You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crzyhawk

Russian captain quests

15 comments in this topic

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

I'm not feeling too hot tonight, so I will be playing a bit of co-op.  If anyone still needs their german and/or japanese kills, hit me up and I'll play IJN or German and div with you to help get your kills.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
25,031 battles
5 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I'm not feeling too hot tonight, so I will be playing a bit of co-op.  If anyone still needs their german and/or japanese kills, hit me up and I'll play IJN or German and div with you to help get your kills.

I’m a bit slow tonight myself. For a moment I was thinking “So this guy is encouraging us to TK him?”  :cap_haloween:

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,966 battles

Should had asked me 2-3 hours ago. Got the CO. Training him now on the Leningrad.

So what ships would you use him for?

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,670 posts
3,824 battles

Better to do the current ops, plenty of German and Japanese ships to kill there.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

if you can find enough people to get into the one.

I am setting up my captain for my RU DDs.  The guns on the Gremy feel a bit more comfy so far.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

With him, Gremy's guns handle better than the T6 Pensacola's will with the rotation mod + john doe

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

Defense of Naval Station Newport is the current op with both IJN and German ships to kill. This makes completing the mission a breeze imo.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles

Over the weekend i logged alot of games in the german and japanese boats. Sometimes even doing a salvo or two to help them out.

Wish i had a high enough russian ship to do it myself, but didnt want to buy any of the premiums and didnt have enough tine to grind through my t5's.

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles
50 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

Over the weekend i logged alot of games in the german and japanese boats. Sometimes even doing a salvo or two to help them out.

Wish i had a high enough russian ship to do it myself, but didnt want to buy any of the premiums and didnt have enough tine to grind through my t5's.

You still have time to grind through your T5s...they actually go pretty quick.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
1 hour ago, Landing_Skipper said:

I’m a bit slow tonight myself. For a moment I was thinking “So this guy is encouraging us to TK him?”  :cap_haloween:

I'm pretty sure you don't get credit for team killing; but ... then again ... maybe I should re-read the mission requirements.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
2 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Should had asked me 2-3 hours ago. Got the CO. Training him now on the Leningrad.

Tossed mine onto the Podvoisky..  I also have a Okitikami premium for him too.

Seems to like RU DD work.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
25,031 battles
4 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Nikolai and Oktober Revolution. He’s a BB captain. Preventative Maintenace, Expert Marksman and especially High Alert are great for BB.  

Would go well on Moskva too except that ship and I don’t get along well. 

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,722 battles

I would recommend running the current weekly operation (Defense of Newport Station) a few times. It should be very easy to accomplish this doing this. And while the boosted PM and EM is good for tier 2-7 and Tashkent (assuming you are using MBM 3), HA is a completely unnecessary skill for the DDs. You also don't need PM nor HA on the cruisers. As @Landing_Skipper stated, this captain, and the upcoming matching one are both best suited for battleships. Honestly, I would have preferred something like a boosted PM and say SE or BFT for a DD captain.

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,338 battles

I finally got through it just abandoning objectives and hunting german ships only.  lol.    

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
55 posts
2,275 battles
17 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Defense of Naval Station Newport is the current op with both IJN and German ships to kill. This makes completing the mission a breeze imo.

I had one of 6 kills needed going into the op. Got the other 5 kills, plus a 5 star rating first time out.

Plenty of options during the op, including ships as low as the T4 Kuma.