Admiral_Thrawn_1

IFHE and DE skills on Monarch?

7 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,194 posts
8,940 battles

Likely getting Monarch today and already have 10 point Captain with some of the essential RN BB skills like CE for example. Moving forward though I am wondering if any HE Based skills will be needed? Or just to proceed with things to help the survivability and AA...

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,320 battles

You don't want IFHE on most big guns as it provides little additional value in pushing over any armor thresholds. Also, the British have great HE penetration as it is on their battleships so using IFHE is a redundant waste of points. Survivability skills are probably more advantageous to the British considering their amazing healing abilities and concealment.

Edited by Spieges
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,194 posts
8,940 battles

Ok thanks, had wondered about why I had not heard of IFHE or DE on RN BBs lol.

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,320 battles
17 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ok thanks, had wondered about why I had not heard of IFHE or DE on RN BBs lol.

Heres a link to a handy chart someone made that tells you if the penetration value increase is worth it on each type of gun. It's not full updated but you can see a general trend.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/5ordcb/datamined_list_of_ifhe_penetration_changes/

• Cool 1

[NGA]
[NGA]
Members
316 posts
4,645 battles
On 12/05/2018 at 8:33 AM, Exciton8964 said:

Definitely no.

Monarch is better played as an ambush AP-first BB.

This, stealth her up to the max and pounce on sleepy BB/CA drivers from behind islands with AP. 

I have a love/hate relationship with my Monarch. Hate what she is (a lazy/poor attempt at a 15" KGV when the actual design study was quite a bit different), but love how she plays. I don't even use her HE anymore, still manage to average 61k. 

The AA isn't that bad either if you spec her for it. She isn't NC level, but you can thoroughly deplane a Tier VIII CV if they are foolish enough to think you are easy pickings. 

Edited by Monty9185