You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BruDog1970

Launcher Won't Launch Game - No Error - Please Help

10 comments in this topic

[DNTZ]
Members
215 posts
11,543 battles

Hi all,

Recently I upgraded my graphics card and Power Supply and I updated to the latest drivers.  No other changes were made.

I am now seeing it where every 3rd or 4th "session" I go to launch the game, I see the play button, click on it, the WOWS process loads for 3 seconds or so and dies.  There isn't an error, Task Manager shows there being plenty of CPU, Memory, Disc, etc available.  I do not run any mods and Safe Mode behaves the same.  The game runs flawlessly when I am able to play it (I don't see crashes, lags, etc).

Two days ago I did an uninstall and fresh install (nothing left from previous install) and have launched the game, quit the game, launched, etc without issue.  I just went to load the game now and it is doing the same thing as before.

The only way to work around this issue is to reboot my computer.

I am hoping someone has some ideas or has fixed this issue.  I have been playing for 2+ years and never encountered an issue loading game. Any ideas on how I can fix it or turn on some logging? 

Any help appreciated.

[TF16B]
Members
35 posts
9,474 battles

Having the same issue. I have a open ticket with them and they are still trying to figure it out. Ive done all they have told me to do reinstalled my video drivers clean install, ran their check program and nothing seems to work. Here is what they said last ticket update to me .   Still not working ugggggggg   

ee667c2275c8452504885ae609676aa2.png

[DNTZ]
Members
215 posts
11,543 battles

I just logged a ticket as well.

Maybe between WG and players something will get figured out.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,957 posts
8,904 battles

Having the same issue.  I've gotten to where I just go double-click the proper .exe file in the WoWS folder.   Not sure why the launcher is suddenly so unreliable.

[DNTZ]
Members
215 posts
11,543 battles
5 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

Having the same issue.  I've gotten to where I just go double-click the proper .exe file in the WoWS folder.   Not sure why the launcher is suddenly so unreliable.

I'll have to try that is somehow 0.7.4.1 doesn't fix it...  Thanks.

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

It is an issue of not connecting to the server for some reason.  I do get an error message after it does not connect with the newest patch.

Edited by CylonRed

[DNTZ]
Members
215 posts
11,543 battles

I am not sure why I wouldn't see this issue once in 2+ years.  I upgrade video card and even do a fresh install and now I am seeing this issue.  My internet is working and very fast, so the issue isn't my internet.  A reboot works around it.

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles
38 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

It is an issue of not connecting to the server for some reason.  I do get an error message after it does not connect with the newest patch.

Just now got logged into the game.

[DNTZ]
Members
215 posts
11,543 battles
24 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Just now got logged into the game.

FYI - I wasn't referring to attempting during the downtime, but was seeing this issue over last few days.  Today there was a patch...