Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

About the Jutland twins

10 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

Those 2 Jutland Unique German Commanders get that enhanced Jack of all Trades which is nice, but they also get enhanced Vigilance skill? Any way to get Wargaming to change that to something a bit more useful like enhanced AFT, BFT, AR, SI, EM, CE, Manual AA, or Manual Secondaries? Vigilance while potentially helpful does not really fit in with most of the German Captain Builds...

Aside from maybe cruisers I do not see how I will fit the Vigilance into my BB or DD builds, and it would not exactly be a good Graf Zeppelin skill either lol. The 10% bonus to Jack of all Trades skill will be nice, since as a brawler my German BBs get a lot of fires. So some times try to equip them with High Alert. They also eat through premium Repair parties, so being able to have the -10% cooldown time for Damage Control and for Repair Party is very nice. Just wish the second skill would be little more useful.

Although guess I could get Torp Acquisition Mod, the enhanced Vigilance, and use my German hydro and really drive DDs bannas with the resulting Torp detection range... But that would be a bit more of a novelty to counter the other current novelty of Asashio. Not exactly long term practical approach though.

Members
1,859 posts
17,674 battles

Every line of KM ships gets hydro & Vigilance increases the hydro range for torp detection (not to mention the basic increased torp detection at all times whether hydro is being used or not)...that's pretty useful IMO. Although it is 3 skill point to use it & definitely not the 1st 3 point skill I would choose...or even the 2nd for any ship type.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

Personally I would love to have an extra 1-5% added to either BFT or AFT skills for added AA and secondary firepower. 

[POP]
Members
861 posts
9,877 battles

Vigilance is a great skill for DD's or cruisers that might get torped.!

I have it on my Loyang and the torp detection is now right at the distance where i can juke them torps from any angle without hydro.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

as long as they don't smell like boiled cabbage I'll be good with their skill sets.   

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
15 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

nope.  this is a fail skill since most german commanders don't use vigilance.  should be something for secondaries.

Maybe if you put him on a BB. Once you get past Nurnberg, Vigilance + KM hydro makes CAs pretty much immune to torpedoes.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,966 posts
10,751 battles
45 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

nope.  this is a fail skill since most german commanders don't use vigilance.  should be something for secondaries.

Agree

[WOLF2]
Members
162 posts
4,783 battles

Just for fun I put Vigilance on my Z52.  It is hilarious how far you can spot torps with hydro on, and even with it off.  I haven't used it in a while, and it makes pushing into shimas enjoyable.  I'll use these twins as cruiser capts.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,877 posts
5,259 battles

I run vigilance on a lot of my German battleships.  But I like to get in close and brawl.  Which is. . . how they should be played anyway.  Vigilance gives you some amazing torpedobeats.

But I'd take +20% to Secondary ROF on BFT too.

Sign in to follow this