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[BBP]
Members
341 posts
5,799 battles
17 minutes ago, BusterXXXX said:

R5-R1 is havy DD meta as well.  Bu tin cases where I was the only DD in my khaba, you play for a stalemate at the neutral cap, and try to DPM them on the flank with a Khab as distraction, keeping an eyeon the cap for the enemy DD....or you get the entire team to ignore the neutral cap and glob to the enemy base cap.  either strategy works okay in the rare matches when you are the only DD in a khab.  Still, my WR in one DD games is def lower.

It seems like a lot of other players just don't understand Khab's game.  Last game in Khab I was asked "Why didn't you torp that Republique".  Umm, because that would be certain death with 9km+ detection and slow 6km torps.  

Edited by _MiDKnighTx_
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[AAA]
Members
498 posts
8,183 battles
2 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

It seems like a lot of other players just don't understand Khab's game.  Last game in Khab I was asked "Why didn't you torp that Republique".  Umm, because that would be certain death with 9km+ detection and slow 6km torps.  

People should really stop giving tips/advice about ships they haven't played really. Few days back a DM captain messaged me accusing that I didnt push a cap with him to chain radar it. I told them that I was being already spotted and 4 ships  were targeting me so  I had to turn away. They started accusing me of not specking the ship appropriately and being a noob at tier 10. When I told them the Moskva has 13.8 Km with a full concealment build, they just refused to believe and told it was a blatant lie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[BBP]
Members
341 posts
5,799 battles
3 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

People should really stop giving tips/advice about ships they haven't played really. Few days back a DM captain messaged me accusing that I didnt push a cap with him to chain radar it. I told them that I was being already spotted and 4 ships  were targeting me so  I had to turn away. They started accusing me of not specking the ship appropriately and being a noob at tier 10. When I told them the Moskva has 13.8 Km with a full concealment build, they just refused to believe and told it was a blatant lie. 

Ya this was a BB player.  I guess to him all DDs are the same.  They are all stealthy and torpy.  Looks like same goes for cruisers.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
234
[SFOR]
Members
973 posts
6,958 battles
4 hours ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

As a Khaba driver I know to avoid Minotaurs, Neptunes, and Des Moines.  Basically high DPM cruisers...   They are the most dangerous ships for Khaba.  I do not fear other DDs or BBs except for another Khaba.  Well...as long as I keep BBs at arms length they aren't scary.  You don't wanna be within 10km of a BB, especially not one with nasty secondaries.

I've used Khaba in ranked but I also have Yueyang.  I think if there are few DDs in the match Yueyang is better but if there are multiple DDs Khaba is better.  But you don't always know which it will be before the match starts...  

Wrong. You have to fear rail guns. High dpm rainbow arcs are nothing to khaba at 14km range sailing at 48 knots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[AR]
[AR]
Members
350 posts
14,275 battles

I would not recommend Khab for ranked, but I also would not complain. When the ranked games started, I tried the Khab out and got salt for it but still won. I only had Khab + GK + Mosk for ranked battles. After a while, I had to swallow a big gulp and decided to free exp Saint Louis and went to Henri and happy with it.

People really should not complain about what ship you use for T10 ranked.

1)There are no premium T10 ships. Thus limiting the total whole amount of ships available.

2)1 tech tree line is still missing a T10 ship.

3)T10 is highly costly for ships without perm camos.

4) T10 ships cost a lot to buy. research and train a good capt and not many people have a plethora of T10 ships to choose from.

5) WG set it to T10 ranked, which I STRONGLY disagree with for the above reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
34 posts
2 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

I would not recommend Khab for ranked, but I also would not complain. When the ranked games started, I tried the Khab out and got salt for it but still won. I only had Khab + GK + Mosk for ranked battles. After a while, I had to swallow a big gulp and decided to free exp Saint Louis and went to Henri and happy with it.

People really should not complain about what ship you use for T10 ranked.

1)There are no premium T10 ships. Thus limiting the total whole amount of ships available.

2)1 tech tree line is still missing a T10 ship.

3)T10 is highly costly for ships without perm camos.

4) T10 ships cost a lot to buy. research and train a good capt and not many people have a plethora of T10 ships to choose from.

5) WG set it to T10 ranked, which I STRONGLY disagree with for the above reasons.

Neither would I.  It's a high skill curve boat that takes a lot of practice and good judgement.  Most people dont have that.

I ranked out in it,  but I've also got 1200 games played in the thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,938 posts
10,762 battles
2 hours ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I throw salt at the player, not the ship. I just find these sub-optimal ships are usually played by potatoes, Kagero's and Shimas especially, jesus christ, dont even get me started on those ships. I have played several games with a Khab and they seemed to have done well.

Well. I drove Kagero exclusively and went from R17 to R10 in 17 battles. So she's not that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,072
[XBRTC]
Members
2,720 posts
8,695 battles
6 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

Usually when people start out talking junk about Khab, we lose. When my teammates accept the ship and support it, however, we have a much better win rate. 

Funny, that's the same thing I noticed with Asashio in pre-10 ranks. When people didn't complain, we steamrolled the other team. When they did... the team just collapsed.

I've been mostly driving Khab since rank 10, and I've been hovering at 6-7 for a few days. Haven't seen any salt with it yet, from my own team anyway. One battle where I did pretty well with it I got a couple nasty parting shots from the reds, but that was no big deal. I understand why they were pissed, after all. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
10 minutes ago, chewonit said:

Well. I drove Kagero exclusively and went from R17 to R10 in 17 battles. So she's not that bad.

I agree, just found that people who typically play those ships are not good. Although the sting of defeat do to their poor play might just be more prominent than having a poor player drive them and we win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
27 posts
6,919 battles

I haven't had any complaints so far driving the Khab.  25 matches and @ a 75% win rate.  I don't do a lot of damage but, I do a lot of distraction and back capping.  Reducing points by taking caps from the reds and drawing fire seems to be my main thing.  Usually I sit in the bottom half for experience although I did have a top spot on a win where I only did 40k damage... no clue how that happened.  I am sticking with the ship until I see a downward win trend.  Lastly I check the que when I log into it to make sure that the ships waiting are DD heavy and preferably no CV's.

Basically, I am enjoying the games and getting more wins then losses.  It does it's job.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles
7 hours ago, BusterXXXX said:

I just ranked out in my Khab, using it from R5 to R1.  (I used Hindy in R10 to R6).  Ended with a 59% WR in the R5+ bracket.

But you really need to know what you are doing to stay alive AND be effective in the ultra-competitive R5+ matches.

You definitely have it figured out, bro. I remember facing you in one match and getting my *ss handed to me. You can really shoot, bro. Congrats on ranking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×