You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Merlox

WG Doing any thing to combat the afk?

17 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,296 battles

Seems like this is pointless, but It's been years since this game came out, and there are still people who just sits (Or reverses) and AFK constantly in games, getting paired with these people are extremely frustrating. Even changing these into a bot after 4-5 minutes of afk would at least do /something/ instead of sitting there or going reverse.

I'm trying to get some new people onto this game, and I've realized how rampant this is on tiers 4-5. It's still a thing higher tiers, but way less thanks to the grind.

I've seen these forum topics before, and there's always the guys who say "Yeah, we all go afk some times, real crap happens" I totally get that, but there's these accounts who have 500+ battles and just looking at their stats it's painfully obvious that they just do this over and over. I know the forums hates posting these accounts, and they go "Oh, it's not nice" so I won't. 

So I honestly don't know what to do but show by discontent through here. The mark AFK button obviously doesn't do any thing as these guys have most likely been marked hundreds of times. These people are pretty much ruining our experience and will most likely never actually contribute to this game. 

What can WG do? They can easily give the players who rack up the afk / quitting the orange name treatment that the TKers get. 

Edited by Merlox

[BIAS]
Members
3,156 posts
9,283 battles

Ummmm, your suggestion about the orange treatment is exactly what WG is doing... 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,296 battles
6 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Ummmm, your suggestion about the orange treatment is exactly what WG is doing... 

Welp. You guys got me there before the rest of the community drives it down my throat. 

I guess to follow up with that, I'm sad that it's not effecting these current players that i'm still running into. It's pretty hard to encourage new players let alone keep positive when we lose due to multiple ships going reverse & afk. =/ 

[STW-M]
Members
2,105 posts
5,907 battles

Yep, new disciplinary system came out, read all about it in 0.7.4 patch notes.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,296 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Troll Much?

How is this in any way a Troll? I've pretty much tried to be as untrolly as possible. I have been notified that there has been some type of system that has been activated but after a few super unpleasant games where this has happened all you can say is "Troll Much"? 

Get real man.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
Just now, Merlox said:

How is this in any way a Troll? I've pretty much tried to be as untrolly as possible. I have been notified that there has been some type of system that has been activated but after a few super unpleasant games where this has happened all you can say is "Troll Much"? 

Get real man.

You live under a Rock? under a bridge? Your question has been asked many times  already. Your computer search function broken? 

This is and will be the Troll Question of the week. Use the Search Option before you ask a question so obvious.

• Bad 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,156 posts
9,283 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

You live under a Rock? under a bridge? Your question has been asked many times  already. Your computer search function broken? 

This is and will be the Troll Question of the week. Use the Search Option before you ask a question so obvious.

We all overlook or misunderstand something. If he was a troll he wouldn't have come all nicely admitting that he missed it. 

Someone purposely inciting someone in the manner you have chosen to is definitely trolly. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles

B A I T !

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles

Bad 1       Oh Boo Hoo !

• Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,417 posts
12,059 battles

I don't know about Troll but I was going to ask where you have been, that you were not aware. If you read the update page when they occur you should be pretty much filled in on what's happening.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
39 minutes ago, Merlox said:

guess to follow up with that, I'm sad that it's not effecting these current players that i'm still running into. It's pretty hard to encourage new players let alone keep positive when we lose due to multiple ships going reverse & afk. =/ 

When someone has a 35%WR, there is not a large incentive to avoid afk....after all, they get screwed in MM and get all the potatoes on their team. So when you look at it like that, you realize that a certain amount of crap players/ afk'ers/ others will not admit they are being punished, thus have no reason to change.

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
567 battles

Yes, they're raking in the money to combat the problem. Best to just yolo and get on to the next match

Members
3,489 posts
6,187 battles

It is an online game - people will be people and there is no real good 'fix' for it.  There was a thread recently in the forums where a team had 3 on their team and they still won.

Edited by CylonRed

Members
18,310 posts
5,232 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Use the Search Option before you ask a question so obvious.

Meh, search function's kife. You'll get a quicker answer just posting.

Imagine if everyone used the search function. General Discussion would consist of 9 locked necro threads.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,038 posts

i don't understand the AFK logic, they get 0 xp and will lose credit, what's the point even start battle if they want to AFK?