You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

21 comments in this topic

Members
216 posts
2,039 battles

image.thumb.png.afaea8d799de78b8dbf6da0f750a13c4.png

Texas is terrible. I should be able to get 7 million credits in one game with a T5 premium. I should be doing 400,000 damage a game in this ship too. And the AA sucks. I can only get 29 planes shot down in one game. I should be able to have AA that stretches out for 20 km!! This is unfair. Please buff WG 

/s if you didn't recognize already

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
5 minutes ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Texas is terrible. I should be able to get 7 million credits in one game with a T5 premium. I should be doing 400,000 damage a game in this ship too. And the AA sucks. I can only get 29 planes shot down in one game. I should be able to have AA that stretches out for 20 km!! This is unfair. Please buff WG 

Isn't even that great of a leg puller...

Members
216 posts
2,039 battles
11 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

Isn't even that great of a leg puller...

Eh whatever, kinda meant for it to be that way

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

I heard Texas was a bit hot in the summer, but not bad.

• Cool 1

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

Oh, it's bad.  It's bad.

Members
216 posts
2,039 battles
8 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

You didn't get a Kraken. You have failed us all. To the Gulag with you!

There was actually a Giulio that was at 160 health, and I got a turret pen on him (no damage). Our CV then killed him. Darn

Members
6,898 posts
7,508 battles
5 hours ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

There was actually a Giulio that was at 160 health, and I got a turret pen on him (no damage). Our CV then killed him. Darn

I backed into a Clemson who thought he was oh so smart for a DH in TX once. The salt flowed, it was epic. My slow a/f BB taking out a DD by ramming.

[CVA16]
Members
2,266 posts
9,841 battles

For me it is one of my cursed ships. Have trouble getting wins. Rarely see CVs and, when present, they keep their planes outside my small AA bubble. Not saying it is a bad ship, just that I have trouble doing well in it. Could have something to do with me getting the Texas about the time WG rolled out that OP Italian BB.

Would love to have a game like the OP.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
1,559 posts
9,975 battles
15 hours ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

I totally agree. Damn them with these awful prem ships. 

[SPTR]
Members
1,644 posts
848 battles
15 hours ago, SavageTactical said:

I assume this guy only read the title and not the thread.

It wouldn't be the first time someone's done that...

[STW-M]
Members
2,042 posts
5,854 battles

When given a decent MM like 4-5 or 5-6 (or a game with tier 4-6 CVs), Texas rocks. No CV can touch her, and she can still stand up pretty well against tier 6 ships, while being quite good at tier 4 and 5.

When tier 7 ships like Saipan and Nelson start popping up, all one can do is pray that the gods of overmatch and random citadels are merciful, the local enemy destroyer doesn't decide to make sure you take your daily diet in fish while laughing at your pathetic dispersion, the cruisers don't decide to make a Texan barbecue, and Kaga decides that it prefers deleting someone else like the friendly Giulio Cesare this strike wave.

It's a good ship, and I love her, but she struggles severely against tier 7 opposition.

360 posts
194 battles
On 5/10/2018 at 11:51 AM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I backed into a Clemson who thought he was oh so smart for a DH in TX once. The salt flowed, it was epic. My slow a/f BB taking out a DD by ramming.

Clemson getting steamrolled by Texas (A&M) is usually how it goes.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
On 5/10/2018 at 10:59 AM, Sabot_100 said:

For me it is one of my cursed ships. Have trouble getting wins. Rarely see CVs and, when present, they keep their planes outside my small AA bubble. Not saying it is a bad ship, just that I have trouble doing well in it. Could have something to do with me getting the Texas about the time WG rolled out that OP Italian BB.

Yeah, I've had it a heck of a lot longer, and for me, it has this really great WR I don't want to touch and ruin, so it's a bit of a quandry: I have her in port, but I feel like I shouldn't be allowed to play her anymore.

For me, my cursed ship is the Budyonny. My goodness. When I don't screw up in it(rare) I get a battle where 100000% of the advantages go to the other team and my own team are nearly all window-lickers.

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,517 battles

TEXAS NOT BAD , BUT  HE NEED YOUR HIS CATAPULT PLANE , IT HELP TEXAS vs spot DD

Texas-16.JPG

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,237 battles

The dispersion on Texas feels like lasers after playing other BB for a while. The super slow speed makes it hard to do anything but push in one direction though. If you pick the wrong course it takes forever to get anywhere else.  It's so slow if you don't put yourself in a place where you can engage lots of map area you wind up doing a whole lot of nothing. On the flip side if you put yourself in a position where you can shoot more than one thing you're so easy to hit by everything and you can't get away quickly at all. 

The guns are sweet but I could probably run down the street on my elbows faster than the Texas moves at top speed.

Members
4,164 posts
On 6/28/2018 at 12:52 PM, Vekta408 said:

The super slow speed makes it hard to do anything but push in one direction though.

I always hear that about US battleships. In all the games I've had maybe a couple, out of hundreds, where I've had a problem getting into range and doing damage.  And that's starting at half speed for the first 2 or so minutes.

Beta Testers
405 posts
4,788 battles

It's a meme.  The nice thing about memes is that they require no actual first hand knowledge, just a repetition of the meme in question.  The slow speed of American battleships, about 39kph, compared to Japanese battleships is about 200m per minute.  So basically, very few people can deal with 0.2km in distance when operating a US BB.  Even though by the end of the match a "fast" Japanese BB will have traveled 3km farther, they are usually riding the map border "sniping" which makes their speed in relation to influencing the match debatable anyway.

• Bad 1

[S_B]
Members
416 posts
10,697 battles
On 5/10/2018 at 12:59 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Used to be a better ship than it is now imho due to more and better ships out there. I take it out rarely anymore but it used to be a favorite as I working thru Tier 5's on the tech tree.