You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_MiDKnighTx_

How I Imagine Going Up The Middle Channel on Two Brothers Will Go...

14 comments in this topic

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,312 battles

How I Imagine Going Up The Middle Channel on Two Brothers Will Go...

Reality is just a wee bit different...

Members
2,481 posts
2,334 battles

Interesting seeing be done by a single person for once. I'm used to seeing people follow Flambass into the channel when he does it. 

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
324 posts
4,656 battles

If there are no carriers and you can bait the enemy team to either side of their starting positions then put a couple DDs and cruisers with ROF then charge up both sides engaging the reserves...

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles

Lol have had handful of Middle channel battles that felt like this, although not gone as high as 7 kills though. Typically when enemy figures out that you are killing them off then then flee down either side, it makes it harder to keep up a nice chain of kills at that point. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,815 battles

It's actually a very rewarding tactic in co op battles where if the bots decides to go there, they ALL go there and you can park your ship by the rock and salvo their broadsides one by one or torp them.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,831 posts
4,724 battles

More accurate how it goes:

[DRG_N]
Members
420 posts
582 battles

I've done it in my AA-specced Colorado while top tier.  The carriers were tier five, and there was only one per side.  I decided that a Colorado had little to fear from a Bogue and had more than enough firepower and armor to deal with tier 5's and 6's.  I was entirely correct, that poor, poor enemy team.  Everyone expected it to go as a regular Two Brothers match, with everyone following the meta like gospel, suddenly an angry Colorado appears behind them, their Nagato gets dev struck, and all thats in front of me are a Furutaka and an Emerald while I ravaged the Bogue's air wing like a Viking party at a convent.

Much violence was had.

• Cool 1

Members
44 posts
6,311 battles

I have tried going up the middle, sometimes it worked , sometimes it didn't.  If anyone is suicidal, going up the center and sacrificing yourself against the enemy can have the effect of them nt moving any ships to either side and allowing your team mates to envelope them. I did play the Kaga one time and after several strikes against the enemy, I parked my carrier in the strait where she remained hidden for a while until an enemy DD came in and I had to destroy it with gunfire from the carrier herself, after that an BB shelled me to death

Members
1,018 posts
13,038 battles

I've seen a dash up the middle on Two Brothers work every now and then. At the very least it detracts red team players from your green team mates pushing the flanks.. Of course such tactics work best without CVs in the game to increase the surprise factor for the red players.

Members
5 posts
567 battles

Who cares if it works or not, half your team will be either afk or driving in circles around spawn anyway. Get in, get out, next match.

[BS]
Beta Testers
208 posts
9,331 battles
1 hour ago, Highlord said:

I've done it in my AA-specced Colorado while top tier.  The carriers were tier five, and there was only one per side.  I decided that a Colorado had little to fear from a Bogue and had more than enough firepower and armor to deal with tier 5's and 6's.  I was entirely correct, that poor, poor enemy team.  Everyone expected it to go as a regular Two Brothers match, with everyone following the meta like gospel, suddenly an angry Colorado appears behind them, their Nagato gets dev struck, and all thats in front of me are a Furutaka and an Emerald while I ravaged the Bogue's air wing like a Viking party at a convent.

Much violence was had.

.....and then you woke up laying in a sea of night sweat in your bed.

THE END

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

there you have it -- the new meta for brothers.  everyone go middle channel ALL OF THE TIME!  no point in discussing it, arguing about it, or contemplating alternative map strats.   we have video evidence that THIS IS THE DE FACTO way to play Two BRo's