Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

Computer Crashes During Scenerios Only

6 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles

I play quite a bit of WoWS on my Mac, no problems and very stable in Co-op, PvP, and Ranked battles. The only issues I ever have had there were ones commonly reported by many people (ie the recent lag bug) or sometimes a connection issue with my ISP that has nothing to do with Wargaming or my computer. However when I do an Op, in every game something happens. It is usually a bit of lag but in around half of the matches the computer freezes up in a manner I have never encountered before with any program. Everything just stops, I have no input control like keyboard or mouse, and the only way I can exit is to reboot the machine by using the power switch. I get a Windows error message but I can not get a screenshot of that is exceptionally large in size. This only happens when playing Ops. I noticed it first in the Narai missions, a bit of lag when the reds spawned then if I got sunk and watched the match on a teammate's ship, the program would crash. The very last spawn was always the worst, often if the game didn't crash, I was lagged for a full minute or better. I played the Newport op and the one right before it and had these problems as well. I had a few issues with the French Gold op as well.

I have played hundreds of scenarios before Narai came around and never had a problem. I have over a hundred games in the Dunkirk op alone. It was only after the introduction of Narai that all this started and seems to have affected all the scenarios since. I asked a friend of mine who knows computers who said it sounds like a memory leak but he would have to look at it to know for sure. Is anyone else having these problems? 

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles

Yeah Narai was bad about crashing, but Ops like Hermes were really good about running smoothly.

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah Narai was bad about crashing, but Ops like Hermes were really good about running smoothly.

I had no problems with any of the Ops before the first time Narai came into the rotation. After that it has been with every single one, even the ones I had 5 starred before with no issues. It really is bothersome. Just wondering if something changed with that particular mission or maybe my computer doesn't want me farming them..

Edited by Taylor3006

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

Have this recurring 'Power switch Reset' problem on my Asus ROG gaming computer.

I'd be doing something like selecting torps, or switching back to guns and it would bleep out a sound and -- dead freeze...   cold stop.  Keys don't do anything.  I need to hold down the power switch for 5 seconds to shut off.

It's not overheated, overworked, or interrupted.  Cable modem has all the status indicators in the on-line state.

Just showed up around Christmas...  Yeah..  Narai time, but never had it happen there.

Thought if I was the only one, my computer might be getting old and buggy..  but reading this, I suspect a serious system call bug, or maybe a re-entrant stack problem, or two tasks call the same timer or device without any semaphore.  (Video related - my money is on the last one.)

Either that, or they made a hardware wait loop without a 'Do Events' inside it.  I lock up machines all the time that way.

Can't give any kind of docs (maybe use phone to snap a picture of the locked up screen). 

It's not that frequent.  Then again, I only play a couple games a day.

Members
5 posts
6,413 battles

The game crashes on either the first or second battle and then I have to reboot, not just reinstall the game, but the computer. One that complete I can reload the program and by that time the battle is over or nearly over. I'm currently wearing pink "team killer" because I withdrew from a battle before it was over or failed to enter into the battle. I could not enter the battle because the game crashed.

I appreciate all the great upgrades, but what are they worth to me when it crashes and I loose the battle, the camo and signal flags I purchased, and then on top of it I get gigged because the program failed. This is really ridiculous. I'm going back to World of Tanks until this stuff is straightened out.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
On 5/10/2018 at 3:50 AM, Taylor3006 said:

I play quite a bit of WoWS on my Mac, no problems and very stable in Co-op, PvP, and Ranked battles. The only issues I ever have had there were ones commonly reported by many people (ie the recent lag bug) or sometimes a connection issue with my ISP that has nothing to do with Wargaming or my computer. However when I do an Op, in every game something happens. It is usually a bit of lag but in around half of the matches the computer freezes up in a manner I have never encountered before with any program. Everything just stops, I have no input control like keyboard or mouse, and the only way I can exit is to reboot the machine by using the power switch. I get a Windows error message but I can not get a screenshot of that is exceptionally large in size. This only happens when playing Ops. I noticed it first in the Narai missions, a bit of lag when the reds spawned then if I got sunk and watched the match on a teammate's ship, the program would crash. The very last spawn was always the worst, often if the game didn't crash, I was lagged for a full minute or better. I played the Newport op and the one right before it and had these problems as well. I had a few issues with the French Gold op as well.

I have played hundreds of scenarios before Narai came around and never had a problem. I have over a hundred games in the Dunkirk op alone. It was only after the introduction of Narai that all this started and seems to have affected all the scenarios since. I asked a friend of mine who knows computers who said it sounds like a memory leak but he would have to look at it to know for sure. Is anyone else having these problems? 

When you see the error message, about ⅔ way down the massage what is the percentage for the Memory usage? 

Especially this: Commit charge (working set + process page file usage) :

Most likely you have the same Memory leak every other Mac user has... I'm just surprised you don't get regular crashes in Random Battles. I envy you :fish_glass:

Sign in to follow this