You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Rumple_

Abruzzi AP is nasty!

52 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
1,251 posts
8,868 battles

Twenty three citadel hits on cruisers in one game. Forget the HE. AP is the way to go! Oh yeah, it's not the dog that more than half of the CC's made it out to be...

shot-18.05.09_21.10.22-0434.jpg

shot-18.05.09_21.10.31-0720.jpg

shot-18.05.09_21.11.45-0606.jpg

shot-18.05.09_21.12.05-0151.jpg

• Cool 5

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

Well done, though to be fair you were top tier pummeling 3 emeralds and we all know how strong their armor is haha. 

[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,215 battles

Good game, but not representative of the critiques by the CC's.  They pointed out that it is fine as top tier (which you were), but totally outclassed when not top tier.  If you can get that many citadels against Tier 8 & 9 opponents, then I'll think she is a strong ship.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Yeah the overall negative reviews of this ship are what's preventing me from getting it, despite it looking aesthetically pleasing. I am cutting back on real money purchases in games for a while, because I'll be doing some traveling later this year. The purchases I make have to count.

[SIDE]
Members
1,251 posts
8,868 battles
6 hours ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

Good game, but not representative of the critiques by the CC's.  They pointed out that it is fine as top tier (which you were), but totally outclassed when not top tier.  If you can get that many citadels against Tier 8 & 9 opponents, then I'll think she is a strong ship.

I'll give it a go! So far, only played something like 3-5 games in her and been fairly lucky in MM so far. First couple of games were mostly using HE(using IFHE), which was disappointing. The shell groupings are particularly nice; no obvious wild dispersion on the shells.

Don't think I've connected with a torp yet. Great range, but slow and seem to be easily avoided.

Edited by _Rumple_

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

A few good games does not a good ship make.  

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[RUSHB]
Members
863 posts
7,897 battles

Try that crap in a Tier 9 match which you fill find is the majority of your gaming experience at tier 7.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles
7 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

A few good games does not a good ship make.  

Nor does a negative review from a CC a bad ship make :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nor does a negative review from a CC a bad ship make :Smile_glasses:

No but a bad ship is a bad ship.  Abruzzi is a bad ship.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles
45 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

So you keep saying but yet you do not own it and haven't played it (regular game anyway maybe test server?).

I do on the other hand own it and have played it.  IMO it is not a bad ship. It is not OP, great, exceptional, amazing, stand out, etc... but it sure isn't bad. It's average/ok.

And FWIW I did not down vote you. :Smile_glasses:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
46 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

She isn't a bad ship, she just has nothing to make her really stand out, besides printing Dev Strikes. 

As @LittleWhiteMouse said she is a 'Mehbote', not bad but also not good either. I agree with @AdmiralThunder, she is not a bad ship, she just has nothing really going for her.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

I don't care about the down votes.  People can downvote me all they want to.  While I haven't played the Abruzzi, I've played the d'Aosta, quite a bit.  I've played AGAINST numerous Abruzzis.  I've played over 10k matches, so there's a bit of general experience too.  I don't need to play it to realize it's bad.  I don't need LWM to says it's garbage for me to arrive at that conclusion myself.  I know quite well what makes d'Aosta tick.  I know that Arbuzzi doesn't have those things, and a heal isn't going to make up for it.

Just because someone likes a ship, doesn't mean it's not garbage.  There are plenty of FUN ships out there that are BAD ships.  Mikasa is utter trash, but can be a lot of fun.  I'm in a minority, but Atlanta is hot garbage regardless of how fun pew pew pew can be.  I do not confuse fun, with good.  As the post above me says, Abruzzi has nothing going for her.  That makes her bad.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles
33 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I don't care about the down votes.  People can downvote me all they want to.  While I haven't played the Abruzzi, I've played the d'Aosta, quite a bit.  I've played AGAINST numerous Abruzzis.  I've played over 10k matches, so there's a bit of general experience too.  I don't need to play it to realize it's bad.  I don't need LWM to says it's garbage for me to arrive at that conclusion myself.  I know quite well what makes d'Aosta tick.  I know that Arbuzzi doesn't have those things, and a heal isn't going to make up for it.

Just because someone likes a ship, doesn't mean it's not garbage.  There are plenty of FUN ships out there that are BAD ships.  Mikasa is utter trash, but can be a lot of fun.  I'm in a minority, but Atlanta is hot garbage regardless of how fun pew pew pew can be.  I do not confuse fun, with good.  As the post above me says, Abruzzi has nothing going for her.  That makes her bad.

You are clearly set in stone on this and won't even listen to people, many of whom with thousands of WOWS games like you, who have played it which you admit you haven't. Abruzzi is not d'Aosta. Stop comparing them. It's cool you don't want to buy it but to keep calling it bad and garbage and such doesn't make you look very good. You have a lot of game experience and you are a better player than me for sure but at least I am keeping an open mind on it.

Whatever. Don't want to fight with you. Just a shame you keep jumping in on all the threads saying how bad it is when you don't really have the experience with the ship to say that. Sorry but that is true. Be different if you had played it but you haven't. And again your d'Aosta experience is irrelevant to Abruzzi.

Also, I said it was average/ok not fun. Most people you are arguing with are not praising it just saying it isn't as bad as you and some others have claimed.

Peace. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Bad 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

What's it do?  That's how I judge it, pure and simple.  Pensacola can at least hang it's hat on good guns, as can the also garbage Indianapolis.  Abruzzi doesn't have good guns.  It doesn't have good torps.  It doesn't have good armor, and even the heal doesn't give it good survivability.  It's rudder shift is worse than the d'aosta too, not to mention inferior ballistics because...I don't even know why the same guns, with the same shells have a worse drag value.

in order to be a mehbote, it would have to not suck at everything.  Abruzzi, is literally, from what I look at, the worst T7 cruiser in the game.  I can see benefits to play every, single other T7 cruiser.  That's not average.  That's not mediocre.  That's BAD.

If people want to "educate" me on what I am missing, I'll listen.  You're going to have to come at me with more than "you've never played it".  Why would I select this ship over any other T7 cruiser?  Hell, I'd rather play any other T6 cruiser I own, and that includes the Duca d'Aosta.  So give me facts.  What am I missing that raises this ship from utter trash, to "OK, that's a solid reason to play it" other than it looks amazing.  I'll give it that, it's a damned sexy ship model.  Then I'll give it some citadels.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Members
2,388 posts
7,693 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Nothing going for her? What about versatility? Great speed, agility, concealment and great set if consumables. One of the most versatile cruisers out there.

Just because you dont like the ship and the intended playstyle doesnt mean the ship is bad.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
2,388 posts
7,693 battles

As much as im enjoying Abruzzi, her AP is far from "nasty". In fact, if there is something that i was disappointed about Abruzzi was that AP performance. 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles

Of course you got 23 citadels.  You shot up three Emeralds.  She has a 25mm citadel roof.  Any IFHE throwing 152mm armed cruiser can citadel her with every single volley of HE that lands on her deck.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[STW-M]
Members
2,057 posts
5,874 battles
5 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Any IFHE throwing 152mm armed cruiser can citadel her with every single volley of HE that lands on her deck.

Is that so?

...*Stares at Cleveland*

Edited by Avenge_December_7

[WG-CC]
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
4 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Is that so?

...*Stares at Cleveland*

Yep, you just need IFHE to penetrate the 25mm there.  Make sure you aim just behind her 2nd funnel where the deck lowers.  Emerald has the added bane of having only 76mm of belt armour and a high water citadel (it goes all of the way up to the deck) behind the 2nd funnel.  She is the hardest ship in the game to make perform right now.  If you think you're good, play Emerald.

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,057 posts
5,874 battles
15 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Yep, you just need IFHE to penetrate the 25mm there.  Make sure you aim just behind her 2nd funnel where the deck lowers.  Emerald has the added bane of having only 76mm of belt armour and a high water citadel (it goes all of the way up to the deck) behind the 2nd funnel.  She is the hardest ship in the game to make perform right now.  If you think you're good, play Emerald.

*Ponders why I took CE before IFHE with an 11-pt captain*

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles
11 hours ago, Xlap said:

Nothing going for her? What about versatility? Great speed, agility, concealment and great set if consumables. One of the most versatile cruisers out there.

Just because you dont like the ship and the intended playstyle doesnt mean the ship is bad.

Sorry I don't see versatile there.  She's got decent speed true.  Agility is OK, and concealment's decent.  Doesn't have enough AA for DF to be very useful (I find panicking to be very hit or miss in the d'Aosta).  So yeah.  If it can't do damage, it's not good, and she doesn't do damage well or consistently.  There's still no reason to pick this ship over any other T7 cruiser in my book.

Look.  I want to like the ship.  WG overtiering garbage needs to stop though.  They need to build ships for the game as it  exists, and throwing consumables on weak ships just doesn't really get it done.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,388 posts
7,693 battles
26 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Sorry I don't see versatile there.  She's got decent speed true.  Agility is OK, and concealment's decent.  Doesn't have enough AA for DF to be very useful (I find panicking to be very hit or miss in the d'Aosta).  So yeah.  If it can't do damage, it's not good, and she doesn't do damage well or consistently.  There's still no reason to pick this ship over any other T7 cruiser in my book.

No? Which ship has good agility, speed, concealment Band consumables at T7? Maybe Belfast, but Belfast is OP, so its not a good comparisson. No other cruiser match all of this. 

About DF, few T7 cruisers have good AA, most of them is for self defense and for panic planes. Abruzzi mahces that. With the bônus that you dont need to chose between DF and hydro as others need. Combine that to the great mobility and you can evade most AS.

The Guns, you only really feel the difference when you are spamming HE att BBs. But Abruzzi can do much more than just spam HE att BBs. Abruzzi is a great ship to skirmish the enemy DDs and cruisers and support your own DDs.

If you want to spam HE att BBs, than i agree with you, therebis no reason to pick Abruzzi. But If you want to play aggressively at the front lines, Abruzzi is a great ship. One of the best at T7.

Look.  I want to like the ship.  WG overtiering garbage needs to stop though.  They need to build ships for the game as it  exists, and throwing consumables on weak ships just doesn't really get it done.

Garbage is a huge exaggeration from you. While i agree that Abruzzi has issues with the guns. The ship is far from garbage. The ship is not overtiered, the guns were overnerfed. 

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,966 battles
3 hours ago, Xlap said:

No? Which ship has good agility, speed, concealment Band consumables at T7? Maybe Belfast, but Belfast is OP, so its not a good comparisson. No other cruiser match all of this. 

About DF, few T7 cruisers have good AA, most of them is for self defense and for panic planes. Abruzzi mahces that. With the bônus that you dont need to chose between DF and hydro as others need. Combine that to the great mobility and you can evade most AS.

The Guns, you only really feel the difference when you are spamming HE att BBs. But Abruzzi can do much more than just spam HE att BBs. Abruzzi is a great ship to skirmish the enemy DDs and cruisers and support your own DDs.

If you want to spam HE att BBs, than i agree with you, therebis no reason to pick Abruzzi. But If you want to play aggressively at the front lines, Abruzzi is a great ship. One of the best at T7.

Garbage is a huge exaggeration from you. While i agree that Abruzzi has issues with the guns. The ship is far from garbage. The ship is not overtiered, the guns were overnerfed. 

I got one question when buying a premium: how does it do uptiered? If you had showed me a kraken in a T9 match, I would had been impressed. Beating on T5's when you're top tier? Not so much. Let me know how you do in a match when you're bottom tier though.

[WG-CC]
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
5 hours ago, Xlap said:

• Atlanta (Unlimited Defensive Fire / Standard Hydro and Radar), 6.6º/s rotation rate, 9.37km surface detection range.
  • Flint (Unlimited Defensive Fire / Standard Hydro and Smoke Generator), 6.6º/s rotation rate, 9.37km surface detection range.
  • Fiji (Hydro, Repair Party, Smoke Generator), 7.4º/s rotation rate, 9.83km surface detection range
  • Indianapolis (Extra charge of Defensive Fire / Standard Hydro and Radar), 6.1º/s rotation rate, 10.84km surface detection range.

These four all meet said criteria.