Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Scharnhorst has returned

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles

I know ever since Scharnhorst among other ships got pulled from the shop there have been people asking about them. And just in case anyone has missed the patch notes. The Scharnhorst and few other ships will be in the shop tomorrow just in time for use over the Summer.

73225EE9-B8C7-466F-A7BD-F1369E409E09.thumb.png.a3e744f2d40f445f064617b3c58dadb3.png

Lol between Atlanta coming back to the shop and Narai Scenerio returning as well, I predict those of you able to buy an Atlanta and premium time  will be doing a lot of XP farming.., :cap_haloween:

Personally I think it will be nice to see Scharnhorst in battles again :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

Scharnhorst you beauty, feel the love

Scharnhorst.jpg.c725d6349d4a43965e11958aea080626.jpg

 

Really such a sleek beauty and a Queen at her tier.

5af3941710088_Scharnhorst2.thumb.jpg.0fd2b9baad215ef2662b30e63db623c1.jpg

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,481 posts
2,334 battles

Weird that it's just Yubari leaving. AA and happy meal deal game too strong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,018 posts
13,038 battles

PSA... Please don't let this purchase be your first T7 BB. The Shiny Horse is a good ship but it won't carry the inexperienced when being bottomed tiered by T8s & 9s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

Or, you could always buy it and play it in Co-op until you have T7 BBs and a bit more experience.  That way, you have it, if it goes off sale again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
24,992 battles

Wait!  Okhotnik returns?  Seven (7) cruiser guns on an incredibly low DD chassis...  Oh, did I forget to mention the twelve (12) torpedoes it can launch at once?  Yes, they only go 4.5 km but it is glorious when you have a chance to use them. 

Sorry. I just thought WG would never sell Okhotnik again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
11 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

PSA... Please don't let this purchase be your first T7 BB. The Shiny Horse is a good ship but it won't carry the inexperienced when being bottomed tiered by T8s & 9s

Lol don’t worry I can’t afford to the cost to buy a Scharnhorst, despite the fact I could probably make very good use of her since I have a ton of battles logged in mid tiers and high tiers in various ships including Gneisenau and Graf Spee which Scharnhorst is pretty much a combined version of the 2 ships.

I do enjoy using the arch enemy of Scharnhorst, the Duke of Yourk lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,456
[O_O]
Members
4,401 posts
9,529 battles

To all potential buyers:

Scharnhorst is NOT an over-powered, pay to win, monster must have.  She has several real weaknesses, especially for a battleship.  Don't let forum and/or in-game hype lead you astray.

Having said that, Scharnhorst is as close to a must-buy as you can get.  "Wait, WUT?!?  But you just said...!?!"

Indeed, I did.  My warnings stand.  What I have not yet mentioned is that despite her weaknesses, Scharnhorst is simply damned fun to play.  In that regard, believe ALL of the forum and/or in-game hype.  The enjoyment may well lead you to play a lot of games with her.  If you do that, you will likely learn to maximize her strengths, hide her weaknesses, and become a terror of the seas.  She is capable of doing that for you.

But, you have to learn how to do it.  Scharnhorst makes that learning process darned easy/fun.

10/10 on the recommend scale, and for all of the right reasons (Belfast and Kamikaze would also be on the 10/10 scale, but for all of the dirtiest reasons!).

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
38 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Scharnhorst you beauty, feel the love

Scharnhorst.jpg.c725d6349d4a43965e11958aea080626.jpg

 

Really such a sleek beauty and a Queen at her tier.

5af3941710088_Scharnhorst2.thumb.jpg.0fd2b9baad215ef2662b30e63db623c1.jpg

I agree, it is a beautiful and elegant ship to see sailing across the waves. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I agree, it is a beautiful and elegant ship to see sailing across the waves. :Smile_Default:

Yes right up there with the Atago and Graf Spee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178
[WPP]
Members
515 posts
5,418 battles
40 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Weird that it's just Yubari leaving. AA and happy meal deal game too strong. 

Right now there's really not much else to cut.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles
27 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol don’t worry I can’t afford to the cost to buy a Scharnhorst, despite the fact I could probably make very good use of her since I have a ton of battles logged in mid tiers and high tiers in various ships including Gneisenau and Graf Spee which Scharnhorst is pretty much a combined version of the 2 ships.

I do enjoy using the arch enemy of Scharnhorst, the Duke of Yourk lol.

After reading some of the things you said about why you don't play the Soviet lines for the commander mission, I'm surprised you play German ships (or Japanese). Figured you'd stick with just the good old allied ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
4 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

After reading some of the things you said about why you don't play the Soviet lines for the commander mission, I'm surprised you play German ships (or Japanese). Figured you'd stick with just the good old allied ships.

Lol not sure where you got those ideas, I play the high quality quality naval nations like Britain, US, Germany, Japan, and France. And most of what I use is Japanese followed by Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
691
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
10 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I know ever since Scharnhorst among other ships got pulled from the shop there have been people asking about them. And just in case anyone has missed the patch notes. The Scharnhorst and few other ships will be in the shop tomorrow just in time for use over the Summer.

73225EE9-B8C7-466F-A7BD-F1369E409E09.thumb.png.a3e744f2d40f445f064617b3c58dadb3.png

Lol between Atlanta coming back to the shop and Narai Scenerio returning as well, I predict those of you able to buy an Atlanta and premium time  will be doing a lot of XP farming.., :cap_haloween:

Personally I think it will be nice to see Scharnhorst in battles again :Smile_Default:

Must be in other areas than  NA then because when I looked(Yesterday afternoon) they weren't there maybe today

Edited by shadowsrmine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,350
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles

While some of these may wind up in the Premium shop (Dunkerque has been there for a while now and still is as of right now) that notice is saying those ships will be available through the tech tree for doubloons. It doesn't say in the shop. Just clarifying so people know where to look "IF" they aren't in the shop too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
180
[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,554 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Must be in other areas than  NA then because when I looked(Yesterday afternoon) they weren't there maybe today

Should be there this morning after the update to 0.7.4.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[POP]
Members
299 posts
4,904 battles

One of the most fun ships to play. Guns are weak at max distance but play it like a brawler and it is real powerful (IMO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[H_]
Members
231 posts
7,210 battles

Costs?  I have the Scharnhorst, okhotnik, and the dunk, but would seriously consider spending some dub's for the Atlanta is it reasonably priced?

Love the Scharnhorst and the OK is fun as heck, not a big fan of the Dunk though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
Members
9,961 posts
27 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

Costs?  I have the Scharnhorst, okhotnik, and the dunk, but would seriously consider spending some dub's for the Atlanta is it reasonably priced?

Love the Scharnhorst and the OK is fun as heck, not a big fan of the Dunk though..

Atlanta has never been reasonably priced...:Smile_teethhappy:

They want 9k doubloons for it, even with cheap doubloons bringing it under $20, not sure it's worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
15 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

To all potential buyers:

Scharnhorst is NOT an over-powered, pay to win, monster must have.  She has several real weaknesses, especially for a battleship.  Don't let forum and/or in-game hype lead you astray.

Having said that, Scharnhorst is as close to a must-buy as you can get.  "Wait, WUT?!?  But you just said...!?!"

Indeed, I did.  My warnings stand.  What I have not yet mentioned is that despite her weaknesses, Scharnhorst is simply damned fun to play.  In that regard, believe ALL of the forum and/or in-game hype.  The enjoyment may well lead you to play a lot of games with her.  If you do that, you will likely learn to maximize her strengths, hide her weaknesses, and become a terror of the seas.  She is capable of doing that for you.

But, you have to learn how to do it.  Scharnhorst makes that learning process darned easy/fun.

10/10 on the recommend scale, and for all of the right reasons (Belfast and Kamikaze would also be on the 10/10 scale, but for all of the dirtiest reasons!).

That sums her up perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
Members
9,961 posts
20 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

That sums her up perfectly.

And yet the seas will be full of salty spuds, who thought the Shineyhorse was an I win button....:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
4 hours ago, karmajay said:

One of the most fun ships to play. Guns are weak at max distance but play it like a brawler and it is real powerful (IMO)

Yeah those 11’ guns are fun. While not exactly the same as my Graf Spee guns, they are very similar since Graf Spee is the predecessor of Scharnhorst class.

Was just looking at Scharnhorst in Port shop and noticed something interesting. If you compare the the Scharnhorst and the Graf Spee from the sides and even head on they do share interesting  resemblance from the main turrets, some of the secondary guns, and some of the super structural elements as well. Gneisenau moves far enough away in its changes that it makes it more of Bismarck / Scharnhorst Hybrid. But looking at Scharnhorst after doing a lot of research of history of Graf Spee and using Graf Spee a lot I see the similarities Scharnhorst has now.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
Added more content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
19 minutes ago, awiggin said:

And yet the seas will be full of salty spuds, who thought the Shineyhorse was an I win button....:Smile_teethhappy:

I have the perfect tier 1 Duck League BB for them.

5af4865edd568_DonaldDuck.jpg.ef2504121fa70a1bdb060c0355d71d22.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×