You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

New Update question

18 comments in this topic

Members
240 posts
4,670 battles

I have three choices with this new update. Buying the Scharn, Mutuso or a just going for a permo camo for my Yamato. Which should I choose as I only have money for one? TIA

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Depends on you. Mutsu sucks, so that would be last on my list. If you like Yamato enough to play it you will definitely need the premium camo to not lose money doing it. Scharnhorst is fun but not nearly as much or a strong as it was 6 months ago.

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,337 battles
32 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Depends on you. Mutsu sucks, so that would be last on my list. If you like Yamato enough to play it you will definitely need the premium camo to not lose money doing it. Scharnhorst is fun but not nearly as much or a strong as it was 6 months ago.

What he said.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I have three choices with this new update. Buying the Scharn, Mutuso or a just going for a permo camo for my Yamato. Which should I choose as I only have money for one? TIA

I personally would go with Scharnhorst, though @w4spl3g is definitely correct when he says you will want the permanent camo if you're going to play your Yammy often. Mutsu is a definite dog; I won one out of a supercrate and it's a harbor queen for me.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

Get the Shiney Horse or the permanent camo for the Tomato and I would lean towards the camo for the 50% reduction in service costs.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I like scharn...no science to back it up, but I'd bet 90% (or maybe more) of the folks that play WoWs like their Scharn

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

I like scharn...no science to back it up, but I'd bet 90% (or maybe more) of the folks that play WoWs like their Scharn

I am one of those 90% My Scharnhorst is my goto Credit /Exp earner, over 1500 battles in her .

My Credits are  and have been over 200 mil for quite some time.

I have 75 ships in port and it is because of the Scharnhorst's Earning ability.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,861 posts
13,078 battles

Scharn

Yamato camo

Mutsu

I have all three, and would rank them thus.

The Scharn is an extremely capable and versatile T7 BB.

Members
1,156 posts
3,146 battles
1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

Scharnhorst is fun but not nearly as much or a strong as it was 6 months ago.

Why do you say this? 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
10 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Why do you say this? 

The main reason is other players. The meta is camping clustered behind islands at max range and being terrified to take a hit. That's the antithesis of KM BB design, so the whole line has suffered greatly from it. Then you factor in AP bombs, the worst torp belt with the addition of things like PA DDs, etc. It becomes far less fun to play, in my opinion. I'm speaking from the perspective of the overwhelming majority of my games being in PvP Random queues too. It's still perfectly good in PvE.

My first line in the game was KM BBs before I branched out. GK was my first T10. None of them are as fun as they used to be. Recently I've been grinding cruisers but I main DDs (I have and play T10 everything but Russian) because I discovered my love of stealth torping with IJN (Shimakaze being my 2nd T10 and most played ship).

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
947 posts
5,995 battles

How exactly has the Scharnhorst gotten weaker over the past 6 months?

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
11 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I am one of those 90% My Scharnhorst is my goto Credit /Exp earner, over 1500 battles in her .

Is there a built in XP/credit buff (over and above the usual "premium camo given to premium ships" benefit), or is she just your One Big Successful Ship?

[HINON]
Members
9,059 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is there a built in XP/credit buff (over and above the usual "premium camo given to premium ships" benefit), or is she just your One Big Successful Ship?

There is a cheaper service fee for premiums which increases your net.

[SF-3]
Members
1,540 posts
8,175 battles

Buy the Scharn, earn a perma camo from the HSF collection and forget the mutsu.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Scharnhorst is my fav ship because of the tier 7 MM the Expense is minimal post battle it is an easy ship for high damage output and It is the most Fun one could have without a  guilty conscience. 

Members
9,997 posts
7 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

How exactly has the Scharnhorst gotten weaker over the past 6 months?

Power creep is a thing in this game....I think W4sp covered it in the post above your's.

Shiney just isn't as shiney with all the new shineys out there....:Smile_teethhappy:

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,807 battles

Go Scharnhorst !! (the Mutsu isn't worth consideration at all !! ) As far as premium camos I have them on all of my T10 ships ! (yes I can go full on potato and not lose $ilver)

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

Mutsu is ok...kinda fun.  I gotz mine as an Xmas crate gift so I feel obligated to drag it out of mothballs every so often.  But Scharnhorst is much more gooder'.  I drag it out whenever I feel the urge to poop on Tier 6 - 8 cruisers.