You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Any idea how Massachusetts will be released?

24 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles

Any idea how Massachusetts will be released? Cash only, Doubloons, Free XP, or as Campaign/ Mission ship?

I am less than 50k Free XP away from Nelson, but if the chance that Massachusetts could be Free XP exists I am wondering if I should wait? Massachusetts could be good ship to have to tag team with my Missouri for the Halsey Campaign. And based on various news on the Massachusetts I would not be the least bit surprised if she were released during the Summer.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles

If she is released as a Free XP ship, it won't be the next Free XP ship, as WoW said the next one will not be a BB.

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

If she is released as a Free XP ship, it won't be the next Free XP ship, as WoW said the next one will not be a BB.

Oh that is good news then, guess Nelson it is for my Free XP. I can then begin saving up free XP again for either Musashi or what ever the other Free XP ships will be.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,678 battles

While I don't know for sure, I'd suspect it will be a premium shop package deal of some sort. It's a well known ship and WG rarely passes up on making money on these things.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,228 posts
12,756 battles
2 minutes ago, Bravo_Zulu_000 said:

While I don't know for sure, I'd suspect it will be a premium shop package deal of some sort.

^ 99% it's that.

• Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,179 posts
11,693 battles

The last I remember hearing, was that it's been shelved because an Alabama clone isn't something there's a strong need for at the moment.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

Any idea how Massachusetts will be released?

it will be a lot like the closing scene of "Free My Willy".  A touching story about a small boy that raises a brawling USN Battleship, but eventually has to release the BB into the wild so that it can frolic with (and kill) its own kind.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,860 posts
10,641 battles
6 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

The last I remember hearing, was that it's been shelved because an Alabama clone isn't something there's a strong need for at the moment.

Yeah but they have since changed that with the secondary buffs into a different playstyle ship. It is no longer a Bama clone. It is going to be a brawler.

JMHO but I believe it will be a Premium we can buy and probably come out either with US Crusier line split or around July 4th but...? 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,860 posts
10,641 battles
23 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Next one probably Kronstadt

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles
15 minutes ago, Bravo_Zulu_000 said:

While I don't know for sure, I'd suspect it will be a premium shop package deal of some sort. It's a well known ship and WG rarely passes up on making money on these things.

Except that Alabama is already cash or Doubloons ship. And Wargaming does not usually charge for one ship and then charge for the sister ship as well.

King George V is tech tree ship and Duke of York was available in Campaign, but also was for cash or Doubloons I think?

Iowa is tech tree ship, Missouri is a premium.

Kagero is tech tree ship and Harekaze is cash only.

Nagato is tech tree ship and Mutsu is cash or Doubloon ship.

Hipper is Tech Tree ship and Prinz Eugen is Cash or Doubloons ship

Members
3,564 posts
6,886 battles

My Japanese captains can't wait to sink her. Having trouble with the name though...

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Oh that is good news then, guess Nelson it is for my Free XP. I can then begin saving up free XP again for either Musashi or what ever the other Free XP ships will be.

Yeah; it's not like they change Free XP ships every month like premium ships.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles
44 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah but they have since changed that with the secondary buffs into a different playstyle ship. It is no longer a Bama clone. It is going to be a brawler.

JMHO but I believe it will be a Premium we can buy and probably come out either with US Crusier line split or around July 4th but...? 

That's completely true, and hopefully they will really make her a good brawler.  I saw one of the Devs mention there were many comments on the forums about Mamie, so I expect them to cash in and make her a Premium, perhaps in a bundle.

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles

July sometime if it is released at all. Wargaming likes to release battleships on big holidays. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,814 battles

You all screamed for the Alabama. No Massachusetts  for all of you. :cap_wander:

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

With her wacky design of a USN BB w/ Secondary focus (i.e. she will be a total piece of crap) she will almost certainty be a store/doubloons ship. The next Free XP ship (that we are aware of) is the Kron, and the next 'free' ship is likely to be either the Mongham and/or the Boise.

Members
18,249 posts
5,219 battles
18 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Except that Alabama is already cash or Doubloons ship. And Wargaming does not usually charge for one ship and then charge for the sister ship as well.

King George V is tech tree ship and Duke of York was available in Campaign, but also was for cash or Doubloons I think?

Iowa is tech tree ship, Missouri is a premium.

Kagero is tech tree ship and Harekaze is cash only.

Nagato is tech tree ship and Mutsu is cash or Doubloon ship.

Hipper is Tech Tree ship and Prinz Eugen is Cash or Doubloons ship

Amagi is tech tree, and Ashitaka and Kii are cash/doubloon ships, so there is precedent.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
19 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Any idea how Massachusetts will be released? Cash only, Doubloons, Free XP, or as Campaign/ Mission ship?

I am less than 50k Free XP away from Nelson, but if the chance that Massachusetts could be Free XP exists I am wondering if I should wait? Massachusetts could be good ship to have to tag team with my Missouri for the Halsey Campaign. And based on various news on the Massachusetts I would not be the least bit surprised if she were released during the Summer.

Hopefully just cash along with the cruiser split as part of the “American Arc.”

Can’t wait to buy her.   I already brawl with Alabama... having a version of the ship tweaked to be even better at brawling will be fantastic!

[YORHA]
Members
3,338 posts

I was just watching Flamu take it out for a spin and....   nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

That dispersion.

And I have collected every US BB except the Ark B.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles
21 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Hopefully just cash along with the cruiser split as part of the “American Arc.”

Can’t wait to buy her.   I already brawl with Alabama... having a version of the ship tweaked to be even better at brawling will be fantastic!

I agree completely!  I have an Alabama too, and have been impressed by its feeling of "toughness".  I've actually been killed by a Bama, while in my Yamato...and was shocked it happened,  good ship...hope the Mass is even better.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I was just watching Flamu take it out for a spin and....   nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

That dispersion.

Hopefully they fix it before release...maybe live with a 1.8 sigma, but hoping they return it to 1.9

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,491 posts
3,435 battles

It's still in testing. Also, WG said they're holding her back until they feel the time is right to release her. As she is now, she just needs the 6th Module slot (T9/T10 module options) to balance her; pick the USN accuracy module for tighter dispersion or the secondary RoF module for faster-firing secondaries.

That aside, I suspect maybe not until July 4th as another 'Murrica ship to score easy profit on, and via the usual online shop w/ Bundle options.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

That dispersion.

Too bad you missed the Ark B.  It's amazing!  I really feel bad for other other players when I play it.  I don't even feel that way in Nikolai.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

Perhaps even before July

image.thumb.png.f580256d81da7f5423edbb5a1674e5f6.png